Dear Prestor John,<br><br>IRT:<br>"Nope don't see pull apart by force. Where did you get this greek translation again??"<br><br>The meaning of "separate" in this passage is contextually derived. This passage describes many things that may try or be used to try to force a believer to renounce his faith in Christ. If it were impossible for us to depart from God, I doubt He would have given the commands to continue in His love (John 15:9) and to keep ourselves in the love of God (Jude 21); it would also be impossible for the love of many to grow cold (which it will for some, Matthew 24:12). Therefore I conclude that the meaning of "separate" in this passage means "to force away," just as I conclude that "sin" in 1 John 3:9 means "continue in sin," even though this is not the literal denotation. But if you insist on getting technical, I would also point out that it is not an apostate's departure that separates him from Christ, instead it is God the Father who cuts him off for not abiding (John 15:1-2, Romans 11:22).<br><br><br>In Christ,<br>Josh