Donations for the month of February

We have received a total of "$0" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Search

Member Spotlight
Tom
Tom
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,157
Posts52,824
Members956
Most Online523
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
Pilgrim 13,911
Tom 3,940
chestnutmare 3,060
J_Edwards 2,615
Wes 1,856
John_C 1,805
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Pilgrim 12
Tom 7
Meta4 2
Recent Posts
The God of contemporary Christian ~ A.W. Tozer
by Pilgrim. Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:54 AM
"Christ died in a general way for all."?
by brightfame52. Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:14 AM
God's Most Comforting Attribute ~ Charles Spurgeon
by Rick Bates. Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:18 PM
Red Letter Bibles
by Tom. Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:23 PM
Pride ~ William Mason 1773
by Pilgrim. Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:25 AM
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Open Forum
3 hours ago
AMEN!!

And what condemns the idolater even more, is the fact that the truth of God is clearly revealed, i.e., His eternal deity and Godhead, through the things; the creation, He has made and if that isn't enough, God has revealed the truth IN them . So, inherently, all men are guilty of idolatry from conception to death due to their inherited corruption of their nature.

Romans 1:18-25 (ASV) 18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hinder the truth in unrighteousness; 19 because that which is known of God is manifest in them; for God manifested it unto them. 20 For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, [even] his everlasting power and divinity; that they may be without excuse: 21 because that, knowing God, they glorified him not as God, neither gave thanks; but became vain in their reasonings, and their senseless heart was darkened. 22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God for the likeness of an image of corruptible man, and of birds, and four-footed beasts, and creeping things. 24 Wherefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts unto uncleanness, that their bodies should be dishonored among themselves: 25 for that they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshipped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

I've doubtless stated this little quip more than once here and elsewhere and I'm going to be silly and state it again. And unfortunately, I have not been able to discover the author of it and I do not wish to take any credit for it, but it is marvelous iMHO. grin

"In the beginning God created man in His own image. And ever since the Fall, man has been trying to return the favor."
1 148 Read More
Theology Discussion Forum
Yesterday at 01:14 PM
Christ death results in the salvation of those He died for, so much so, He is called the Captain of their Salvation Heb 2:10

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Mine you, this is in the context of having tasted death for every man in Vs 9. Through and by His death, or His suffering unto death, He became the Captain of their Salvation, through tasting[experiencing] death. Now the word captain is the greek word archēgos and means:

the author, that by which anything begins to be, the origin, the active cause

So by His sufferings, tasting death, He became the originator, the active cause, Captain of their Salvation. It was by this means the Father ordained many sons to Glory.

BTW the word captain is the same word author in Heb 12:2

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Christ is the author/source of our Faith. This would include the OT Saints that went before in Heb 11 as well. Christ their Mediator was the source of their faith.
137 885,352 Read More
Quotes
Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:56 PM

Something to ponder:
"Today you will be with Me in Paradise!" is the whisper of Christ to every dying saint. Charles Spurgeon
0 63 Read More
What's New on The Highway website?
Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:51 AM
The account of the origin of heaven and earth converges in the first chapter of Genesis upon the creation of man. The creation of the other creatures, of heaven and earth, of sun and moon and stars, of plants and animals, is reported in brief words, and there is no mention made at all of the creation of the angels. But when Scripture comes to the creation of man it lingers long over him, describes not only the fact but also the manner of his creation, and returns to the subject for further broad consideration in the second chapter.

This particular attention devoted to the origin of man serves already as evidence of the fact that man is the purpose and end, the head and crown of the whole work of creation. And there are various material details which also illuminate the superior rank and worth of man among the creatures.

Rare it is that one can find an institution, school, professor or teacher that will even mention to actual, true origin of the human race. How sad that is, for the dignity and purpose of man is inevitably lost in the fabricated jargon of "expert's" theories which deliberately and unashamedly reject God. However, Dr. Herman Bavinck who was raised up by God to be a student of God's revealed truth, the Bible, was given a marvelous understanding of that truth and a wonderful ability to convey it to others so that they too might be transformed into the image of Christ. Sooooo, this month's article is a prime target for today's "Cancel Culture" for it contradicts the secular lies about man's origin, essence, and purpose as God's pinnacle of creation.

ENJOY!

You can read the article now by clicking here: The Origin, Essence, and Purpose of Man.

OR

For later reading of this article and all past Articles of the Month, visit The Highway website and click on the "Article of the Month" logo.

In His service and grace,
0 106 Read More
Devotional
Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:18 PM

"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose!" Romans 8:28

There is no attribute of God more comforting to His children than that of God's sovereignty. Under the most adverse circumstances, in the most severe troubles, they believe . . .
that Sovereignty has ordained their afflictions,
that Sovereignty overrules them, and
that Sovereignty will sanctify them all.

There is nothing for which the children of God ought more earnestly to contend, than . . .
the doctrine of their Master ruling over all creation,
the kingship of God over all the works of His own hand,
the throne of God, and His right to reign upon that throne.

"Our God is in the heavens; He does whatever He pleases!" Psalm 115:3

"All the peoples of the earth are regarded as nothing. He does as He pleases with the powers of heaven and the peoples of the earth." Daniel 4:35

"Hallelujah! For our Lord God Almighty reigns!" Revelation 19:6

"To be God and sovereign are inseparable!" (Stephen Charnock)

"Sovereignty characterizes the whole being of God. He is sovereign in all His attributes!" (Arthur Pink)

"God has sovereign right to dispose of us as He pleases. We ought to acquiesce in all that God does with us and to us." (William Carey)
0 113 Read More
Quotes
Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:06 PM
Take heed that you faithfully perform the business you have to do in the world, from a regard to the commands of God; and not from an ambitious desire of being esteemed better than others.
~ David Brainerd
0 105 Read More
Quotes
Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:56 PM
It is sweet to be nothing and less than nothing—so that Christ may be all in all.
~ David Brainerd
0 117 Read More
Quotes
Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:40 AM
There is a God in Heaven who overrules all things for the best—and this is the comfort of my soul.
~ David Brainerd
0 115 Read More
Quotes
Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:39 AM
Let me forget the world — and be swallowed up in the desire to glorify God
~ David Brainerd
0 114 Read More
Open Forum
Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:23 AM
Meta4 I certainly did not think you did not agree with both of us.

In fact what you said is as good a guess as I have seen.
Now you probably understand why I gave up on the conversation with the person. What I revealed was only his last post; before that many others tried to show him the truth. We were being very patient with him, yet he accused us of ganging up on him.

Tom
7 1,070 Read More
Quotes
Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:11 AM
"A gracious soul is glad of the law because it checks his sinful excesses. The heart would be ready to run wild in sin if it had not some blessed restraints put upon it by the law of God. He that loves God loves His law — the law of repentance, the law of self-denial. Many say they love God but they hate His laws. 'Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.' (Psa. ii. 3). God’s precepts are compared to cords, they bind men to their good behaviour; but the wicked think these cords too tight, therefore they say, Let us break them. They pretend to love Christ as a Saviour, but hate Him as a King. Christ tells us of His yoke (Matt. xi. 29). Sinners would have Christ put a crown upon their head, but not a yoke upon their neck. He were a strange king that should rule without laws." — Thomas Watson
0 146 Read More
Devotional
Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:25 AM
Amen!

Luke 18:10-14 (ASV) 10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as the rest of men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. 12 I fast twice in the week; I give tithes of all that I get. 13 But the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote his breast, saying, God, be thou merciful to me a sinner. 14 I say unto you, This man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be humbled; but he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Pray people, that your own heart will not be puffed up with pride, but pray especially for your pastor and all pastors and those given a position in your assembly. For, they are most prone to this cancerous sin.

Thanks, Rick! BigThumbUp
1 438 Read More
Quotes
Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:21 AM
Truth always advances godliness, but erroneous doctrine is contrary to it.
~ Christopher Love.
0 139 Read More
Theology Discussion Forum
Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:31 PM
pilgrim

1. Justification IS inherently legal. It is the proclamation of a [the] judge that the accused is found to be not guilty... based upon the vicarious substitutionary work of Christ Who is in personal union with the accused through faith. Again, NO ONE is truly justified before they come to Christ in repentance and faith in Him. (cf. Gen 15:6; Rom 4:3; Gal 3:6; Jas 2:23) It is 'by faith' (Greek dia {dative of means} pistis) in Christ that one is declared justified by God on the basis of the Lord Christ's atonement (passive obedience) and His perfect righteousness (active obedience), which is reckoned/imputed [Greek: logizomai) to the believer.

Well you read what I believe about legal justification, its accomplished solely by Christs death/blood. Rom 5:9,19

Justification is not 'applied spiritually to the mind of the [already] Justified'. Again, justification occurs in time and only in time when a regenerated sinner reaches out with true repentance and saving faith to God in Christ Jesus, whereby God declares once for all that the pleading sinner's sins have been propitiated, God's wrath appeased, the infinite debt has been paid, he has been reconciled to God and redemption has been made, and the perfect righteousness of Christ is LEGALLY imputed to him, therefore and on the basis of Christ's life and death in his behalf, he is now an adopted son of the Living God. It is NOT as you surely believe, that justification 'applied to an already justified individual' is merely a matter of that person's "mind" being enlightened to a previously unknown event of which he had no part of.

Yes Justification is applied Spiritually, thats how the Justified come into the Spiritual Knowledge of it by Faith. Faith is a fruit of the Spirit, a Gift from God. The Gospel reveals the Righteousness of God/ones Justification, to Faith read Rom 1:16-17, It reveals it, so it was already imputed, but it had not yet been revealed or made known to the Justfied one.

Justification follows the calling (regeneration by the Spirit through the Gospel; cf. Rom 1:16, 10:8-10). And then shows how this salvation which is through faith in the Lord Christ is unassailable and a surety for all true believers in Rom 8:31-39. Assurance follows justification by faith in Christ, and not before by some 'ex parte' event.

I can agree with that. when it follows calling thats the Spiritual application of Justification, hence one is Justified by Faith.

2 Thess 2:13,14 bares that out. You have the Sanctifying Work of the Spirit, the belief of the Truth, which is the Gospel by which the Justified is called

3 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: 14 whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
249 2,195,839 Read More
Open Forum
Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:03 AM
No bites.
I think he is saying he is against "freedom of religion", period.
Yet, that goes against his Baptist tradition.

Tom
1 450 Read More
Devotional
Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:01 PM
To be holiest in evil times is an indication of the truth of grace. To profess religion when the times favour it is no great matter. Almost all will court the Gospel Queen when she is hung with jewels. But to own the ways of God when they are decried and maligned, to love a persecuted truth, this evidences a vital principal of goodness. Dead fish swim down the stream, living fish swim against it. To swim against the common stream of evil shows grace to be alive.

~ Thomas Watson.
0 288 Read More
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 50 guests, and 96 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Pinoy Reformista, Randall Bachman, brightfame52, 042Dave, Lotero
956 Registered Users
Shout Box
March
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Popular Topics(Views)
1,217,565 Gospel truth
Page Time: 0.038s Queries: 6 (0.003s) Memory: 2.4631 MB (Peak: 2.6692 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2021-03-04 15:09:13 UTC