Donations for the month of April

We have received a total of "$0" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Search

Member Spotlight
Meta4
Meta4
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics6,991
Posts52,326
Members945
Most Online523
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
Pilgrim 13,752
Tom 3,800
chestnutmare 3,033
J_Edwards 2,615
Wes 1,856
John_C 1,799
RJ_ 1,582
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 28
Pilgrim 19
Meta4 5
John_C 2
Recent Posts
Covid-19 and Pharmaceutical Companies
by Tom. Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:37 PM
If You are Baptized you are not saved?
by Tom. Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:28 PM
For Whom Did Christ Die? ~ Steve Lawson
by Rick Bates. Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:13 PM
Lovely Progression ~ Anonymous
by Rick Bates. Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:08 PM
Diversely Excellent ~ Anonymous
by Rick Bates. Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:04 PM
Free Will Synergism vs. Free Grace Monergism
by Rick Bates. Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:32 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
The Christian First Nations People #55984
Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:05 PM
Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:05 PM
Kelowna, British Columbia, Can...
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
Tom  Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
Over the years since I was a teenager, I have lived among some First Nations People (That is what they want to be called). Since becoming a Christian, I have lived in a community that have a fairly large population of First Nations People.
I have even had the pleasure of seeing some of them come to the Lord and attend Church. Some of them by all appearances are growing in the knowledge of Scripture.
They even stand against things like abortion, LBGQT and other things that the left promotes.

However, what I am finding with almost all of them. None of them will vote Conservative and vote to the left despite these issues.
It is clear they believe the Conservatives are against the First Nations People and to them this is more important than other issues.
I have tried to engage a few of them on these things. Yet, although they will engage me with other things, they will not engage me about that. It is as though they are of two minds. One, the Lord and His Word are very important, except where the First Nation People’s rights are concerned.

Recently, as a First Nations friend often does, he posts on Facebook examples of what he considers against his people. In this case, the Canadian pipeline that by in large they are totally against, which many are willing to do almost anything to stop.
Several left wing politicians are standing with them and my friend said he is moved to happy tears at this.

As you can imagine, I am saddened at these things.

I have also had a few African American Christian friends over the years and they all vote Democrat.
In one case, I was puzzled about this and decided to ask an African American friend about this. As a result I lost him as a friend, when all I asked him is why do the Christian African American community vote Democrat.
He responded by saying.
“Because all Republicans are prejudice!”
That was the last thing I heard from him despite my efforts to try to communicate with him again.
I am seeing the same basic pattern between the Christian First Nations People and the Christian African American community and I am saddened.

To give an example of what I am talking about. I am providing the latest example of something a Christian First Nations friend recently posted on Face Book.

"I'm on the verge of shedding tears reading of my Indigenous brothers and sisters who will be arrested for 'standing up for their rights' to protect their God-given lands and resources. I'm heartbroken to see 'Indian Act's "chiefs and councilors" 'sitting back', 'ringside seats', watching the Hereditary Chiefs getting physically handled for protecting their lands and resources. I 'spit' in your paths for showing disdain, total disrespect for your respective Hereditary Chiefs!!
Shame on 'you people' for proudly doing non-indigenous peoples 'dirty work'. I close with emphasizing that I support all Hereditary Chiefs of this province WHOLEHEARTEDLY!!"

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...j0C1KaeltomU3XznHOKxRkB8IXpRQFpYkSLVn96g

Does anyone know how to respond to these kind of things?

Tom

Last edited by Tom; Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:06 PM.
Re: The Christian First Nations People [Re: Tom] #55986
Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:49 PM
Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:49 PM
NH, USA
Pilgrim Offline

Head Honcho
Pilgrim  Offline

Head Honcho
NH, USA
I have already answered this question in another thread. Although, this type of thinking goes far deeper than politics... it is indigenous to the "First Nations" animistic religion. Although some may profess to embrace Christianity, in most cases it is superficial and identical to most who profess the Christian religion. But as far as dealing with the political angst toward conservatives, as I have mentioned before, ignorance of the Left's history is a major problem. Remember, man by nature is sinful and many have done despicable things to other human beings even in the First Family where Cain murdered his brother Abel. Again, historically, the most heinous crimes committed against minorities are owned by Liberals. Dinesh D'Sousa's lectures, books and videos documents this as fact. "Identity Politics" plays on the 'victim mentality' of many and thus outwardly draw support, but in fact, they are using man's self love and innate prejudice to further themselves and increase their power over others making them dependent on government. igiveup

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Re: The Christian First Nations People [Re: Pilgrim] #55987
Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:37 PM
Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:37 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
Tom  Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
Pilgrim

What you said is my basic understanding as well. However, how do I as someone connected to some of them communicate these truths?

You mentioned:
it is indigenous to the "First Nations" animistic religion

Your mentioning "animistic religion", reminds me of the frustrations an old missionary friend of mine told me about the First Nations people. He told me that although his ministry among the First Nations people has been quite fruitful. He remains very concerned, because in many cases, they just adopt Christianity to what they already believe, despite how clear he tries to be in his preaching the Gospel.

By the way, about two years ago my friend the missionary passed away from brain cancer. He was a man who loved the Lord and it showed in his ministry to the First Nations people. Most people who knew him, respected him and he left behind a loving wife and three children. One of them is now a pastor.

Tom

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 34 guests, and 137 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CharlieFry, Michaelpatrick, ROB, Rick Bates, Teofil
945 Registered Users
Shout Box
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
Five_Sola, Henry
Popular Topics(Views)
1,067,722 Gospel truth
Page Time: 0.044s Queries: 15 (0.004s) Memory: 2.8305 MB (Peak: 3.0925 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2020-04-07 08:46:28 UTC