Donations for the month of April

We have received a total of "0" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Forum Search
Member Spotlight
Pilgrim
Pilgrim
NH, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,788
Posts54,920
Members974
Most Online732
Jan 15th, 2023
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,457
Tom 4,529
chestnutmare 3,325
J_Edwards 2,615
John_C 1,866
Wes 1,856
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 13
Pilgrim 10
John_C 2
Recent Posts
Jordan Peterson ordered to take sensitivity training
by Tom - Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:50 AM
David Engelsma
by Pilgrim - Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:00 AM
1 Cor. 6:9-11
by Tom - Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:00 AM
The Jewish conservative political commentators
by Tom - Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:54 AM
The United Nations
by Tom - Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:04 PM
Did Jesus Die of "Natural Causes"? by Dr. Paul Elliott
by Pilgrim - Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:39 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Pilgrim Offline OP
Head Honcho
OP Offline
Head Honcho
The PCA's Slide Into the Homosexual Abyss Accelerates
By Dr. Paul M. Elliott

http://www.teachingtheword.org/apps/articles/?view=post&columnid=5449&articleid=194818

There are some valuable links at the bottom of this article that relate to the PCA’s road to its logical downfall if God doesn’t have mercy on that denomination and move them to repent and return to orthodoxy.

What are your thoughts on this new development in the PCA?

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Addict
Addict
Woeful.....

2 points....

1. we are that totally depraved.... this point is continuously missed with these endeavors.... too many support groups for our special sins.... and this one is really crossing the line.....

2. the history of 'sexual identity' is a troublesome one...... RCC gets plenty wrong, and if they miss point #1 the link I post is to no effect.... but I think this guy may be on to something here....

https://www.firstthings.com/article/2014/03/against-heterosexuality

https://www.firstthings.com/web-exclusives/2014/08/against-obsessive-sexuality

Last edited by Anthony C.; Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:45 PM.
Addict
Addict

Journeyman
Journeyman

this article states, near the end, that the bible does not condemn homosexuality as an abomination... yet my bible (ESV) does. confused confused

Journeyman
Journeyman
Also, is the firstthings.com a Catholic site?

Pilgrim Offline OP
Head Honcho
OP Offline
Head Honcho
FYI, on this discussion board you have 6 hours open time to Edit: add to, correct, modify, etc., any new post or reply. Thus, you don't have to do post a reply to yourself if you wish to edit within that 6 hours. wink

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Journeyman
Journeyman
Thank you crazyeyes

Addict
Addict
Originally Posted by ReformedDisciple

this article states, near the end, that the bible does not condemn homosexuality as an abomination... yet my bible (ESV) does. confused confused
Read the next sentence.... the thesis is a condemnation of the language/terminology hetero/homo.... An argument against 'sexual identity'
"The Bible never called homosexuality an abomination. Nor could it have, for as we have seen, Leviticus predates any conception of sexual orientation by a couple of millennia at least. What the Scriptures condemn is sodomy, regardless of who commits it or why."
I haven't read the article in a while but it would muddy the waters if it does not condemn SSA- that may be the reason for pockets of gay pedophile priests....FT is Catholic...Carl Trueman does write for them

Last edited by Anthony C.; Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:11 AM.
Addict
Addict
This is a must watch

My comments:

Greg Johnson is an absolute disgrace. If he was my pastor I would tell him directly to his face.... Charity goes out the window when you are that far off gospel message. Where is Jesus in all what he espouses??? Where is the depth of our depravity...? Faux mercy is what he promotes... This dude has major issues

I feel the hosts reactions.... What seminary did this guy go to???? What the heck.....???? Secret Change Agent? On Soros payroll... ? This must be purposeful deceit.... He can't be THIS theologically ignorant... this is Reformed 101

Last edited by Anthony C.; Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:57 AM.
Pilgrim Offline OP
Head Honcho
OP Offline
Head Honcho
Sorry Anthony... but I could only listen to 20 minutes of that "interview" with Greg Johnson before I pushed the STOP button. What this ordained pastor in the PCA was advocating is worthy of not only defrocking, but excommunication. What is more disturbing is that there are probably more of his ilk that occupy the office of elder in the PCA and many other denominations and independent churches throughout the world and there is no discipline of them.

Romans 9:25-29 (ASV) "As he saith also in Hosea, I will call that my people, which was not my people; And her beloved, that was not beloved. And it shall be, [that] in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, There shall they be called sons of the living God. And Isaiah crieth concerning Israel, If the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, it is the remnant that shall be saved: for the Lord will execute [his] word upon the earth, finishing it and cutting it short. And, as Isaiah hath said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, We had become as Sodom, and had been made like unto Gomorrah."

Romans 11:1-5 (ASV) "I say then, Did God cast off his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. God did not cast off his people which he foreknew. Or know ye not what the scripture saith of Elijah? how he pleadeth with God against Israel: Lord, they have killed thy prophets, they have digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have left for myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to Baal. Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace."

Mark 13:19-22 (ASV) "For those days shall be tribulation, such as there hath not been the like from the beginning of the creation which God created until now, and never shall be. And except the Lord had shortened the days, no flesh would have been saved; but for the elect's sake, whom he chose, he shortened the days. And then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is the Christ; or, Lo, there; believe [it] not: for there shall arise false Christs and false prophets, and shall show signs and wonders, that they may lead astray, if possible, the elect."

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Addict
Addict
Yeah, it was a train wreck.... The lead interviewer asked him to cancel the event and told him what he was doing was wrong but he remained indignant

Journeyman
Journeyman
I'll watch it tonight

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 75 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
PaulWatkins, His Unworthy Son, Nahum, TheSojourner, Larry
974 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
1,512,694 Gospel truth