Donations for the month of December

We have received a total of "$25" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Search

Member Spotlight
Show All Member Profiles 
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,106
Posts52,628
Members951
Most Online523
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
Pilgrim 13,854
Tom 3,897
chestnutmare 3,043
J_Edwards 2,615
Wes 1,856
John_C 1,803
RJ_ 1,582
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 12
Recent Posts
LBGQT+ Revolution
by Pilgrim. Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:49 PM
Worship in the Covid19 age
by ATulipNotADaisy. Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:43 PM
Counted Righteous In Christ ~ R.C. Sproul
by Rick Bates. Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:35 AM
A Direct Threat to Christian Education
by Tom. Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:06 PM
An Accusation against Amil
by Tom. Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:47 PM
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Open Forum
10 hours ago
Sin has no limits, not only in its expression but also in the serious damage it does to others beyond those who commit sin. I have seen families who were once close disintegrate because of a member choosing homosexuality and one parent chose to be supportive and the other adamantly opposed. As you can probably guess, if faced with such a situation, I would be the one who would be uncompromising since the entire LGBT... expression is an abomination and against nature itself. God destroyed entire cities for this particular sin to display his holy wrath and judgment against all who practiced and even those who simply found it acceptable. And God will cast all unrepentant sinners into eternal punishment even for what men may deem a very minor 'mistake'. However, never forget nor doubt that even the vilest sinner can be called by the Spirit and be granted repentance unto salvation according to God's eternal council. I am a prime example of God's mercy, grace and power to give new life in the Lord Christ. (cf. Ps 40:1-4) Amen!!
1 26 Read More
Open Forum
Yesterday at 02:43 AM
The old story of the frog in the pot of boiling water comes to mind. If we don't wake up soon it will be too late.
1 47 Read More
Open Forum
Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:35 PM

You're welcome Pilgrim. You know, as often as we have reflected upon these essential truths, it's so good to hear them preached again. I was refreshed in the Lord. Truths like this anchor our soul against the onslaught of Satan's wicked attempts to challenge our faith, but praise be to God, our standing is sure, not because of ourselves, but because our sin was imputed to Jesus and Jesus' active and passive obedience and righteousness is imputed to our account. " Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time now and forever. Amen. " Jude 24, 25 ESV
Rick
2 64 Read More
What's New on The Highway website?
Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:29 PM
DOCTRINE 1: ONE SPECIAL DUTY WHEREIN THE PEOPLE OF GOD SHOULD BE MUCH EXERCISED IS THANKSGIVING.

December's article of the month is a short but poignant reminder that in these troubled times which exist in many places around the world Christians, those exercised in their souls by the Spirit should be moved to give thanks to our Great God and Redeemer. Yes, there is no denying that in our frail state at present circumstances can often dominate our mind and emotions. However, it is such circumstances that we should offer up heartfelt thanksgiving for all the wonderful and marvelous benefits we have received from the hand of God. We have God's own words directing us to do so when we are down:

Psalms 50:14-15 (ASV) 14 "Offer unto God the sacrifice of thanksgiving; And pay thy vows unto the Most High: 15 And call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me." and the Apostle Paul having personally known dark providences wrote: 1 Thessalonians 5:18 (ASV) 18 "in everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus to you-ward."

and we have several examples throughout Scripture of the faithful, being in less than ideal circumstances, offering up praise and thanksgiving in word and song, e.g. Acts: 16:22-25. Here is a short list of what we should offer up thanks for:

To God
Ps 50:14

To Christ
1Ti 1:12

Through Christ
Ro 1:8; Col 3:17; Heb 13:15

In the name of Christ
Eph 5:20

On behalf of God's servants
2Co 1:11

In private worship
Da 6:10

In public worship
Ps 35:18

In everything
1Th 5:18

Upon the completion of great undertakings
Ne 12:31,40

Before receiving food
Joh 6:11; Ac 27:35

Always
Eph 1:16; 5:20; 1Th 1:2

As the remembrance of God's holiness
Ps 30:4; 97:12

For the goodness and mercy of God
Ps 106:1; 107:1; 136:1-3

For the gift of Christ
2Co 9:15

For Christ's power and reign
Re 11:17

For the reception and effectual working of the word of God in others
1Th 2:13

For deliverance from indwelling sin, through Christ
Ro 7:23-25

For victory over death and the grave
1Co 15:57

For wisdom and might
Da 2:23

For the triumph of the gospel
2Co 2:14

For the conversion of others
Ro 6:17

For faith exhibited by others
Ro 1:8; 2Th 1:3

For love exhibited by others
2Th 1:3

For the grace bestowed on others
1Co 1:4; Php 1:3-5; Col 1:3-6

For the zeal exhibited by others
2Co 8:16

For the nearness of God's presence
Ps 75:1

For appointment to spiritual service
1Ti 1:12

For willingness to offer our property for God's service
1Ch 29:6-14

For the supply of our bodily needs
Ro 14:6-7; 1Ti 4:3-4

For all people
1Ti 2:1

For all things
2Co 9:11; Eph 5:20

As Thomas Manton rightly wrote, thanksgiving and praise are inseparable yet different. Read this short article and come to understand the difference and that giving thanks to God in all things is a matter of the heart.

Read this month's article now by clicking here: The Christian's Special Duty of Giving Thanks.

For later reading go to The Highway website and scroll down to the "Article of the Month" logo. There you will find not only the currect Article of the Month, but all past articles.

In His service and grace,
0 44 Read More
Open Forum
Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:06 PM
Hi Pilgrim

I must say that my children are 35 and 33, and when they went to school in B.C. Canada things were not near as bad as they are now. In fact, some of their own teachers were Christians who actually attended the Church they attended. Their mother and I made sure we were involved in their education, however because the things of God meant a lot to them and they were happily involved in Church, they were able to navigate where their education and where their belief's collided.
Saying that, from what I am hearing about education in this day and age, if they were young we probably would be home schooled them. Which several young families in the local Church I attend are doing, or plan to do.
Unfortunately, if what I am hearing is true. Canada and the USA may become like Germany where home schooling is illegal. Parents are considered the caretakers of the children and the children belong to the government and as such the government's agenda when it comes to education is what must be taught.
I have Christian friends who actually moved their family to Canada from Germany because of that very reason.

What you said about "His eternal foreordination of all thing..." is a great reminder for a Christian should be a sober reminder that we can not coast in this life and a comfort that God is in control.

Tom
2 246 Read More
Theology Discussion Forum
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:47 PM
Pilgrim

No I have not heard anyone who embraces Amiilennialism cite Plato or some Gnostic; that is a very good point.

Although the person who made this accusation is himself a 5 point Calvinist (or at least I think he claims to be). I wonder what he would say to Arminians who make the claim that Calvinism is based on Augustine's Platonic views?

But I digress, that is off the topic.

Tom
6 427 Read More
Open Forum
Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:53 AM
I had the pleasure of taking a Nouthetic Course that my pastor hosted about 5 years ago.

Tom
2 343 Read More
Open Forum
Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:23 PM
Pilgrim

Thankyou. That is close to my understanding; yet I did not want to say something I was not sure about.

It occurred to me that I probably know more about the US Constitution than I do the Canadian Constitution. Yet, I know both are being threatened.
Looking at the Canadian Constitution, it is very similar the US Constitution when it comes to the freedom of religion.

Tom
2 384 Read More
Open Forum
Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:18 AM
Today, a friend of mine from work, sent me an article written in the Ottawa Citizen News Paper.
To be quite frank although I am not surprised by it, given all the news lately, especially having to do with the left.
Never the less, if it is true, it appears that at least in Canada, it probably will not be too long before we start to see persecution.
https://ottawacitizen.com/news/nati...-other-techniques-to-influence-canadians

Tom
0 216 Read More
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 65 guests, and 105 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
tomatoetom, tulsaep, PaulOR, godrulez, Wood
951 Registered Users
Shout Box
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Popular Topics(Views)
1,169,751 Gospel truth
Page Time: 0.038s Queries: 6 (0.003s) Memory: 2.4245 MB (Peak: 2.6830 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2020-12-04 13:47:49 UTC