nope I don't recall the "why" of the dietary laws. There may be something in Scripture that reveals that, but again, I can't recall any. What I do know is that Scripture doesn't forbid any type of food for Christians if consumed in moderation. Personal matters, e.g. allergies, etc. do restrict some from eating particular foods, but that isn't a matter of scruples which is what Paul addressed in 1Cor and Romans. Make careful note that the "weaker brother" has scruples based upon a misunderstanding of the Scriptures in regard to "liberty" in Christ. Those who have scruples based upon other matters are not included, e.g., it is wrong to eat anything that is not "organically grown", etc. etc. So, the "stronger brother" who rejoices in that liberty will refrain from eating or drinking of certain items when a weaker brother is in his midst so as to not offend him or worse yet to convince that brother to eat something to which he believes is biblically forbidden. This does NOT mean that the stronger brother should not take opportunities to open the Bible and show that "all things (food and drink) are good and given by God to be enjoyed. And lastly, the Church should NEVER take the position of a weaker brother, which would be a regression to bondage. grin

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]