Donations for the month of June

We have received a total of $25.39 in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Search

Member Spotlight
Tom
Tom
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics6,786
Posts51,745
Members935
Most Online373
Mar 5th, 2017
Top Posters(All Time)
Pilgrim 13,596
Tom 3,632
chestnutmare 2,964
J_Edwards 2,615
Wes 1,856
John_C 1,779
RJ_ 1,582
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 5
Recent Posts
Allegorizing the Creation Account
by Tom. Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:06 PM
Opinions Wanted
by Tom. Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:56 PM
Theonomy and Christian Reconstructionism by Rev. R. Aasman
by Pilgrim. Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:36 AM
Is Roman Catholic Baptism Valid?
by Anthony C.. Tue May 28, 2019 10:57 PM
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Open Forum
21 minutes ago
This just came into my head. Since during corporate worship the pastor always pray for the government leaders both locally and nationally, does this inadvertently reinforce our thoughts that in government is where all our secondary answers lie. I mean we do not pray for our local or national businesses, nor neighborhoods or other institutions, just government. That makes me think that deep down we think that government is more important than all other institutions. I wonder if churches corporately 50, 100 or more emphasize government leaders in their prayers as we do now?
0 2 Read More
Open Forum
1 hour ago
I believe what you call "evolution within species" is called "micro evolution". This is a way different than what most people talk about when they use the term "evolution".
They are talking about "macro evolution", not micro evolution.
I was hoping to get some feedback on my OP, particularly concerning the Bible's use of the word "dust" and how we were created from it. How at death we will return to it. This is opposed strongly by the idea of us evolving from apes.
2 38 Read More
Quotes
Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:01 AM

The success of an illegitimate coiner depends largely upon how closely the counterfeit resembles the genuine article. Heresy is not so much the total denial of the truth as a perversion of it. That is why half a lie is always more dangerous than a complete repudiation. Hence when the Father of Lies enters the pulpit it is not his custom to flatly deny the fundamental truths of Christianity, rather does he tacitly acknowledge them, and then proceed to give an erroneous interpretation and a false application.

~ A. Pink.
0 29 Read More
Quotes
Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:07 PM
An untimely profession of the truth, which is to cast pearls before swine, and to give that which is holy to the dogs, as Christ says; who, by these words, forbids such a profession of the truth as is not made at the proper time, and when no necessity demands it: for it is correctly said, He who admonishes at the wrong time, injures.
~ Zacharius Ursinus
0 46 Read More
Quotes
Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:12 PM
To satisfy some bosom friends, some faithful friends. Man is made to be a friend, and apt for friendly offices. He who is not friendly is not worthy to have a friend; and he who has a friend, and does not show himself friendly, is not worthy to be accounted a man. Friendship is a kind of life, without which there is no comfort of a man's life. Christian friendship ties such a knot that great Alexander cannot cut. Summer friends I value notóbut winter friends are worth their weight in gold; and who can deny such anything, especially in these days, wherein real, faithful, constant friends are so rare to be found? 1 Sam. 22:1-3.
~ Thomas Brooks
0 78 Read More
Open Forum
Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:56 PM
I was referring to Rushdoony's Christian Reconstructionism. Which was not in the quote, but why else would they quote Rushdoony?
Thanks
Tom
4 372 Read More
Quotes
Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:54 AM
Those who set up a fictitious worship, merely worship and adore their own delirious fancies; indeed, they would never dare so to trifle with God, had they not previously fashioned him after their own childish conceits.

~ John Calvin, Institutes of the Christian Religion
0 115 Read More
Quotes
Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:41 PM
"Without absolutes revealed from without by God Himself, we are left rudderless in a sea of conflicting ideas about manners, justice and right and wrong, issuing from a multitude of self-opinionated thinkers." - John Owen (1616-1683)
1 218 Read More
What's New on The Highway website?
Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:36 AM
In recent years, terms like theonomy and Christian reconstructionism are being used and discussed in Reformed and Presbyterian circles. Although many identify theonomy and Christian reconstructionism as being the same thing, there are distinctions. Let us define our terms. Literally, theonomy means the law of God; and the implication of this is that one is bound to Godís law. For instance Herman Ridderbos in The Coming of the Kingdom speaks about the theonomy of the gospel: within the kingdom of God there is the demand to keep the law of God.1 Who of us would not call ourselves theonomists in the sense that we are under the law of God in Jesus Christ as Paul speaks about it in I Cor. 9, and as we confess it in the Heidelberg Catechism, Lordís Days 32-44 and that therefore our ethics are based on Godís law?

Nevertheless, more recently, the term theonomy has been coined by people with the basic methodology or hermeneutical approach to Scripture which advocates a continued normativity of the moral and judicial laws of the Old Testament, along with the penal sanctions of the Old Testament for today; and in their opinion, these are not only for the Church but for society as a whole.

What is the relationship between this theonomy and Christian reconstructionism? Christian reconstructionism takes the basic hermeneutical approach of theonomy to Scripture and starts to apply it in a concrete way in order to transform or reconstruct every area of life in this world to conform to the law of God. Reconstructionism also is postmillennial in that it optimistically believes in a world-wide dominion of Christ where the kingdom of Christ penetrates every section of life. This will happen as every aspect of life bows in obedience before the law of God. In fact, the civil government is to enforce the Old Testament laws and sanctions so that society is to be reconstructed as a Christian society. We should understand that every reconstructionist is a theonomist, but not every theonomist necessarily has all the distinctives of reconstructionism.

This part of the introduction to the Article of the Month for June should give you a good idea what the subject is; Theonomy/Reconstructionism. This subject has been covered and discussed before but I thought that Rev Aasman's article dealt with some items which may still be confusing for some who have tried to understand what all this is about. He not only explains the basic tenets of Theonomy/Reconstructionism, but provides a very clear and concise rebuttal of it using Scripture.

You can read this month's article by clicking here: Theonomy and Christian Reconstructionism.

Or, you can go to The Highway and click on the Article of the Month logo on the main page.

In His service and grace,
0 198 Read More
Theology Discussion Forum
Wed May 29, 2019 2:57 AM
Yes 100% valid.... as far as you leave the RCC for a biblically Reformed Church if provided the opportunity to properly discern

If you remain, itís a long shot....
2 450 Read More
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 26 guests, and 128 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Owen J. Knox, BrandonL, AlexM, Ronald Bargebo, mottley
935 Registered Users
Shout Box
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Popular Topics(Views)
948,805 Gospel truth
Page Time: 0.044s Queries: 6 (0.003s) Memory: 2.4223 MB (Peak: 2.6203 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2019-06-25 17:31:59 UTC