Donations for the month of March

We have received a total of "0" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Forum Search
Member Spotlight
John_C
John_C
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,780
Posts54,875
Members974
Most Online732
Jan 15th, 2023
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,447
Tom 4,516
chestnutmare 3,320
J_Edwards 2,615
John_C 1,864
Wes 1,856
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 4
John_C 1
Recent Posts
Is the church in crisis
by John_C - Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:52 AM
Jordan Peterson ordered to take sensitivity training
by Tom - Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:00 PM
Should Creeds be read in Church?
by Pilgrim - Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:30 AM
1 Cor. 6:9-11
by Tom - Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:34 AM
Do Christians have Dual Personalities: Peace & Wretchedness?
by DiscipleEddie - Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:15 PM
The When and How of Justification
by DiscipleEddie - Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:13 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#54748 Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:55 AM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life

One would need to climb under a rock in this day and age to not realize the issues of homosexuality, transgenderism or any other deviant acts are part of the culture of our day. The Bible is clear that such acts are in violation of Scripture and those whose who practice such deeds will be cast into hell. (Rom.1:32)
With all that in mind; I myself have fairly recently been affected by this by people I care about. One person in particular has become convinced that her previous understanding of the matter is wrong. Where once she was convinced that as a Christian she needed to leave her old life behind; where she thought she was trapped inside a female body. So she chose to obey Scripture rather than her feelings. She now has actually marched in a gay pride parade and seems to believe God is ok with her new life-style and she is more content than ever before. Her name is Olga, but now goes by Harry.
With that in mind, I know there is no silver bullet. I would like to try one more time; in the hope that I can reach her. What I have in mind; is (besides prayer, which is indispensable) is an article or small book that does not compromise Scripture; yet comes across as caring about the person. I suspect heretics got to her concerning Bible interpretation.
I also know there are a few others besides myself, who are very concerned about her.
Hope that is not asking too much; but I hope you get my point.

Tom #54749 Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:55 AM
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
Tom, you have already spoken to her (she is NOT a 'him' regardless what she thinks or what she might do with her physical body, nor how accepting society is of her "change") and/or she knows what God has spoken in the Scriptures on this matter. She is evidently aware of the abominable sin she has chosen to accept and practice and that it is against nature itself. She has aligned herself with those who God has clearly revealed in Scripture will not inherit the kingdom of God but contrariwise, they will be cast into everlasting hell. God is able to call such individuals to repentance through the secret and silent work of the Holy Spirit by regenerating their spiritual dead souls. But why do you refer to her as a "Christian"? She obviously has no real union with Christ and is one of millions in our day who says they "love Jesus" but who have not entered through the "narrow gate" but regardless they are accepted with open arms and received as children of God and declared members of the Church by those who boast of being "tolerant".

Mt 7:13,14 "Enter ye in by the narrow gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many are they that enter in thereby. For narrow is the gate, and straitened the way, that leadeth unto life, and few are they that find it."

Matthew 7:17-24 "Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but the corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Therefore by their fruits ye shall know them. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy by thy name, and by thy name cast out demons, and by thy name do many mighty works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Every one therefore that heareth these words of mine, and doeth them, shall be likened unto a wise man, who built his house upon the rock"

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Pilgrim #54756 Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:49 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
Pilgrim
Actually I have not talked to her about it. Some of her friends and my daughter have. None of them told me about it, mainly because they thought I would be better off not knowing. The reason why I now know about it, is because she FB messaged me, wanting to be my friend. I have not responded to that request; and I am not even sure I will.

As far as calling her a Christian; sorry I was not trying to convey that I thought she was actually a Christian. I was just trying to convey why she previously gave her old life up; because she knew that it was not in keeping with being a true Christian. I am sorry, that I worded this poorly.
I am now told by her former boyfriend and work colleague of mine; that she believes the tradition understanding of certain Scripture passages on the subject is wrong.
I personally have run into this kind of thing; and it is obvious that they butcher the passages to meet their own agenda.
Part of me; does not want to have any part of any association with her; other than on my knees. However, there is another part of me that would like to reach out to her at least once. Hence why made this thread.

Tom

Tom #54759 Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:27 PM
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
You can always try to speak with her... but it is doubtful you would get a positive response. IF she claims to be a Christian and IF she is a member of a church, then the elders should be knocking on her door, sitting her down and having a serious conversation with her. And if she insists on the things which the LGBTxxxxxxxxxx are currently using to excuse their sin(s) then she should be quickly disciplined. And if she refuses to repent in a short period of time, then she should be excommunicated. A church with no discipline is no church. It is situations like this that tend to uncover the veneer people hide behind and their true self is revealed. Prayer is probably the most effective means to help this girl as well as shunning her (2Thess 3:6; 1Tim 1:9-11, 18-20; 6:3-5; Titus 1:13-16; 2Jn 1:9-11).

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Pilgrim #54760 Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:48 AM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
Pilgrim

Just to be clear, I am thinking about this only because I have not said something previously.
I completely agree with you concerning the elders knocking on her door and having a talk with her. The problem with that however, is when she decided to identify as a male she left her Church and moved to a different city.
Yes, that plays into my thoughts as well and perhaps it is another reason why I am not sure I should say anything. She is probably now going to a Church (and I use that word loosely- or should I say social club?) that accepts that kind of thing. Up until now, I have ignored her friend requests on Face Book and if I accept it, it will because I actually care about her eternal state.

You have helped me think things through.
Thank you

Tom

Tom #54764 Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:53 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
Hi Pilgrim
Just thought I would let you know, my pastor’s sermon today had a lot of the same advice you gave me in your response.
Normally my pastor does expositional sermons. However, between him and another elder because they felt a need for the Church to hear a more topical subject, in a series they have been covering the subject of ‘Church Government.’
Today’s subject was ‘Church Discipline’ and the main text was Matt. 18:15-20. The reason why I am sharing you this, is not to get into the details of what he preached. Rather, I am always amazed at how many times God brings things up like this; that have a lot to do with something I am going through.
God is great!
Tom

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 77 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
PaulWatkins, His Unworthy Son, Nahum, TheSojourner, Larry
974 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
1,506,390 Gospel truth