Donations for the month of November

We have received a total of $100 in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Search

Member Spotlight
Tom
Tom
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics6,533
Posts50,718
Members921
Most Online373
Mar 5th, 2017
Top Posters(All Time)
Pilgrim 13,297
Tom 3,305
chestnutmare 2,862
J_Edwards 2,615
Wes 1,856
John_C 1,748
RJ_ 1,582
MarieP 1,578
gotribe 1,057
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 24
Pilgrim 18
John_C 2
Recent Posts
Peter Enns
by Pilgrim. Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:20 PM
Why I hate the left
by Anthony C.. Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:43 AM
Law and Grace
by Tom. Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:21 PM
The Church of England Announcement
by Tom. Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:11 PM
What is a missionary work
by Pilgrim. Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:07 AM
Terrorist Attacks
by AJ Castellitto. Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:08 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#54369 - Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:39 PM In Case anyone is interested  
Tom Offline
Needs to get a Life
Tom  Offline
Needs to get a Life

Kelowna, British Columbia, Can...
Hi
I thought I would give the readers on The Highway an example of the e-mails, facebook messages etc... that are frequently coming my way over the last while.
Most are probably aware that how people have been talking a lot about "Blood Moons" lately. Some are even boldly proclaiming later this month the Lord is coming back. Today, I got the following link concerning the link between the eclipse and the hurricanes that are happening since the eclipse.
https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/...phecy-stronger-ever/#Sjz1PsOCZBrFipGX.97
You will notice in this link, it says if someone does not listen to you, there is nothing you can do about it. I had to roll my eyes when I read that. rolleyes2

You probably guessed that I put no credence in these things, yet I am growing more concerned at how many people I personally know, including my sister who put a lot of credence in these things.

Tom

#54371 - Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:09 AM Re: In Case anyone is interested [Re: Tom]  
Pilgrim Offline
Head Honcho
Pilgrim  Offline

Head Honcho

NH, USA
Tom, in all sincerity... I have counseled you before on such things and obviously, you ignored the advice, which you are certainly free to do. But I'll iterate my counsel once again concerning "how many people I personally know, ..." [who believe silly, crazy, unbiblical things]. As I minutes ago wrote in my reply to your question on the matter of should a Christian judge another person, particularly someone who professes to be a Christian also, it seems that most of your "friends", "people you know", and even "relatives" embrace myriad things which are either contrary to Scriptural teaching or reject sound doctrine, even core doctrines upon which salvation itself stand. It is clearly written that in the last days [from Christ's first coming to His last coming] that those who profess to belong to Christ will teach and/or believe false doctrine and in doing so reveal that they are not one of His sheep. And this reality, it is written, will increase to the point that the overwhelming majority of those who profess Christianity will openly fall away and only a remnant of the visible church will remain faithful and true, and that due to the grace and power of God and the indwelling Spirit which only they possess.

So, you have two choices, it seems to me, regardless of who the individual is: 1) shake the dust of your feet and move on. 2) avoid getting into controversial discussions and simply speak the Gospel to them, for they are in all probability dead in sin and under the just condemnation and judgement of God. And if they refuse to hear the Gospel, then #1 is Christ's command to you. True believers are NOT OF THIS WORLD. And the world will hate them because of who they are (Lk 6:22; Jh 15:18 1Jh 3:13). Remember well Paul's counsel to Timothy:

2 Timothy 3:10-17 (ASV) "But thou didst follow my teaching, conduct, purpose, faith, longsuffering, love, patience, persecutions, sufferings. What things befell me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured. And out of them all the Lord delivered me. Yea, and all that would live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. But evil men and impostors shall wax worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived. But abide thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them. And that from a babe thou hast known the sacred writings which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. Every scripture inspired of God [is] also profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for instruction which is in righteousness. That the man of God may be complete, furnished completely unto every good work."

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
#54372 - Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:29 PM Re: In Case anyone is interested [Re: Tom]  
Tom Offline
Needs to get a Life
Tom  Offline
Needs to get a Life

Kelowna, British Columbia, Can...
Pilgrim, sorry for giving the impression I am not taking your advice.
The reason I started this thread was to find out if others are having the same experience I am having concerning the month of September. I have even noticed many who do not claim to be Christians, think there is something up.
Tom

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 17 guests, and 113 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
drewk, patrice, Robert1962, Ron, billmcginnis
921 Registered Users
Shout Box
November
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30