This month's article deals with the subject of hermeneutics; biblical interpretation. Dr. Peter Masters writes on a particular genre of biblical writing, parables and miracles which he believes, and I agree have been woefully misunderstood and thus wrongly applied due to a faulty hermeneutic; method of interpretation. His approach, which I again believe is correct is to understand parables and miracles as evangelistic, i.e., they are all revealers of the gospel. That is not to say that the whole gospel can be found in any particular parable or miracle. Like the Bible itself, they are a facet of the whole.

Dr. Masters shows both the negative, how many modern scholars, pastors and individual professing Christians wrongly use parables and miracles and the positive, i.e., how they should be understood and why. It's somewhat amusing that the author should have to write on this subject since the Scripture's own method of interpretation has been established for centuries and recognized by practically the entire Church, acknowledging that a few erred and when they did, it was catastrophic... until recently, when now even once conservative seminaries are teaching serious errors concerning hermeneutics, which of course results in wrong doctrine and wrong practice, aka: heresy.

You can read the Article of the Month for August here: Are All Parables and Miracles Gracious?.

And you can always access the Article of the Month for this article and all the Articles of the Month from The Highway homepage.

In His service and grace,

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]