Donations for the month of October

We have received a total of "100" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Search

Member Spotlight
John_C
John_C
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Show All Member Profiles 
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics6,828
Posts51,889
Members939
Most Online373
Mar 5th, 2017
Top Posters(All Time)
Pilgrim 13,647
Tom 3,686
chestnutmare 2,977
J_Edwards 2,615
Wes 1,856
John_C 1,794
RJ_ 1,582
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 13
Pilgrim 12
John_C 6
Recent Posts
The Gospel
by Pilgrim. Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:35 PM
Luther on Predestination
by Anthony C.. Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:12 PM
Politics
by Anthony C.. Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:51 PM
The Cost of Burial
by Tom. Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:55 PM
"Double Predestination" by R.C. Sproul, Sr.
by Pilgrim. Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:29 AM
Church Membership
by Pilgrim. Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:41 PM
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Open Forum
Yesterday at 08:35 PM
The bad news of rejecting the good news must be pressed home at some point.

But why lead with it? Preach Christ and his kingdom first! Give them something to reject... and so warrant the bad news

Christ and his kingdom first... Give them something to reject... and so warrant the bad news. scratch1

Why not follow the biblical pattern which declares the hopeless condition of all and the incomprehensible determinate council of God to show mercy and grace to sinners in Christ Jesus to redeem them through His substitutionary death and imputing His perfect righteousness to their account though faith in Him?

J.I. Packer is of the same mind: The Old Gospel and the New.

Does the 'bad news' need a warrant to be declared? Isn't the 'bad news' and inherent and inseparable part of the true Gospel which is in its entirety 'good news'? Is it not an indisputable truth that the natural man hates God and by nature rejects the Gospel? God does NOT love sinners just the way they are! ALL are by nature children of wrath and liable to judgment. The 'good news' is that in love, God sent His only begotten Son to save them from their sins so that they will not perish. The FIRST work of the Spirit is to convict a sinner of their sin(fulness) Joh 16:8 [notice the order how the Spirit works].
3 55 Read More
Open Forum
Yesterday at 05:12 PM
I should have wrote that Karlstadt and Müntzer separated spirit from word.
20 1,592 Read More
Open Forum
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:51 PM
Church is mimicking the state and the state is mimicking Satan. My litmus test for everything is, ‘How does this glorify God?’
I apply it to woke ‘christianity’, celibate gay ‘christians’ and all the other nonsense coming down the pike. I can’t believe how far down even so-called reformed churches are following the culture and left politicians down the road to oblivion.

Like Machen said, liberalism is another religion all together, and there is practically no distinction between religious and political liberals - it’s all the same. Machen’s Christianity & Liberalism is essential reading for everyone.
2 84 Read More
Open Forum
Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:55 PM
Here is a question asked of me; that I don't know how to answer.
What do you say to a person that believes that cremation is sinful. Yet says, because the cost of being buried starts around $8 thousand; they do not see an alternative.

Tom
0 25 Read More
What's New on The Highway website?
Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:29 AM
"A horrible decree ...." "Most ruthless statement. . . ." "A terrible theological theory. . . ." "An illegitimate inference of logic. . ." These and other similar epithets have been used frequently to articulate displeasure and revulsion at the Reformed doctrine of double predestination. Particularly abhorrent to many is the notion that God would predestinate (in any sense) the doom of the reprobate.

I decided to include this article after it was mentioned in a discussion here and realized that although it is the most popular of all other articles on The Highway, it had never been featured as The Article of the Month. bingo

Alrighty.....it now has that great distinction. bigglasses

No introduction! but to say, if you have never read this particular article, DO IT! And , if you have read it before, READ IT AGAIN! giggle

You can access this article right now by simply clicking here:Double Predestination.

OR you can always visit The Highway website and click on the "Article of the Month" logo.

In His service and grace,
0 195 Read More
Open Forum
Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:41 PM
I know you own William Hendriksen's New Testament Commentary set. grin Soooooo, read his comments on Matt. 5:33-37. BigThumbUp
1 218 Read More
Open Forum
Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:55 AM
Richard is in Glory with the Lord!

I wanted to inform you all of the passing of Richard Bennett yesterday, Sept 23, 2019.

Arrangements are underway for his memorial service and details will be posted at https://bereanbeacon.org soon.
Please pray for Richard's wife Lynn as she makes arrangements while still battling stage 4 cancer.
0 113 Read More
Theology Discussion Forum
Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:18 AM
Things have changed greatly over the past 50 years in both denominations, and not for the better unfortunately. So, it is near impossible for me personally to be able to say with any confidence what the actual reason is for their fencing the table. shrug The biblical reason for the practice used to be based upon,

1 Corinthians 11:27-29 (ASV) "27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat the bread or drink the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner, shall be guilty of the body and the blood of the Lord. 28 But let a man prove himself, and so let him eat of the bread, and drink of the cup. 29 For he that eateth and drinketh, eateth and drinketh judgment unto himself, if he discern not the body."

In short, those who desired to participate in the Lord's Supper must be able to provide a credible profession of faith and not be under biblical discipline from another recognized church. Intellectually, the individual must have a reasonable understanding of salvation and of the sacrament/ordinance.
1 319 Read More
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 30 guests, and 136 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Zishan Ladha, Luke, Sonshine, CNAPS, Owen J. Knox
939 Registered Users
Shout Box
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Popular Topics(Views)
993,997 Gospel truth
Page Time: 0.038s Queries: 6 (0.003s) Memory: 2.4157 MB (Peak: 2.6168 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2019-10-17 12:32:00 UTC