Donations for the month of December

We have received a total of $25 in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Search

Member Spotlight
Show All Member Profiles 
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics6,717
Posts51,530
Members932
Most Online373
Mar 5th, 2017
Top Posters(All Time)
Pilgrim 13,540
Tom 3,563
chestnutmare 2,931
J_Edwards 2,615
Wes 1,856
John_C 1,773
RJ_ 1,582
MarieP 1,578
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 7
Tina 2
Recent Posts
The Godly Man
by chestnutmare. Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:05 AM
Abortion and Politics
by Pilgrim. Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:42 AM
Is the Following Legit?
by goldenoldie. Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:00 AM
None but Christ!
by chestnutmare. Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:01 PM
Chau is no Jim Elliot
by Tom. Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:13 AM
Build Thy spiritual temple among us
by chestnutmare. Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:53 AM
Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:18 AM Abortion and Politics [by Tom]
Abortion and Politics
I found out there are a few politicians out there, that are openly pro-life. However, in politics they do not believe they should use their office to try to overturn Roe vs Wade. Therefore, when the issue comes up in a political setting they abstain.
Some people say that if they do this they are actually pro choice, not pro-life.
While I believe there is nothing wrong with using a political office to support pro-life. I have no idea why they think it they should abstain. However I am not sure it is fair to go as far as some do in saying a politician is actually pro-choice if they refuse to use their office for pro-life causes.
Thoughts?

Tom
1 115 Read More
Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:24 PM Calvin on the Second Commandment [by chestnutmare]
Calvin on the Second Commandment [(from his commentary Exodus 20:4]

Now we must remark, that there are two parts in the Commandment the first forbids the erection of a graven image, or any likeness; the second prohibits the transferring of the worship which God claims for Himself alone, to any of these phantoms or delusive shows. Therefore, to devise any image of God, is in itself impious; because by this corruption His Majesty is adulterated, and He is figured to be other than He is. There is no need of refuting the foolish fancy of some, that all sculptures and pictures are here condemned by Moses, for he had no other object than to rescue God's glory from all the imaginations which tend to corrupt it. And assuredly it is a most gross indecency to make God like a stock or a stone. Some expound the words, "Thou shalt not make to thyself a graven image, which thou mayest adore;" [80] as if it were allowable to make a visible image of God, provided it be not adored; but the expositions which will follow will easily refute their error.

Meanwhile, I do not deny that these things are to be taken connectedly, since superstitious worship is hardly ever separated from the preceding error; for as soon as any one has permitted himself to devise an image of God, he immediately falls into false worship. And surely whosoever reverently and soberly feels and thinks about God Himself, is far from this absurdity; nor does any desire or presumption to metamorphose God ever creep in, except when coarse and carnal imaginations occupy our minds.

Hence it comes to pass, that those, who frame for themselves gods of corruptible materials, superstitiously adore the work of their own hands. I will then readily allow these two things, which are inseparable, to be joined together; only let us recollect that God is insulted, not only when His worship is transferred to idols, but when we try to represent Him by any outward similitude."
0 54 Read More
Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:13 PM Extraordinary Prayer [by Tina]
It is very apparent from the Word of God that He often tries the faith and patience of His people when they are crying to Him for some great and important mercy, by withholding the mercy sought for a season; and not only so, but at first He may cause an increase of dark appearances. And yet He, without fail, at last prospers those who continue urgently in prayer with all perseverance and "will not let him go except He blesses."
~ Jonathan Edwards
0 57 Read More
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:06 AM "Going Home - A Christmas Sermon" by C.H. Spurgeon [by Pilgrim]
Charles Haddon Spurgeon, that renown "Prince of Preachers" gives us a different perspective on the celebration of Christmas and one that is solidly based upon and taught in Scripture; the only rule of faith and practice. This month's Article of the Month is a sermon preached on December 21, 1856, and on the text of Mark 5:19. I have enjoyed and benefited from this sermon from the first reading of it and I do hope that many who read it now for the first time or perhaps once again will likewise benefit from it.

You can read it now by clicking here: Going Home - A Christmas Sermon.

And for reading it at a later time, you can simply visit The Highway website and click on the "Article of the Month" logo.

In His service and grace,
0 140 Read More
Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:48 PM The focus of True and Compassionate Prayer. [by chestnutmare]
Our prayer must not be self-centered. It must arise not only because we feel our own need as a burden we must lay upon God, but also because we are so bound up in love for our fellow men that we feel their need as acutely as our own. To make intercession for men is the most powerful and practical way in which we can express our love for them.
~ John Calvin
0 99 Read More
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 31 guests, and 101 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ronald Bargebo, mottley, SnydersSoapbox, Susan, reformedbygrace
932 Registered Users
Shout Box
December
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Popular Topics(Views)
862,151 Gospel truth
Page Time: 0.068s Queries: 5 (0.033s) Memory: 2.3348 MB (Peak: 2.6024 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2018-12-19 06:05:57 UTC