gotribe said:
Wow. I just read what I wrote and I hope you will understand what I was trying to say.
If it is any consolation, I for one understood you perfectly!

I can given an example of this situation. And yes, I realize that what might be considered a gifted oration to one can be objectionable to someone else, so no offense is intended in the example.

Albert Martin, the well-known Baptist preacher/pastor has a delivery "style" that I find objectionable; i.e., it really turns me off. But nearly every sermon/lecture I have listened to I found myself "captivated" despite his manner of delivery. If it wasn't for the "anointed" content of his sermons/lectures, I probably would have shut off the tape after the first 5 minutes (or less). Contrariwise, there is a well-known and respected "Reformed" preacher/pastor who has a syndicated radio program who is lauded as a dynamic speaker (I choose to have him go nameless). I have to admit that he is very easy to listen to. But the content of his sermons is simply . . . hmmmm "unacceptable"? He rarely deals with the alleged biblical text and most always goes off on some tangent that is totally unrelated to the text and sometimes not even biblically sound.

As you rightly said, it is when the Holy Spirit is present and at work in the mind and heart of both the preacher and the hearer that the "delivery/manner" of the one preaching is but coincidental.

1 Corinthians 2:1-5 (ASV) "And I, brethren, when I came unto you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, proclaiming to you the testimony of God. For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. And my speech and my preaching were not in persuasive words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: that your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God."
In His grace,

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]