Donations for the month of June

We have received a total of $100 in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Search

Member Spotlight
Show All Member Profiles 
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics6,636
Posts51,168
Members927
Most Online373
Mar 5th, 2017
Top Posters(All Time)
Pilgrim 13,432
Tom 3,449
chestnutmare 2,915
J_Edwards 2,615
Wes 1,856
John_C 1,757
RJ_ 1,582
MarieP 1,578
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 19
Pilgrim 14
John_C 3
Johan 1
Meta4 1
Recent Posts
Mexican illegal immigration into the USA
by Pilgrim. Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:59 PM
Same sex atrraction sinful then what?
by Tom. Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:35 AM
TWU Denied Law School Accreditation
by Tom. Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:14 AM
Reformed Confessions of Faith and the Traditional Text
by Pilgrim. Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:43 AM
Messianic Judaism
by Tom. Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:29 AM
Doctrine and Philosophy
by Tom. Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:02 PM
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Open Forum
1 hour ago
1. The previous administrations ignored, for the most part, the LAW which Congress enacted and the President signed. Trump and the Immigration Dept is simply enforcing the LAW for ILLEGALS who are asking for asylum. Those who do most assuredly have been advised and coached to do that. Does anyone really think that these foreigners know American immigration policy/law? [Linked Image]

2. The vast majority of the immigrants who try and cross the U.S. Border are not in any danger in their home countries. Wanting an alleged "better lifestyle" is hardly synonymous with being threatened with imprisonment and/or death by a government.

Sooooo, yes the so-called "news" that comes through the Leftist media, which is an arm of the Democratic Party is anything but true and reliable. Unfortunately, in other countries that is all people are exposed to. In this country, it is a conscious choice of people to get news from the mainstreet media and to not listen to or watch any of the few conservative news outlets, e.g., Fox News, CRTV, Rush Limbaugh, et al.
4 28 Read More
Open Forum
4 hours ago
Not sure if the author would disagree with you.
Tom
2 17 Read More
Open Forum
Yesterday at 05:14 AM
Hi Pilgrim
I just found out a little more applicable information concerning this matter.
In this particular case it only applies to British Columbia and Ontario; which amounts to about half the population of Canada.
I also found out that this also applies to existing lawyers in these two provinces. They need to sign a document upholding the LBGQ rights as opposed to old traditional rights; or lose the right to practice law. I find it hard not to read into the future ramifications such a stand.
I was also talking to some parents after Church today during coffee time. A woman was talking about how she was taking courses to learn more about home schooling. She was saying that in public school parents no longer have a say about what is being taught to their children. It is now mandatory for them to be taught about LBGQ, in keeping with the government agenda. She also said it looks like in the future, anyone homeschooling their children might be forced to teach that agenda to their children as well. I told her about a family that came to Canada from Germany, that came here basically because in Germany home school was not allowed and that their children were not their own, they belonged to the government.
Her response was, it did not surprise her, because it looks like Canada in headed that way as well.
As an aside note; I listened to a short video clip of the Prime Minister of England saying to the British people basically that they do not own their children, the government does.
Tom
8 159 Read More
Theology Discussion Forum
Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:43 AM
Okay, so you prefer the 'Textus Receptus' vs. Westcott-Hort or the Nestle-Aland texts. I have read Burgon's book and others who defend the 'Textus Receptus' and I have also read many books that defend the 'Majority Text'. There are valid arguments on both sides which makes it very difficult to choose between them. However, I am curious if you go further than siding with the Textus Receptus and also believe that only one of the many translations based upon the Textus Receptus is equally inspired, i.e. the translation shares the same divine authorship and the original autographa, aka: The King James Bible?
12 6,050 Read More
Theology Discussion Forum
Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:29 AM
John
I am no expert on Messianic Judaism, however I do know that not all Messianic congregations believe the same thing. I used to go for coffee with one and found out that he believed that Christ came to restore the Jews to their original glory. Never did find out more than that though.
If you want to know more, I think Google is your friend.

Tom
1 66 Read More
Open Forum
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:02 PM
I was thinking what he called "philosophy", had to do with things like apologetics, whether or not egalitarianism, or complimentarianism is correct; philosophy of ministry, or even musical styles for worship.
However, seeing he said this rant without context, I am not sure.
If so however, I disagree with him, the Bible deals with those topics.
Tom
2 95 Read More
Open Forum
Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:10 PM
2 248 Read More
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 25 guests, and 132 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Micki Bowman, Nigel J, wischnotes, Dutch Michael, Ray
927 Registered Users
Shout Box
June
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Popular Topics(Views)
767,015 Gospel truth
Page Time: 0.035s Queries: 6 (0.003s) Memory: 2.4024 MB (Peak: 2.6014 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2018-06-19 19:54:41 UTC