The Highway

Opinion Wanted

Posted By: Tom

Opinion Wanted - Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:16 AM

Recently a friend (more of an acquaintance) gave me a sermon he wants all Christians to listen to because, according to him, "it will change their lives."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k33...oENBS5_BsCNcHbQ-C1I6Ht9QVV909_-he-shGAq0

He even said the following concerning the person delivering the sermon.
I consider him to have more insight and accuracy than the fathers and the reformers.
and
The fathers and reformers got a lot wrong Tom. The evidence presented is incontestable. Why not give the book a listen then draw your conclusion? You will soon see how much they (and we) have departed from Scripture.

I had told him that although I plan to listen to the sermon, when I have time to actually listen to it without interruption. What you read above was his reply and to be quite frank, when I hear such claims it immediately makes me suspicious.

Am I wrong to feel that way?

Tom
Posted By: chestnutmare

Re: Opinion Wanted - Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:25 AM

New Covenant theology Tom. The text below the video says it is. Are you wrong to feel that way? Why would you be? Just walk away from it.
Posted By: Pilgrim

Re: Opinion Wanted - Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:40 AM

He's a proponent of NCT (New Covenant Theology), which among myriad errors bifurcates the holiness of God the Father and the moral law with God the Son who likewise is perfectly holy and the law which HE (the Son) gave on Mt. Sinai (cf. Heb 12:18-29). The Father and the Son are ONE; never in opposition nor contradiction. The Moral Law of God is of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.... for there is but ONE lawgiver... (Jam. 4:12).
Posted By: Tom

Re: Opinion Wanted - Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:57 AM

Thanks Chestnutmare and Pilgrim

I had not noticed the part about NCT and as far as I am concerned, that is enough for not needing to know anything else. By the way, in case you did not know I hold to Baptist Federalism.

Tom
© 2020 The Highway