Donations for the month of March

We have received a total of "0" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Forum Search
Member Spotlight
Pilgrim
Pilgrim
NH, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,781
Posts54,881
Members974
Most Online732
Jan 15th, 2023
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,447
Tom 4,516
chestnutmare 3,320
J_Edwards 2,615
John_C 1,865
Wes 1,856
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 4
John_C 1
Recent Posts
1 Cor. 6:9-11
by Pilgrim - Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:02 PM
Change in NRSVue text note on 1 John 5:7
by Pilgrim - Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:07 AM
Is the church in crisis
by John_C - Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:52 AM
Jordan Peterson ordered to take sensitivity training
by Tom - Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:00 PM
Should Creeds be read in Church?
by Pilgrim - Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:30 AM
Do Christians have Dual Personalities: Peace & Wretchedness?
by DiscipleEddie - Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:15 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#53581 Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:56 PM
Tom Online Content OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Online Content
Needs to get a Life
I am sure by now many have heard that many Christians believe that the chemical attack by Syria against their own people is a hoax that was designed to get a reaction from Trump.
Some of these sources are coming from quacks who believe the USA is "Mystery Babylon". Yet others come from Reformed Christians.
Is there a way for the average Christian to find out the truth among all false information out there?

By the way, there are people out there who ask questions like this out of panic. That is not my intend here, I know that my God has a sovereign plan and my confidence is in Him, not politicians.

Tom

Tom #53582 Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:18 PM
Addict
Addict
Do you have the Reformed Christian sources? I'm interested in checking em out..... Not sure how Assad benefits.... But I don't think our track record, in terms of noble motive, is sound regardless... Not sure we need just cause, just just perception

Tom Online Content OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Online Content
Needs to get a Life
Actually, the Reformed Christians I am talking about did not give their sources.
That is a reason why I am not sure why they would even make a claim like that.

Tom #53584 Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:43 PM
Addict
Addict
Originally Posted by Tom
Actually, the Reformed Christians I am talking about did not give their sources.
Assad could be a mad man for all I know, but how would he benefit from a chemical attack?.... Seems all unnecessary/excessive downside to me..... Why does Assad do this now? Where's the upside for him? He doesn't want to provoke us I'm sure.....

Tom Online Content OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Online Content
Needs to get a Life
Originally Posted by AJ Castellitto
Originally Posted by Tom
Assad could be a mad man for all I know, but how would he benefit from a chemical attack?.... Seems all unnecessary/excessive downside to me..... Why does Assad do this now? Where's the upside for him? He doesn't want to provoke us I'm sure.....

Which is one reason why I suspect we do not know a lot of the facts. Trump says that he has proof that Assad did this, yet I have not seen this proof. Other than the videos of the people that were effected by these chemical attacks. For some reason however, if these events are a hoax, I think Trump doesn't realize it and he is being used.
Yet, the only real so called evidence I am hearing is coming from the hyper-Dispensational community. I.E they are saying that the USA is "mystery Babylon."

Tom

Tom #53588 Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:39 PM
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
Originally Posted by Tom
I am sure by now many have heard that many Christians believe that the chemical attack by Syria against their own people is a hoax that was designed to get a reaction from Trump.
1. Are these individuals suggesting that the films of the dead and dying shown through myriad news media are fabricated?
2. Are these 'sources' which you are reading "Never Trumpers"? Are some evanjellical Dispensationalists whose eschatology is based upon the news?
3. I am not aware of anyone claiming the chemical attack was a hoax. IF it was, you probably should look to Obama, Hillary Clinton, Chuck Shumer, Elizabeth Warren, Nancy Pelosi and George Soros. Or, perhaps the conspiracy theorists of the New World Order were behind it? drop
4. Just because someone claims to be a "Reformed Christian", does that somehow mean they have a brain? rofl

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Tom #53589 Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:53 AM
Tom Online Content OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Online Content
Needs to get a Life
Pilgrim
All good questions, yet I don't know anything other than what I said already.
There is one thing that I did read however and that is actually something that AJ mentioned in this thread.
Basically "what would Assad possibly gain from attacking his own people with chemical weapons? He knows that the US would problably retaliate for such a move.
By the way, one hyper-Dispi that talked about this is a huge Trump fan, who thinks Trump has been duped. He also believes the USA is "Mystery Babylon".
The reason why I know about him, is he was actually my best man almost 35 years ago. I was asked by a relative to comment on something he started on Facebook. II told him that I have spent hours before researching his heretical beliefs and commenting and believe by commenting on this matter, would be a waste of time.
Tom

Last edited by Tom; Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:11 AM.
Tom #53590 Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:04 AM
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
I don't pay any attention to the anti-Trumpers. This does NOT mean that I think Trump is a "good man" or infallible. wink I do listen to Fox News and a few other conservative radio talk programs since the mainstream drive-by media is so full of Fake News that it would be stupid to waste my time listening to anything they had to report, never mind believe anything coming from them. What has been said by Trump many times over the past year is that he wasn't going to be so idiotic to disclose intel information to the media before decisions are made what to do and any intended action has been done. Why tell your enemies what you are going to do, where you are going and when before you do it??? [Linked Image] On one particular program on Fox News it was reported that there were satellite pictures of one of the planes that dropped the chemical weapons. I seriously doubt the decision to fire Tomahawk missiles at Syria was done just for fun and without any provocation whatsoever.

Almost immediately after the Boston Marathon bombings occurred there were theorists who claimed that it never really happened and everything seen on news footage was staged. The same happened after the Sandy Hook School massacre; claims that the entire event was staged and orchestrated by Obama. These type of conspiracy theories are abundant even including that Neal Armstrong never set foot on the moon because no spacecraft was ever launched, rolleyes2

Lastly, re: What would Assad have to gain from gassing his own people? Who knows why these Middle East wackos do what they do? Such horrors are not unusual in the Middle East or in Africa where millions are slaughtered. History is replete with such atrocities. Why would anyone think that such things couldn't happen today? Do people really think that we now live in a civilized world? Tell me, when did that happen? Isn't man still totally depraved and the only reason that the natural man/woman/child does anything even remotely "good" on the human plane is because it is God Who restrains them and their love of sin?

One other thing is absolutely certain... No matter what Trump does or says, including any member of his family, the drive-by media is going to say it is wrong, bad, crazy, etc. And if a short time goes by where there is nothing to report, they will make it up. igiveup

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Tom #53591 Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:44 AM
Addict
Addict
I'm not saying it's a hoax, but after 8 years of obama lies.....

The ironic thing is obama remained restrained on Syria.....

I guess it is what it is.... Which is unfortunate

Still think something stinks around Sandy Hook... https://m.facebook.com/HoaxAtSandyHook/ no harm in asking questions, skepticism is not a crime, or else we'd all be evolutionists

Here's an interesting theory - http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...rian-gas-attack-was-false-flag-operation
There are no 'good guys' but I will trust Trump on this one until proven otherwise....

https://www.voanews.com/a/mcmaster-...olicy-seen-syria-airstrikes/3801871.html

Last edited by AJ Castellitto; Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:45 AM.
Addict
Addict
Pilgrim, you do realize that Trump is good friends with Roger Stone, Alex Jones, and Steve Bannon, right? http://www.commondreams.org/news/20...denounce-sandy-hook-conspiracy-theorists

Is there a Deep State?

Last edited by AJ Castellitto; Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:25 AM.
Tom #53593 Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:12 AM
Addict
Addict
Tom, here's one more interesting piece: https://consortiumnews.com/2017/04/08/where-was-cias-pompeo-on-syria/
Sorry, things are not more straight forward. But the MSM, including Fox are all in bed with the Establishment.... Fox will go a little further in speaking truth, but only so far before they are reigned back in....

I'm comfortable knowing that most mainstream reporting are agenda driven half truths

Either Assad took for granted that we would not act, or he is mindlessly reckless and has a deathwish.... Or something else....

On a related deep state, no major difference between both establishment parties note:

You know what terrorizes me the most? Our own government

Last edited by AJ Castellitto; Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:08 AM.
Tom #53594 Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:01 AM
Addict
Addict
Think that there was a real chemical attacl against His own people, and that the president did the right thing to send him a warning shot across his bow! Also, some have speculated that Putin and Trump were in together on this in order to have him look tough, and get the Dems off the Russian attacks on Him in the Congress? Think all of that stuff is just speculation, by groups and people that really hate trump!

Tom Online Content OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Online Content
Needs to get a Life
JesjusFan
Concidering the fact that both Russia and Iran have said if Trump does further military action they both will retaliate. It would be unlikely Putin and Trump are in on this together.

Tom

Tom Online Content OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Online Content
Needs to get a Life
Originally Posted by AJ Castellitto
Tom, here's one more interesting piece: https://consortiumnews.com/2017/04/08/where-was-cias-pompeo-on-syria/
Sorry, things are not more straight forward. But the MSM, including Fox are all in bed with the Establishment.... Fox will go a little further in speaking truth, but only so far before they are reigned back in....

I'm comfortable knowing that most mainstream reporting are agenda driven half truths

Either Assad took for granted that we would not act, or he is mindlessly reckless and has a deathwish.... Or something else....

On a related deep state, no major difference between both establishment parties note:

You know what terrorizes me the most? Our own government

All I can say is this is just one mass of confusion. The people on the comment thread seemed to believe that the USA are the real evil empire and many would support Putin. One guy who came out in support of America, was made to look like an idiot and a troll.
It sounds like many of posters would support a civil war concerning this issue in America. Kind of like the first civil war between the North and the South.
I live in Canada and I am no fan of our Prime Minister, but he just came out with the strongest language in support of what Trump did. Adding that Assad must leave and Russia should not get away with their support of him. He advocated sanctions against both Russia and Syria.

What a mess we are finding ourselves in. My only comfort is in knowing that no matter what things look like. God's sovereign plan is in full swing and nothing takes God by surprise.
Tom

Last edited by Tom; Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:54 PM.
Tom #53599 Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:10 PM
Tom Online Content OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Online Content
Needs to get a Life
Now I understand what a German friend of mine meant when he told me that if I lived in Germany during WW11, even as a Christian I would probably be in support of Hitler.
It was hard to understand when my friend said it, but now I think I understand why he said that.

Tom

Last edited by Tom; Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:10 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 84 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
PaulWatkins, His Unworthy Son, Nahum, TheSojourner, Larry
974 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
1,506,457 Gospel truth