Donations for the month of April

We have received a total of "0" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Forum Search
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,787
Posts54,918
Members974
Most Online732
Jan 15th, 2023
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,457
Tom 4,528
chestnutmare 3,324
J_Edwards 2,615
John_C 1,866
Wes 1,856
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 15
Pilgrim 12
John_C 2
Recent Posts
Jordan Peterson ordered to take sensitivity training
by Anthony C. - Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:57 PM
David Engelsma
by Pilgrim - Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:00 AM
1 Cor. 6:9-11
by Tom - Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:00 AM
The Jewish conservative political commentators
by Tom - Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:54 AM
The United Nations
by Tom - Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:04 PM
Did Jesus Die of "Natural Causes"? by Dr. Paul Elliott
by Pilgrim - Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:39 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#56380 Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:58 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
There is a fairly short video making the rounds; which was recently sent to me.

https://www.facebook.com/JohnMacArthurGTY/videos/1649268771909715

I found myself with mixed feelings concerning it. While I agree that Church is essential, I question some of the numbers he uses.
I have also seen quite a few picture's of his Grace Community Church in session, with very little in the way of masks or any social distancing at all.
His mentioning protests and riots is legit; because it does hypocritical when Church is not allow to meet. However, does that really mean that Covid-19 should not be taken suriously?

I do know that if our local Church met while violating health guidelines, I would not be allowed to work.

Tom

Tom #56381 Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:31 PM
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
I liked what he said and from my own research and from the data found by many others, his 'statistics' are spot on. What is mostly put out on the "mainstreet media" is FAKE NEWS!!

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Pilgrim #56387 Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:26 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
Does that mean that Churches should balk at what our government officials are saying and forget about social distancing and wearing masks?

As I said before, if the Church I attend met with more than the government health official guidelines of no more than 50 in attendance, while also social distancing; I would not be able to work.

If you have ever watched a recent service from John MacArthur's Church, you would notice a lot in attendance; no social distancing and very few masks.

Tom

Last edited by Tom; Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:28 PM.
Tom #56388 Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:55 PM
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
COV19 is a real virus. And therefore, like any other virus, one should take reasonable precautions. Those who are most at risk need to be especially careful. But for the vast majority of people, there is an extremely small risk of contracting this virus and dying from it. I choose to not wear a mask unless it is mandatory. I rarely even think about social distancing. grin IF I ever did get infected, I would self quarantine for the prescribed time and then get on with my typical routine. Each individual must decide what is best for themselves and others around them, e.g., the principle of Christian Liberty. In this country, as I often write, we have the Constitution which GUARANTEES specific individual freedoms, liberties and rights and that governments cannot infringe upon them. Whether I choose to practice those freedoms is my decision. No one is mandated to do those freedoms. But the government is forbidden to remove them or diminish them according to their political agenda or personal opinion(s).

FYI, the vast majority of 'masks' are ineffective in blocking the virus. But the propaganda continues and gives people a false security/assurance that they are protected against the virus. I recently had an appointment at the VA Hospital and was given a mask to wear before being allowed to enter the building. It was really a joke because of the cheap paper mask they provided which had absolutely no ability to protect me from anything. igiveup

So, in this matter, I believe that MacArthur is doing nothing wrong in holding services. The individuals who want to attend worship can choose for themselves whether to wear a mask and/or practice social distancing. Or, they can choose not to attend that church. They have the RIGHT to make those decisions for themselves and our government has no right to forbid them. If they try, they are in direct violation of the Constitution of which they all swore to uphold and protect, and thus they are guilty of tyranny.

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Tom #56397 Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:09 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
From the studies I have done on masks, by talking to medical professionals.
Masks do not protect the person wearing them; they protect others.
I also only wear a mask where it is mandatory.

Also, there does not seem to be an absolute consensus on things like the effectiveness of masks, even for the protection of
others as I mentioned above. Yet, the majority of health care professions seem to believe it does.
One thing I do believe, is shutting down a lot of society like they have been doing is an overreaction.
Also, in Canada the government is forking our money to people and some have decided to stay home and receive the $2 thousand month from the government, rather than go back to work.

I can only imagine how much our taxes will go up to pay for all this once Covid is over.

Tom

Last edited by Tom; Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:17 PM.
Tom #56398 Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:33 AM
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
Originally Posted by Tom
From the studies I have done on masks, by talking to medical professionals.
Masks do not protect the person wearing them; they protect others.
I also only wear a mask where it is mandatory.
scratchchin Hmmmmmmm, so the virus can't escape through the mask on the wearer's side, but it can get through to the wearer from the outside? Now, that is one bit of "science" I would love to learn about. The truth of the matter is the masks in use by the majority of people are ineffective in stopping the molecules of the Corona Virus, along with other similar types of viruses because the material(s) used are too porous, i.e., the virus simply passes through them. It's akin to putting a screen door in a submarine. There are masks made that are capable of protecting the wearer from this type of virus, but they are far more expensive and not widely distributed.

This entire COVID19 debacle is a political football and thus the truth is rarely uttered unless it furthers the agenda of the group, speaker or the reputation of the individual. You can compare the dissemination about this virus to the fabricated "science" of man-made "Climate Change" aka: "Global Warming". The promotion of this farce is repeated like a mantra... "Science shows...... every scientist agrees that [man-made] Climate Change is real, etc., etc., ad nauseam". If a scientist or professor disagrees, he/she is ridiculed, censored and even fired. False information is so common in our day, especially coming through and even fabricated by the main street media, that it is difficult to know the truth even if it was uttered on occasion. bingo

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Pilgrim #56399 Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:37 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
Pilgrim
You mentioned two things. Covid-19 and the effectiveness of masks and global warming.
I agree with you about global warming and contrary to popular opinion, just like macro evolution. Not all scientists agree with it. Yet, I really do not want to bring that into the discussion.

On the mask issue, I am well aware not all medical professionals agree.
However, people I know in the medical community believe they are to an extent. Among the information I was given is from the Mayo Clinic.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-mask/art-20485449

Now more to the point, regardless of who I agreed with on the effectiveness of mask (as recommended). Is this really an issue, I want to make a big deal about?
Am I willing to forget the rules at work for example concerning social distancing and mask wearing, simply because I disagree? These things are not optional, they are absolutely mandatory; that is unless I am willing to quit my job.

Tom

Tom #56400 Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:49 PM
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
Well, you missed the point, unfortunately. Our (U.S.) Constitution does not forbid the government; local, state or federal from issuing edicts that everyone must wear a mask, regardless of the fact that SCIENCE has shown most of those used are ineffective. So, if your city/town or state or your buffoon Prime Minister requires masks be worn, then you should wear one in public. On the other issue, I brought in man-made Climate Change to simply illustrate the disagreement that exists among the "experts" and how the Leftists stifle those who have concluded contrary to them on this and nearly every other issue. Thus, like a 'banana republic' the populace hears mostly the Left's opinion about whatever the topic is along with the harsh denigration of those who hold to another opinion. Soooooo, like good little sheep who are so ill informed about facts whatever their "leaders" say, it is taken as truth.

No pity party about your possibly losing your job if you don't wear a mask..... igiveup However, if the government demands that all assembly by those who choose to worship God is illegal, then there is no room for bowing to the governmental 'gods', for the one true God DEMANDS that you obey HIM and not them.

Acts 4:15-20 (ASV) 15 But when they had commanded them to go aside out of the council, they conferred among themselves, 16 saying, What shall we do to these men? for that indeed a notable miracle hath been wrought through them, is manifest to all that dwell in Jerusalem; and we cannot deny it. 17 But that it spread no further among the people, let us threaten them, that they speak henceforth to no man in this name. 18 And they called them, and charged them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus. 19 But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it is right in the sight of God to hearken unto you rather than unto God, judge ye: 20 for we cannot but speak the things which we saw and heard.
Remember Paul's penetrating words, "Yea, and all that would live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution." 2Tim 3:12. Put in the vernacular, these are situations when one's professed faith are put to the test... where the rubber meets the road. [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 121 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
PaulWatkins, His Unworthy Son, Nahum, TheSojourner, Larry
974 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
1,511,090 Gospel truth