The Highway
Posted By: Tom Why I hate the left - Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:51 PM
A friend of mine recently posted something on Face Book that I thought was worth sharing and might just spark some discussion.
[url]
[\url]

Tom
Posted By: Pilgrim Re: Why I hate the left - Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:19 PM
And what are YOUR thoughts concerning, People who share the same 'goals' may differ on how to reach those goals and still remain friends. But those who don't share the same goals basically have nothing that allows friendship. And paraphrastically, I hate the Left but not Liberals.

Do any of these statements ring true under the light of Scripture? If so, which ones? And could you (generic) provide examples of how they do or if not... why?
Posted By: Anthony C. Re: Why I hate the left - Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:31 PM
All these things are a big distraction....
I found/find myself lamenting the political/cultural state (of things) cause it's easier than dealing with myself....and humbling myself and resting in the arms of my Savior.....

Thankfully I'm a poor, lazy writer and infuse too much scriptural sentiments in my blogs to ever truly catch on..... But the political/cultural divide is high stakes and high drama.... But too low for me to ultimately be concerned and seduced by such affairs..... Its become better for me to look away and move on....
Posted By: Tom Re: Why I hate the left - Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:29 PM
Pilgrim
Good questions.
I do know that many of the people I know who are Christians who have the same goals as I do disagree on how those goals should be met. For example, on the issue of gun control; as all of us do, they want safe communities etc... But think that we need better gun control in which to do that. I tend to disagree with them, but I want the same goal as them.
One can be a liberal and yet believe the whole sexual orientation issue that is happening in society is morally bankrupt and moving further and further away from the foundational principles to which our nations were founded on.

Tom
Posted By: Tom Re: Why I hate the left - Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:40 PM
Anthony
Yes, I agree in a sense that there is a very real danger in allowing all that is happening in society to distract us away from the ultimate source of our strength.
If we do not live to glorify God, all of what is happening around will consume our thoughts and ultimately away from our thrice Holy God.
Saying that however, we do live in this society and understanding how God wants us to react to these things is important.
I definately do not have how to do that figured out.
Tom
Posted By: Pilgrim Re: Why I hate the left - Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:41 PM
Originally Posted by Tom
Pilgrim
Good questions.
I do know that many of the people I know who are Christians who have the same goals as I do disagree on how those goals should be met. For example, on the issue of gun control; as all of us do, they want safe communities etc... But think that we need better gun control in which to do that. I tend to disagree with them, but I want the same goal as them.
Good example on how the principle doesn't work due to generalization of the issue.
1. Gun Control: In the U.S. there are already gun control laws in place of which some are too far reaching. For example, you cannot purchase a firearm of any kind without a background check. Those places, e.g., California, New York, Connecticut, New Jersey and Chicago have the most stringent and prohibitive gun laws in the country, have the highest rate of crimes committed with guns in the nation. Criminals do not buy guns from legitimate sources, so those stringent laws are superfluous and only serve to penalize the majority of responsible citizens who are consequently denied the ability to defend themselves.
2. The majority of those screaming for MORE gun control measures align themselves with the political Left who would confiscate most all guns from the public. This they are constantly trying to do by myriad means in order to circumvent the 2nd Amendment which clearly states that the right to own and bear arms is an INALIENABLE RIGHT.

Thus it is impossible to be "friends" with such people. And contrariwise, they want nothing to do with those who embrace and defend the Constitution upon which the country was established. The two sides are antithetical albeit they may mouth similar goals. The "Federal Papers", which I have mentioned to you before, are the writings of those who wrote the Constitution, e.g., on what their intent was in including the 2nd Amendment. Thus, it isn't a matter of "interpretation" of the 2nd Amendment since the founding fathers spelled out the meaning of that Amendment in perspicuous words.

Originally Posted by Tom
One can be a liberal and yet believe the whole sexual orientation issue that is happening in society is morally bankrupt and moving further and further away from the foundational principles to which our nations were founded on.
Just because one might agree on a negative view in regard to a moral issue does not open the door to "friendship". The issue of what a "friend" is has been discussed before and we disagreed on that definition as I held to the biblical definition (2Cor 6:14-18; Jam 4:4). I have acquaintances that are "moderates" politically and even with some unregenerate individuals. But we are not and never can be "friends".
Posted By: Tom Re: Why I hate the left - Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:15 PM
Pilgrim
Although I am not an American, I like and agree with the constitution of the USA.
What I was talking about when I said "friends", are people such as my wife and daughter. For example, my wife does not believe in hunting or guns in this day and age. She looks at society and all the killing etc...and jumps to the conclusion that we need better gun controls. It is actually a closed subject with her, so regardless of if I want to talk about it or not; I know better.
Neither my daughter or my wife are actually liberals, but have bought into their reasoning on that particular issue.
Tom
Posted By: Pilgrim Re: Why I hate the left - Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:42 PM
It's one thing to have no interest in guns... or whatever. It is an entirely different matter to impose your personal views in regard to guns upon others, i.e., to believe that no one should own guns when the founding document of the country in which you live not only allows an individual to do own and bear arms but states that it is an INALIENABLE RIGHT which cannot be infringed of every citizen to own and bear arms. On moral issues, if the Bible states, which it does that murder, for example, is prohibited and those who do commit murder are to be put to death as punishment, then one may choose to disregard what God has commanded, but they have no right to impose their view on everyone, especially through a law. Applying this back to the firearm issue, the Bible is very clear that one has the right to defend one's own life and the lives of their family and even their neighbor if need be without any restriction on how you implement that defense. Christ Himself commanded His disciples to carry a sword (weapon of their day) on their journeys to protect themselves against those who would do them harm. SCRIPTURE not only allows but enjoins the people of God to own and bear arms. Thus, one who objects to anyone owning or bearing arms is taking a position which is contrary to Scripture. The doctrine of Christian Liberty even extends to regulating one's personal views concerning things which God has deemed good yet an individual who is immature in the faith, aka: weaker brother. NOTHING exists which is outside the purview of God and His Word. Put another way, there is no such thing as something being amoral. One may choose not to partake of the freedom God has provided. But such an individual has no God-given right to forbid anyone else from partaking of his freedom. During the infant years of the forming of the United States of America every household had at least one firearm in its possession. In some places, it was law that one must own a firearm for the common good. At the time of the American Revolution, it was not uncommon for pastors to have their muskets lying across the pulpit. And, nearly every able-bodied man fought in that great war including pastors. That should indicate to you just how far things have declined given the anti-gun sentiment of the LEFT, which are all invariably haters of God.
Posted By: Anthony C. Re: Why I hate the left - Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:43 PM
As far as American politics is concerned watch Conspiracy of Silence: The Franklin Cover Up documentary to see how depraved and compromised both major political parties have become....many religious institutions are also compromised namely the RCC

WARNING!!! Only watch first 10-12 minutes cause it gets very disturbing in detail and language after that.... However the last 15-20 minutes are also important, discretion advised however....

https://topdocumentaryfilms.com/the-franklin-cover-up/
© The Highway