Pilgrim
It isn't that I haven't read up on the matter a bit. It is just that as I try to look at the banter back and forth, it almost goes right over my head.
I noticed that on another thread you said something to the effect of this particular issue has been debated for a long time. But one thing you are sure of is the issue of formal equivalent vs. dynamic equivalent.
Like you, I am not a fan of the dynamic equivalent.

Reading through several sites I did notice several things I think I understand. For example, those who favor the Critical Text, say that a long ending to the book of Mark is is false; despite how popular it has become.
If I am not mistaken James White believes a long ending to Mark is questionable at best. To which at least one critic, says White is contributing to unbelief in the Bible.
Another issue is whether or not God preserves just the original manuscript, or whether that translates into the English. Many who are King James Only advocates, believe that God only preserves the KJV of the Bible. They make it sound like those who disagree are in serious error.
Not everyone who believe in the Majority Text, as opposed to the Critical Text, go as far as KJVOists.
Tom

Last edited by Tom; Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:12 PM.