Lucius Caecilius Firmianus Lactantius (c. 250 c. 325) was an early Christian author who became an advisor to the first Christian Roman emperor, Constantine I, guiding his religious policy as it developed, and a tutor to his son Crispus. His most important work is the Institutiones Divinae ("The Divine Institutes"), an apologetic treatise intended to establish the reasonableness and truth of Christianity to pagan critics.

This month's article is one of Lactantius' treatises entitled, "On the Workmanship of God, On the Formation of Man". The style of how Lactantius approached this subject reminds me of how King David wrote on the Law of God, extolling it from various perspectives and how he not only perceived its greatness and perfection but also how he loved all that God had required of him through His laws. In this particular case, Lactantius writes on the magnificence of man as distinguished from all other creatures taking focus upon man's body in all its various parts. He was impressed, as should we be also, the perfection of God's creation of man and how it was designed to function and in all things reflect the glory of God the Creator and Sustainer of all things.

I do hope you enjoy this article as much as I did and spend time reflecting upon God's greatness and inestimable wisdom in creating YOU as a bearer of His image.

You can access this month's article now by clicking here: On the Workmanship of God, On the Formation of Man.

OR

As always, you can find this month's Article of the Month and all past articles of the month by visiting The Highway homepage and click on the "Article of the Month" logo.

In His service and grace,

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]