Donations for the month of February

We have received a total of "$0" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Forum Search
Member Spotlight
Anthony C.
Anthony C.
NJ/PA
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,722
Posts54,522
Members974
Most Online732
Jan 15th, 2023
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,354
Tom 4,404
chestnutmare 3,263
J_Edwards 2,615
Wes 1,856
John_C 1,854
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 14
Recent Posts
Scott Hahn Conversion
by Pilgrim - Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:00 PM
“The Law of the Spirit of Life”
by NetChaplain - Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:12 AM
The Doctrine of the Atonement - Gresham Machen
by Pilgrim - Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:45 AM
False Accusation of Anti-Semiticism
by Pilgrim - Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:21 PM
Left Wing News trying to Blackmail RW News
by Tom - Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:27 PM
Transformation
by NetChaplain - Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:29 PM
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Open Forum Jump to new posts
Re: Scott Hahn Conversion Pilgrim Yesterday at 02:00 AM
nope Visit his website and you will see that he is still a Roman Catholic. https://www.scotthahn.com/
1 40 Read More
Devotional Jump to new posts
“The Law of the Spirit of Life” NetChaplain Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:12 PM
That the will of God, where it is expressed in the Word of God, ought to govern every Christian, every true believer will admit. But the Word of God is wiser than men; never does it set the believer under the law since the death of Christ. It was a “schoolmaster” until the Cross (schoolmaster showed the way to Christ but could not deliver - Gal 3:24, 25, they were just “forgiven” by the sacrificial ordinance—NC). The Word speaks of commandments, and they are not painful to the growing believer (1Jo 5:3). But it never places him under the law; that Word comes from a God who knows the heart of man, and who knows what is necessary for him and what is injurious to him or impossible. The law is to convince him of sin.

The Father knows, and the man who is taught of the Spirit knows and is familiar with his own heart and knows that the law—all law—is a ministry of death and condemnation; and that it could not be anything else. He knows that as man is set, in any degree whatever under a law, you must either condemn him or enfeeble the obligation of the law. In a word, men do not understand the mind of God about the law. They speak vaguely of a notion of obligation to law, of being bound by the law. But if they are bound by the law, assuredly even Christians have not kept it in fact, though their nature loves it (it being God’s Word—NC), and love is an accomplishing of it.

Now, if they have not kept the law (since they have not kept the law—NC), and yet are bound by it, they are condemned; the law drives them even as Christians (it wasn’t until 30 years after Christ’s resurrection before they realized the law is not compatible with the Gospel of Christ—NC), from the presence of God. If you are bound by the law, and have failed in your obligation—which is just the truth, either the obligation must be weakened and destroyed (in the case of Christ sacrifice—NC), or you must perish. The only obligation which the law knows is to keep it or be lost—nothing else. The law knows nothing of grace, and it ought to know nothing of it. You, believer, have not kept the law (requires a sinless nature, obedience without sin in the soul—NC). Are you under the obligation of doing so? In order to escape, the obligation must be blotted out. Such is the inconsistent conclusion of those who place the believer in subjection to the law!

Faith in God alone maintains the authority of the law (keeps it nullified for believers in Christ—NC)—and for this reason: I own myself lost if I am under law, and I see that Christ has undergone its curse, and has placed me in a new position which reunites two things; perfect righteousness before God, because it is the righteousness of God, accomplished in Christ; and life, the participation of the divine nature (2Pe 1:4), according to the power of resurrection.

I cannot have two husbands, the two obligations, at the same time—the law and Christ (law could only “bring us unto Christ” but not deliver - Gal 3:24—NC). In Christ I am dead to the law, and live unto God. Now the law has authority, and binds as long as we live; but having died (crucified with Christ) I am delivered from the law, in order that I should belong to another—such is the positive language of the Word—to Him that is raised from the dead, that I should bring forth fruit unto God. If you are bound by the law, the law will maintain its authority and its obligation with rigor; it ought to do this, and it will condemn you as sure as you commit sin (the value of the law was to inform man of his sin - Jhn 15:22, 24; 9:41, and what to do about it; this is true love—NC).

If I have died with Christ, the law has no more authority over me, for it does not pass over that barrier. I belong to Another. I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. “I have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer I that live, but Christ liveth in me” (Gal 2:20). He was under the law while He lived here; but risen, He is no longer so. Now the commandments, whether we say of God or of Christ, have another character for the Christian.

All that Christ has said, all the His apostles have said and all the things in which the OT enlightens us upon His will, direct and govern the life that we already possess and have the authority of the Word of God, that is of God Himself over the soul. I have the life; the words of Christ, His commandments (love as I have loved you—NC) are the expression of this life in Him, its fruits in all respects according to the perfection and the will of God Himself, and the direction of this life in me.

I walk, following then according to the thoughts and intents of my Father and His blessed will; it is the law of liberty (God’s Word, esp. the Gospel of Christ—NC), because I possess already the life. “For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death” (Ro 8:2). If people really felt what the law is, they would know that upon that ground they are lost, because the law has not lost its strength (1Co 15:56), and it is always and everywhere a ministry of condemnation and death (Though the law obeyed, yet its adherers are still unchanged sinners; we’re to remember that forgiveness came from the sacrificial ordinances, and not from the obedience—NC). Not that we would make such a thing of reproach (because “all have sinned”—NC); for many dear souls were found under the law (Jews—NC)—not, of course, according to God’s will, but through their own want of faith, and through bad teaching (the Law is no more—NC).

We cannot be too watchful for our growth; we are sanctified unto obedience (sanctification sets apart and obedience shows it—NC). The independence of the will is the principle of sin; but the law is not the means of arriving at holiness (forgiveness only is not holiness – Num 15:25, which requires the Son and Spirit—NC). It does not give a new will, nor strength when we have one. Those who are on the principle of the works of the law (which are good but not perfectly obeyed—NC) are still “under the curse” (Gal 3:10). It is to ignore what the heart of man is, to suppose that he can be under a law coming from God and live (laws are only to show condemnation, which answers to why they are for the “unholy” - 1Ti 1:9; the Jew was “forgiven” only by the sacrificial ordinance, and obedience shows gratitude and love—NC).

The Word of God is clear as day that, unless one be condemned, there is no such thing as having to do with the law without weakening its obligation, and it penalties. Grace alone maintains it authority. If I place myself under a mixture of law and grace, I ought to beseech God (like the people with Moses) to hide from me His glory as an unbearable thing; whereas, when I see that glory in the face of the glorified Lord Jesus, by the Spirit’s ministry, I can contemplate this glory with unveiled face, and be “changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord” (2Co 3:18).

—J N Darby

MJS devotional excerpt for Feb 1

“Immaturity is selfish; maturity is selfless. “He must increase, but I must decrease” (John 3:30). “The question for the tried and tempted, the harassed and oppressed, is this: ‘Which would you rather have, the power of Christ’s hand in deliverance from trial, or the sympathy of His heart in the midst of trial?’ The carnal mind, the unsubdued heart, the restless spirit, will, no doubt, at once exclaim, ‘Oh! let Him only put forth His power and deliver me from this insupportable trial, this intolerable burden, this crushing difficulty. I sigh for deliverance. I only want deliverance.” –Miles Stanford

“But the spiritual mind, the subdued heart, the lowly spirit, will say, and that without a single particle of reserve, ‘Let me only enjoy the sweet company of the heart of the Lord Jesus Christ in my trial, and I ask no more. I do not want even the power of His hand to deprive me of one drop of consolation supplied by the tender love and profound sympathy of His heart. I know He can deliver me, but if He does not see fit to do so, if it does not fall in with His unsearchable counsels, and harmonize with His wise and faithful purpose concerning me so to do, I know it is only to lead me into a deeper and richer realization of His most precious sympathy.” —Charles Henry Mackintosh (1820-1896)
http://www.abideabove.com/hungry-heart/
0 21 Read More
What's New on The Highway website? Jump to new posts
The Doctrine of the Atonement - Gresham Machen Pilgrim Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:45 AM
The reason this month's article appears as the Article of the Month is quite simple. A personal conversation with two individuals made clear once again that there are myriads of people who profess to "know Christ" and are Christians but who have little knowledge of why they profess to be saved. In fact, as is the case without exception, they not only did not believe in the biblical teaching(s) concerning the doctrine of salvation but tried to give arguments against it. You may certainly be justified in thinking that this is rather illogical to claim to be a Christian but not believe what the Bible teaches of how one becomes a Christian or even what a Christian is, all the while insisting that they embrace what the Bible teaches. Unfortunately, this is more than typical. The overwhelming majority of professing Christians, in my personal opinion, here in America and Canada are yet dead in sins; unregenerate and know not the truth of what God teaches concerning the atonement in His Word.

Okay, so this article consists of two necessary parts, albeit in summary form, concerning the atonement. In theological terms, Dr. Machen addresses 1) the passive obedience of Christ, i.e., His death and 2) His active obedience, i.e., His perfect righteousness which is imputed to believers. He also reminds us as the late John Murray emphasized, the death of Christ was "antecedently, absolutely necessary" in order to save even one sinner. Put another way, no one could be saved; reconciled to God due to the payment of satisfaction made in any other way than by the Son of God becoming man and dying on the cross as the sinner's substitute.

The format of the article is the transcription of Gresham Machen's radio broadcasts rather than that of a lecture. Thus, they are much like how a father would converse with his children. Methinks you will all find the article endearing. grin

For immediate reading, just click the following link: The Doctrine of the Atonement.

For later reading at a more convenient time, go to the-highway.com/ and click on the "Article of the Month" logo. There you will find this month's article and all past articles which have appeared throughout the years on The Highway.

In His service and grace,
0 32 Read More
Re: False Accusation of Anti-Semiticism Pilgrim Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:21 PM
We had this issue crop up here by a member (ex) who made this claim. He held to Messianic Judaism. He was shown from Scripture and from the writings of well known Amillennialists that anti-Semitism was NOT an inherent view within Amillennialism. The promises to Israel, e.g., the land was fulfilled and not something that is future (cf. Prophesy and the Israeli State). Secondly, Israel as is the truth in most of the OT, was a "shadow/type" of God's actual eternal counsel to bring salvation to the world; Jew and Gentile. And thus two are now one (Eph 2:11-18). The spiritual fulfillment is now being done and will continue until Christ returns.

Romans 9:6-8 (ASV) 6 But [it is] not as though the word of God hath come to nought. For they are not all Israel, that are of Israel: 7 neither, because they are Abraham's seed, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. 8 That is, it is not the children of the flesh that are children of God; but the children of the promise are reckoned for a seed.
The "church in the wilderness" (Acts 7:38); Israel was joined with the Gentiles at the crucifixion thus making the full Church (Rom 11:22-27). Jews no less than Gentiles are by nature "children of wrath" (Eph 2:3) and will ultimately perish unless God in His mercy calls them efficaciously through the Word to be reconciled in the Lord Christ... no exceptions. Only those who have been called and received justification through faith are the "children and sons of God" (Eph 1:5; Gal 4:5; 1Jh 3:5). Nationality has no merit nor advantage. NO ONE has any privilege whatsoever with God (Jh 1:12,13). Nicodemus, a devout Jew had to be "born again, anew, from above) else he would never enter the kingdom of God (Jh 3:1-21). This is not some alleged anti-Semitic teaching, but God's truth contained clearly in the Word.
1 62 Read More
Re: Left Wing News trying to Blackmail RW News Tom Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:27 AM
Pilgrim
First of all, thank you for caring enough about me, to be honest.
Second however, I think you are jumping to unnecessarily conclusions here; but perhaps that is my fault?
1. And why is it that you know so many "professing" Christians who lack even basic discernment, which Jesus promised would be given when the Spirit came?
First of all, some of these people are in my own family, who they do not mind giving their opinion. However, if you respond back honestly, they do not like it. Personally speaking I am getting tired of these people; especially those who I cannot avoid.
Secondly others are because I make it a practice as we are encouraged to do. To get to know the people in our local Church.
Thirdly, and this is something that I need to do less of; is not to be too involved in Reformed Christian blogs. I should know by now that many of these are a waste of time and energy.

2. The Church's responsibility is #1 to feed the flock/sheep through the preaching and teaching of the Word of God and not preach politics. If elders desire to keep member's informed of contemporary politics it should be done apart from the formal preaching and teaching. Scripture is sufficient to address all matters of faith and life; doctrine and sanctification. From the Scriptures God leads all those who are His and gives them knowledge, wisdom and discernment.
I agree with you that it is the Church’s responsibility to feed the flock/sheep through the teaching of the Word of God. However, I believe the Word of God covers politics as well. In fact the Word of God shows God’s sovereignty over all life.
When it comes to specifically how to do that, as I said to my elder.
Not necessarily on Sunday morning, rather other times, such as a few conferences on the issues of our day. (That is just an idea)
An example of something I am talking about here, is during a Bible study, one person spoke up and said:
Doesn’t Romans 13, say that the government has the authority to tell the Church what they can and cannot do during the pandemic?
One elder was there when the person said that, and although I wanted to say something, I bit my lip hoping he would address it. However, nobody said a word.
I got the feeling, that had I spoken up, it would not have been received well. However, I am almost ashamed I did not.
3. My advice, which has been given to you myriad times is: make good use of the time which God has provided and not waste it trying to get entangled in useless disputes with those who have no 'ears to hear or a mind to comprehend" the truth. Tend first to yourself that you are not led astray as multitudes are doing. You are responsible for yourself to walk the narrow path which alone is true life and abundantly given to all who seek it. Learn when to fight and when to flee and separate yourself from those of this world regardless who they are, else you will surely be compromised and eventually fall away.
While I agree that it is very important that I make certain, I deal with my own life before I can correct error in other people’s life. Which is something that I try to remember as I talk about such issues.
Never the less, although it takes wisdom in knowing how and when to do so. I also believe that as a member of a Church, who is accountable to the Church. If I do not speak my mind, when I believe I need to, I am not loving them.
In this particular case, I am trying to make an elder aware of an issue, in the hope that he will at least consider it and take it to the other elders for consideration.
What I am saying here, is really not anything I think he wouldn’t agree with me on.
How can I say that? Mainly because this particular elder and I have talked about a few books in the past written by my pastor’s uncle; whose name is Erwin Lutzer. His latest book is called ‘No Reason to Hide’ and it deals a lot with how Churches and Christians can respond biblically.
This elder (who is my Bible Study leader) enjoyed reading at least two books written by Erwin Lutzer. We have also talked in the past about Samuel Waldron; who seems to agree with Erwin Lutzer on these kinds of things.

I hope that gives you a little more context.

Tom
4 192 Read More
Re: Transformation NetChaplain Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:29 PM
Amen, the eternal indwelling of the Spirit of God, even in heaven (Rev 22:17)!
2 358 Read More
The Blessings of Our Trials NetChaplain Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:04 PM
Does everything at times seem to go awry? You can be sure it’s just the “old man”! There’s nothing you know you did intentionally wrong but for some reason the bottom has dropped out, and for now your left feeling empty, with no desire for anything—even eating; and this uneasiness is something that feels like nothing else!

For the believer, it’s just a test for exercising your faith in Christ, that all is still “well with your soul,” and so now you just have to ride it out until it passes. By riding it out I mean putting it all on the Father and continue trusting that He is still using everything for “our good” (Ro 8:28), and that He hasn’t changed His mind concerning anything!

Again, it’s just another trial that you’re going through, which is part of all our trials that God uses to teach and guide us as to how bad the severity of our old man (sin nature) can be, which reveals the purity and holiness of how God’s nature is. One of many promises is certain, and that is that “God is faithful, Who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it” (1Co 10:13).

God’s means of “making a way” in order to endure it is wrapped up in 1Peter 5:7, which says “Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you.” “All our care,” not cares, but as in a single package—the good and the bad. This is exactly what our trials are for, always entrusting God with everything. He knows all we want is to please Him and He makes certain of that (Phl 2:13). Thus three is nothing which we are to be “troubled” over (Jn 14:1, 27).

We can take our trials as tokens of glorifying God, showing Him that as nothing changes with His love for us, neither does ours when encountering the hardness we must endure for Him!

“Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh” (Pro 3:25).

With Much Love and Exhortation

NC
0 59 Read More
Re: Christian Political Broadcast Tom Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:33 PM
I was hoping to get feedback on this. Mainly because I believe it shows that there actually are Christian Politicians with backbone.
He knows that when anyone with a Political Christian World view, they run the risk of being persecuted and in some cases; as he gives examples, be jailed.

I am from Canada and it is no different here.

Tom
1 322 Read More
Re: Civil Government and the 1647 Westminster Confession Tom Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:29 AM
Thanks
2 258 Read More
Global Warming FIXED! Pilgrim Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:57 PM
[Linked Image]
0 94 Read More
Concentrated Growth Truths NetChaplain Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:45 PM
As a person, my Father conceived me in His heart of love back in the eternal counsels of the Trinity. “According as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love; having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will” (Eph 1:4, 5).

God chose to introduce me into this world via the fallen Adam, from whom I received a sinful life and nature. Other terms for that condemned life are; old man, flesh, Adamic nature, old nature, indwelling sin, old life and principal of sin (Rom 5:17; 1Co 15:22).

Now a believer, the same person but recreated, reborn into the Lord Jesus, I have been positionally stripped of, and separated from, that sinful Adamic life via my identification with the Lord Jesus in His death unto sin at Calvary. Still the same identity conceived in eternity, but now relieved judicially of all the old life received from Adam, I am a totally new creation in the risen Lord Jesus Christ (2Co 5:17; Col 3:3).

I am now in living union with the risen and ascended Lord Jesus Christ—His divine human life has become my new Life (Col 3:4; 2Pe 1:4). I am now one spirit with Him (1Co 6:17). He is my Head; I am a member of His Body (Col 2:19; Eph 1:22, 23). The Lord Jesus is the True Vine; I am a living branch in the Vine (Jn 15:5).
My heavenly Father is the Vinedresser (Jn 15:1).

Until I see clearly that I have been cut off from the Admic life in my death unto sin at the Cross (Ro 6:6; Gal 2:20; Gal 2:20), I will not fully enough realize that I am now a new creation in Christ risen (Col 1:21, 22).

When I do understand that I have been separated from the old life and united to the new, I am able to say concerning any action of the old man, "But now, it is no longer I (new man) who do it, but sin that dwells in me” (Ro 7:17, 20). As a new creation in the Lord Jesus, I am no longer responsible (not accountable, God knows all we want is to “please Him” – Phl 2:13—NC) for the presence of indwelling sin (Ro 8:9).

I am very much responsible however, to reject and not to yield to the demands of the sinful indwelling Adamic life (Ro 6:13; 12:1), and thus be progressively conformed to the image of the Lord Jesus (Ro 8:29;
2Co 3:18). No improvement for the condemned old (Ro 8:3, 7), just growth in the accepted new in which I am already complete (Eph 1:6; Col 2:10).

This faith responsibility is based upon my walking in, depending upon the Holy Spirit to minister and develop that life in my spirit (Jn 16:14; Gal 5:16, 23; 2Co 3:18; 4:11).

Now, where am I? I am in the Lord Jesus Christ where He is (Eph 2:5, 6; Col 3:3, 4). He is in my spirit, by the indwelling Holy Spirit (Col 1:27). I know that I am united to Him in newness of life (Ro 6:4; Eph 1:3); and that as such I am positionaly separated from the sinful Adamic life within (Col 2:6-13). My faith in these truths is governed by Romans 6:11.

If and When I allow myself, or even choose to drift back under the reign of the old Adam life (Ro 6:12, 13), the sin of doing so and the resultant sins are to be conscientiously confessed. Thus my fellowship with the Father and the Son is restored (1Jn 1:9).

Coupled with the Spirit’s daily processing, I am to depend upon Him to keep me aware of the wonderful fact that I am not in the old life—the Cross has made the complete and eternal separation by means of death. I am nowhere else but in the risen and ascended Lord Jesus (1Co 1:30).

Day by day the Holy Spirit faithfully maintains the “not I, but Christ” Life within. He cuts down the old life by means of the finished work of the Cross, and builds up the new life from it source, the Lord Jesus Christ (Ro 8:10; 2Co 4:11).

There need be no struggle to “put off the old” (Eph 4:22; Col 3:9); no effort to “put on the new” (Eph 4:24; Col 3:10 – no struggle nor effort because it’s a one-time action that we maintain continuously—NC). Rather, I am to exercise faith if the finished fact of the Cross (Rom 6:6; 8:9), as well as the completed fact of my resurrection and ascension in the Lord Jesus at the Father’s right hand in the Holiest of All (Eph 2:5, 6; Col 3:1-3).

Abiding in the Lord Jesus, I rest in Him where He is (Col 1:12). His acceptance by the Father is mine (Eph 2:13); His access to the Father is mine (Eph 2:18). In the Lord Jesus who is my very Life (Col 3:4), I am there (Heb 10:19-22). In Him there, I rest, fellowship and worship; in me here, He lives and serves (Col 2:9-13; Phl 2:13).

—Miles J Stanford

MJS daily devotional excerpt for Jan 11

“We are not to overcome the lusts of the flesh in order that we may walk in the Spirit. We are to walk in the Spirit in order that the lusts of the flesh may be overcome. The enemy can hold up young Christians on this point for a long time, so that they do not really get started on the Christian walk. They feel they cannot expect to begin to walk in the Spirit until they have, in some degree at least, dealt with the lusts of the flesh.

“They wait for some vague time when they hope they will have reached a more satisfactory position in regard to the lusts of the flesh, and will feel more confident about attempting a walk in the Spirit. But that is all the wrong way around. If we are to wait until we have, in some degree, mastered the lusts of the flesh before we venture to walk in the Spirit: if we are to wait until we feel that we can give some sort of security to ourselves and to God that we shall do a bit better in the future than we have done in the past, then we never will walk in the Spirit. For until we walk in dependence upon the Spirit we shall not, and cannot, overcome the lusts of the flesh.” -D.T.
http://www.abideabove.com/hungry-heart/day/2023/01/12/
0 91 Read More
Border Crossing Tom Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:50 PM
I have a question about something I am wrestling through.

As you know non-Americans can not enter into the States unless they are vaccinated.

I however, know more and more unvaccinated pastors and Christians, that try to go across the border
regardless. Sometimes successfully, sometimes not.
They reason that we as believers do not need to follow unjust laws.

I am not sure that I agree with them and although I would like to go into the States, I believe I would be sinning
If I tried.
Am I wrong to have that conviction?

Tom
0 109 Read More
Quotes Jump to new posts
Particular Redemption chestnutmare Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:17 PM
We hold — we are not afraid to say that we believe — that Christ came into this world with the intention of saving 'a multitude which no man can number;' and we believe that as the result of this, every person for whom He died must, beyond the shadow of a doubt, be cleansed from sin, and stand, washed in blood, before the Father's throne. We do not believe that Christ made any effectual atonement for those who are for ever damned; we dare not think that the blood of Christ was ever shed with the intention of saving those whom God foreknew never could be saved, and some of whom were even in Hell when Christ, according to some men's account, died to save them.

~ Charles Spurgeon
0 86 Read More
Re: Alberta Sentences Unvaccinated Transplant Patients to Death Anthony C. Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:57 PM
In what might be the most unforgivable action to date, more than one thousand universities forced healthy college students to receive experimental vaccines for a disease that poses miniscule risk to young people. That went well beyond forced testing of students—what the cdc itself had already declared “illegal and unethical” in its now-removed post of October 13, 2020.* Then, in a frightening illustration of the unethical extensions of science denial, several top academic medical centers—Duke, Johns Hopkins, Stanford—ran a clinical trial injecting the financial sponsor’s covid vaccines into healthy infants and toddlers for an illness from which those subjects have miniscule risk for serious consequence. The researchers justified the drug’s success on indirect evidence of serum antibodies, rather than true clinical protection, because it prevented infection in only 37 to 51 percent, and because no subject, not even in the placebo group, had serious illness or death.

In Kafkaesque fashion, the America’s fda granted an emergency use authorization, or eua, on December 8, 2022, at a time when there is not a public health emergency from covid for children. Do most Americans realize that dating back to 2021, several other countries did not recommend, and some even forbade, covid vaccines in children without underlying illnesses—Finland, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, and others? Has the United States become a society that wants to use children as shields by injecting them with experimental drugs? It is not an overstatement to suggest that university scientists today have become this century’s Flat Earthers, but with an added dose of serious ethical and moral failure.

Finally, many elite American universities disqualified themselves on the most basic requirements of conduct for being trusted with our nation’s most precious assets—the minds of our younger generation. Professors engaged in censure, bullying, and character assassination to win arguments by comparing scientifically valid ideas, all of which have been proven correct, including targeted protection, to “eugenics” and the “Tuskegee syphilis experiments.” While this is not the first episode in American history to remind us of Joseph Welch’s famous lament “Have you no sense of decency?”, to many it illustrates today’s most disturbing deficit in our country—a lack of simple civility to others.

Nelson Mandela observed “There can be no keener revelation of a society’s soul than the way in which it treats its children.” America failed the test. From school closures to the reprehensible injection of experimental drugs into our own children as shields for adults, the heinous legacy of all who recommended and implemented those policies is serious physical and psychological damage to our children, especially the poor, the totality of which will not be known for decades. We urgently need to restore moral leadership of our nation’s institutions across the board, or the free and ethical society ideal of the United States has lost its legitimacy.
- Sins against children by Scott W. Atlas, The New Criterion https://newcriterion.com/blogs/dispatch/sins-against-children

* “It is unethical and illegal to test someone who does not want to be tested, including students whose parents or guardians do not want them to be tested,” the CDC said.” https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/15/cdc-mandatory-school-testing-429667
50 9,575 Read More
Re: The Puritans were zealous not only to learn the Bible but to live the Bible chestnutmare Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:37 PM
Much of Peter’s growth is no doubt due to the extraordinary teaching of Jesus during the forty days between His resurrection and ascension. But even more of this growth can be attributed to the enlightening power of the Holy Spirit, which has just filled Peter. Christ had promised the disciples that the Comforter would bring all things to their remembrance and teach them all things and guide them into all truth. These promises are obviously being fulfilled in Peter’s sermon. Twelve of twenty-two verses are quotations from the Psalms and the Prophets. Peter experienced what all believers experience in times of the Spirit’s enlightenment: the Spirit bears witness to the Word. Scripture testifies, “He sent his word, and healed them” (Ps. 107:20). The conclusion is obvious: We do not need man-centered gimmicks to produce revival; we need the Word of truth and the Spirit of truth working together. Peter began his sermon with the Word and ended with the Word. Everything he said was biblical. In true preaching, law and gospel are the substance; the Word of God, the instrument; the Spirit of God, the power; the salvation of God, the result; and the glory of God, the end. Did you notice how Christ-centered Peter’s preaching is? Revival preaching is preaching of the Lord Jesus. In revival preaching, fallow ground must be broken up, the law must be proclaimed, and the tragedy of our fall in Adam must be exposed. The necessity of regeneration must be clearly taught, and people must be commanded to repent and believe the gospel, but the heart of all revival preaching is the preaching of the Lord Jesus Christ and the blessed message of redemption. No other name but Christ has the power to set men free. Let us pray, “Oh, Holy Spirit, we beseech Thee, open our eyes that we may see the face of Christ reflected in every Scripture! Help us to see Him as in a mirror, now darkly, but one day face-to-face! Note, too, that Peter preaches the whole counsel of God. He preaches Christ’s death and resurrection for lost sinners through forgiveness and the Holy Spirit. He calls for faith and repentance, based on the testimony of the prophets and the apostles. We must never shortchange the biblical gospel by preaching the New Testament without the Old, by proclaiming the cross without the resurrection, by offering forgiveness without the Spirit, or by calling for faith without repentance. Authentic revival is inseparable from a faithful proclamation of the whole counsel of God revealed in both the Old and New Testaments. The church of God depends on the Word that the Holy Spirit has put into its hand and heart. Truth leads the way to the church’s restoration and revival. In revival, people are made willing to live and die for the truth. Do you search the Word and love the truth? Do you strive, in dependency on the Spirit, to live that truth?

~ Joel Beeke [Puritan Reformed Theology]
1 201 Read More
Spirit-worked revival is always accompanied by saving faith chestnutmare Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:30 PM
Finally, Spirit-worked revival is always accompanied by saving faith. This is abundantly illustrated on Pentecost (Acts 2:41, 44), in the church’s growth in the early chapters of Acts, and throughout the history of revival. Wherever we turn in Scripture, God’s people triumph whenever they are given great exploits. They triumph because they believe the promises of God revealed in the gospel. Hebrews 11:33 tells us, “Faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions.” Our attitude to revival must not be passive or faint. We must storm the mercy seat, pleading God’s promises, and trusting Him who is able to fill the earth with the knowledge of Himself. In the weeks after Pentecost, when the apostles were persecuted and forbidden to preach the name of Christ, they went forward by faith. Let us pray much for the power of faith that lays hold of the promises of God in prayer. John Bunyan beautifully illustrates this in The Pilgrim’s Progress, when Christian and Hopeful fall asleep on the grounds of Giant Despair and are taken in chains into Doubting Castle. In that miserable hole, they are terrified by the Giant as he shows them the bones of various pilgrims he has smashed and broken in pieces. “So it shall be with you,” he says. Christian and Hopeful are terrified, Bunyan says, until Saturday night, when they begin to pray. They continue to pray through the night. Finally, at dawn, Christian suddenly stands up and says to Hopeful, “What a fool am I, thus to lie in a stinking dungeon, when I may as well walk at liberty? I have a key in my bosom, called Promise, that will, I am persuaded, open any lock in Doubting-Castle. Then said Hopeful, That’s good news, good brother, pluck it out of thy bosom and try.”15 And so they did. Prayer, which preceded the promise, enabled them to take hold of the promise, so that, almost before they knew it, the pilgrims were loosed from their chains and brought through the grim doors of the castle to freedom. So it is with the church. We are helpless and bereft of strength, but God has commanded us to pray in faith. He has told us that we shall not seek His face in vain. When the church truly prays, it is clothed with the Spirit’s fire from heaven.

~ Joel Beeke
0 97 Read More
Re: Jordan Peterson Censored Tom Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:51 AM
Here is another link on this.

https://www.rebelnews.com/psycholog...utm_medium=email&utm_source=therebel

If you are a professional such as what Jordan Peterson is. If you have contrary political opinion to that of the ruling Liberal Party and like Jordan Peterson did, quote a political leader such as the leader of the Conservative Party. You may lose you credentials; to be able to do your job.
Trudeau's Liberals are totally against Free-Speech and apparently have many organizations in their back pockets, to try to silence all opposing views.

I have seen exactly where this is coming from. Leaders of the WEF, have actually said it is important to make certain their agenda is fulfilled and opposing views not tolerated. This effects health care; in that only those who are compliant if they get their way, will get the health care they need.

Please understand, that even as I write this. I want to state openly that God is in control and our confidence needs to be in Christ alone and we need to in the words of Romans 12:2 "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." KJV

Tom
1 386 Read More
WEF News Tom Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:41 AM
I watched a short video by Rebel News, that although it no longer surprises me. Never the less, it is shocking to see just how many are willing to give up their freedoms, for the agenda of the WEF and globalism.

https://www.rebelnews.com/announcin...utm_medium=email&utm_source=therebel

Tom
0 116 Read More
“Conscience of Sins” NetChaplain Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:04 PM
The goal of the Father for believers concerning sanctification is that they would have “no more conscience of sins” (Heb 10:2). Saints need not to contemplate their sins since they have been completely and permanently cleared of all the guilt of all their sins—“once for all” (Heb 10:10, 12, 14; 9:12, 28)!

“Because the worshippers, once purged, would have had no more conscience of sins” intends the design that we are not to allow a guilty conscience because of our sins (unless one thinks Christ’s expiation was insufficient to procure all sin), to manifest the impact of being always forgiven, and thus never needing to wallow in the mire of guilt! We can be aware of our sins only enough to identify them and remember the Lord’s expiation for them. There can be a short season of guilt in a babe-in-Christ, but maturity affords the believer growth in Christ (Eph 4:15); and if we maintain any guilt concerning anything at all, we have yet to learn fully God’s forgiveness in Christ.

It is not humility that may keep one thoughtful of one’s sins, but ignorance of the truth that the believer in Christ is in unbroken forgiveness with God when living a life of confession and repentance of sins; and know, it isn’t our obedience, which shows our love for God (Jhn 14:21, 23) that forgiveness is secured, but forgiveness is established by faith in the expiation of Christ’s Cross.

This answers to the fact that we are to “lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us” in order that we might not be “troubled” and “overtaken” in much sadness of heart (Gen 4:13; Gal 6:1; Jhn 14:1, 27). Our sins be as they may, God has provided—through faith in Christ, confession and repentance—“a way of escape, that we may be able to bear it” (1Co 10:13); and all is accounted for concerning all our sins and His all-forging love.
NC

“Because the worshippers, once purged, would have had no more conscience of sins”; there are external and internal worshippers; the latter are such who worship God in Spirit and in truth: but here ceremonial worshippers are meant, who, if they had been really purged from sin by legal sacrifices, and purifications, would have had no more conscience of sins, and so have had no need to have repeated them; as such spiritual worshippers, who are once purged from sin by the Blood and sacrifice of Christ; not that they have no sin, or no sense of sin, or that their consciences are seared, or that they never accuse for sin, or that they are to make no confession and acknowledgment of sin; but that they are discharged from the guilt of sin, and are not liable to condemnation for it; and through the application of the Blood of Christ to them, have peace with God, and joy in the Holy Ghost.”

—John Gill
0 242 Read More
Concentrated Growth Truths NetChaplain Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:46 PM
As a person, my Father conceived me in His heart of love back in the eternal counsels of the Trinity. “According as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love; having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will” (Eph 1:4, 5).

God chose to introduce me into this world via the fallen Adam, from whom I received a sinful life and nature. Other terms for that condemned life are; old man, flesh, Adamic nature, old nature, indwelling sin, old life and principal of sin (Rom 5:17; 1Co 15:22).

Now a believer, the same person but recreated, reborn into the Lord Jesus, I have been positionally stripped of, and separated from, that sinful Adamic life via my identification with the Lord Jesus in His death unto sin at Calvary. Still the same identity conceived in eternity, but now relieved judicially of all the old life received from Adam, I am a totally new creation in the risen Lord Jesus Christ (2Co 5:17; Col 3:3).

I am now in living union with the risen and ascended Lord Jesus Christ—His divine human life has become my new Life (Col 3:4; 2Pe 1:4). I am now one spirit with Him (1Co 6:17). He is my Head; I am a member of His Body (Col 2:19; Eph 1:22, 23). The Lord Jesus is the True Vine; I am a living branch in the Vine (Jn 15:5). My heavenly Father is the Vinedresser (Jn 15:1).

Until I see clearly that I have been cut off from the Admic life in my death unto sin at the Cross (Ro 6:6; Gal 2:20; Gal 2:20), I will not fully enough realize that I am now a new creation in Christ risen (Col 1:21, 22).

When I do understand that I have been separated from the old life and united to the new, I am able to say concerning any action of the old man, "But now, it is no longer I (new man) who do it, but sin that dwells in me” (Ro 7:17, 20). As a new creation in the Lord Jesus, I am no longer responsible (not accountable, God knows all we want is to “please Him” – Phl 2:13—NC) for the presence of indwelling sin (Ro 8:9).

I am very much responsible however, to reject and not to yield to the demands of the sinful indwelling Adamic life (Ro 6:13; 12:1), and thus be progressively conformed to the image of the Lord Jesus (Ro 8:29; 2Co 3:18). No improvement for the condemned old (Ro 8:3, 7), just growth in the accepted new in which I am already complete (Eph 1:6; Col 2:10).

This faith responsibility is based upon my walking in, depending upon the Holy Spirit to minister and develop that life in my spirit (Jn 16:14; Gal 5:16, 23; 2Co 3:18; 4:11).

Now, where am I? I am in the Lord Jesus Christ where He is (Eph 2:5, 6; Col 3:3, 4). He is in my spirit, by the indwelling Holy Spirit (Col 1:27). I know that I am united to Him in newness of life (Ro 6:4; Eph 1:3); and that as such I am positionaly separated from the sinful Adamic life within (Col 2:6-13). My faith in these truths is governed by Romans 6:11.

If and When I allow myself, or even choose to drift back under the reign of the old Adam life (Ro 6:12, 13), the sin of doing so and the resultant sins are to be conscientiously confessed. Thus my fellowship with the Father and the Son is restored (1Jn 1:9).

Coupled with the Spirit’s daily processing, I am to depend upon Him to keep me aware of the wonderful fact that I am not in the old life—the Cross has made the complete and eternal separation by means of death. I am nowhere else but in the risen and ascended Lord Jesus (1Co 1:30).

Day by day the Holy Spirit faithfully maintains the “not I, but Christ” Life within. He cuts down the old life by means of the finished work of the Cross, and builds up the new life from it source, the Lord Jesus Christ (Ro 8:10; 2Co 4:11).

There need be no struggle to “put off the old” (Eph 4:22; Col 3:9); no effort to “put on the new” (Eph 4:24; Col 3:10 – no struggle nor effort because it’s a one-time action that we maintain continuously—NC). Rather, I am to exercise faith if the finished fact of the Cross (Rom 6:6; 8:9), as well as the completed fact of my resurrection and ascension in the Lord Jesus at the Father’s right hand in the Holiest of All (Eph 2:5, 6; Col 3:1-3).

Abiding in the Lord Jesus, I rest in Him where He is (Col 1:12). His acceptance by the Father is mine (Eph 2:13); His access to the Father is mine (Eph 2:18). In the Lord Jesus who is my very Life (Col 3:4), I am there (Heb 10:19-22). In Him there, I rest, fellowship and worship; in me here, He lives and serves (Col 2:9-13; Phl 2:13).

—Miles J Stanford

MJS daily devotional excerpt for Jan 11

“We are not to overcome the lusts of the flesh in order that we may walk in the Spirit. We are to walk in the Spirit in order that the lusts of the flesh may be overcome. The enemy can hold up young Christians on this point for a long time, so that they do not really get started on the Christian walk. They feel they cannot expect to begin to walk in the Spirit until they have, in some degree at least, dealt with the lusts of the flesh.

“They wait for some vague time when they hope they will have reached a more satisfactory position in regard to the lusts of the flesh, and will feel more confident about attempting a walk in the Spirit. But that is all the wrong way around. If we are to wait until we have, in some degree, mastered the lusts of the flesh before we venture to walk in the Spirit: if we are to wait until we feel that we can give some sort of security to ourselves and to God that we shall do a bit better in the future than we have done in the past, then we never will walk in the Spirit. For until we walk in dependence upon the Spirit we shall not, and cannot, overcome the lusts of the flesh.” -D.T.
http://www.abideabove.com/hungry-heart/day/2023/01/12/
0 84 Read More
Quotes Jump to new posts
Re: Wait for it because it will surely come chestnutmare Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:13 PM
We hence see the object of the Prophet; for he meant to express the greatest attention, as though he had said, that the faithful would ever wander in their thoughts, except they carefully concentrated both their eyes and their ears, and all their senses, on God, and continually restrained themselves, lest vagrant speculations or imaginations should lead them astray. And further, the Prophet teaches us, that we ought to have such reverence for God's word as to deem it sufficient for us to hear his voice. Let this, then, be our understanding, to obey God speaking to us, and reverently to embrace his word, so that he may deliver us from all troubles, and also keep our minds in peace and tranquillity.

God's speaking, then, is opposed to all the obstreperous clamours of Satan, which he never ceases to sound in our ears. For as soon as any temptation takes place, Satan suggests many things to us, and those of various kinds: "What will you do? what advice will you take? see whether God is propitious to you from whom you expect help. How can you dare to trust that God will assist you? How can he extricate you? What will be the issue?" As Satan then disturbs us in various ways, the Prophet shows that the word of God alone is sufficient for us all, then, who indulge themselves in their own counsels, deserve to be forsaken by God, and to be left by him to be driven up and down, and here and there, by Satan; for the only unfailing security for the faithful is to acquiesce in God's word.

But this appears still more clear from what is expressed at the close of the verse, when the Prophet adds, and what I may answer to the reproof given me; for he shows that he would be furnished with the best weapons to sustain and repel all assaults, provided he patiently attended to God speaking to him, and fully embraced his word: "Then," he says, "I shall have what I may answer to all reproofs, when the Lord shall speak to me". By "reproofs," he means not only the blasphemies by which the wicked shake his faith, but also all those turbulent feelings by which Satan secretly labors to subvert his faith. For not only the ungodly deride us and mock at our simplicity, as though we presumptuously and foolishly trusted in God, and were thus over-credulous; but we also reprove ourselves inwardly, and disturb ourselves by various internal contentions; for whatever comes to our mind that is in opposition to God's word, is properly a chiding or a reproof, as it is the same thing as if one accused himself, as though he had not found God to be faithful. We now, then see that the word "reproof" extends farther than to those outward blasphemies by which the unbelieving are wont to assail the children of God; for, as we have already said, though no one attempted to try our faith, yet every one is a tempter to himself; for the devil never ceases to agitate our minds. When, therefore, the Prophet says, what I may answer to reproof, he means, that he would be sufficiently fortified against all the assaults of Satan, both secret and external, when he heard what God might say to him.

We may also gather from the whole verse, that we can form no judgement of God's providence, except by the light of celestial truth. It is hence no wonder that many fall away under trials, yea, almost the whole world; for few there are who ascend into the citadel of which the Prophet speaks, and who are willing to hear God speaking to them. Hence, presumption and arrogance blind the minds of men, so that they either speak evil of God who addresses them, or accuse fortune, or maintain that there is nothing certain: thus they murmur within themselves, and arrogate to themselves more than they ought, and never submit to God's word.

~ John Calvin
3 217 Read More
Quotes Jump to new posts
Moral honesty cannot be absent where true grace is present chestnutmare Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:30 PM
When thou sawest a thief, then thou consentedst with him." Moral honesty cannot be absent where true grace is present. Those who excuse others in trickery are guilty themselves; those who use others to do unjust actions for them are doubly so. If a man be ever so religious, if his own actions do not rebuke dishonesty, he is an accomplice with thieves. If we can acquiesce in anything which is not upright, we are not upright ourselves, and our religion is a lie. "And hast been partaker with adulterers." One by one the moral precepts are thus broken by the sinners in Zion. Under the cloak of piety, unclean livers conceal themselves. We may do this by smiling at unchaste jests, listening to indelicate expressions, and conniving at licentious behaviour in our presence; and if we thus act, how dare we preach, or lead public prayer, or wear the Christian name? See how the Lord lays righteousness to the plummet! How plainly all this declares that without holiness no man shall see the Lord! No amount of ceremonial or theological accuracy can cover dishonesty and fornication; these filthy things must be either purged from us by the blood of Jesus, or they will kindle a fire in God's anger which will burn even to the lowest hell.

~ C.H. Spurgeon
0 86 Read More
Quotes Jump to new posts
Profane professors chestnutmare Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:24 PM
But to the wicked God says: What right have you to declare My statutes, or take My covenant in your mouth, seeing you hate instruction and cast My words behind your back? Ps.50:16-17

Profane professors are often too wise to learn, too besotted with conceit to be taught of God. What a monstrosity that men should declare those statutes which with their hearts they do not know, and which in their lives they openly disavow! Woe unto the men who hate the instruction which they take upon themselves to give. "And castest my words behind thee." Despising them, throwing them away as worthless, putting them out of sight as obnoxious. Many boasters of the law did this practically; and in these last days there are pickers and choosers of God's words who cannot endure the practical part of Scripture; they are disgusted at duty, they abhor responsibility, they disembowel texts of their plain meanings, they wrest the Scriptures to their own destruction. It is an ill sign when a man dares not look a Scripture in the face, and an evidence of brazen impudence when he tries to make it mean something less condemnatory of his sins, and endeavors to prove it to be less sweeping in its demands. How powerful is the argument that such men have no right to take the covenant of God into their mouths, seeing that its spirit does not regulate their lives!

~ C.H. Spurgeon
0 93 Read More
Re: Eschatology Conversation Tom Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:10 AM
For those who are interested, I just received some further information from this person. I think some of it shows a bit more of where he is coming from.

If I am correct, he holds to NCT and judging from that. The last person I had contact with, that held to NCT I was left with a bitter taste in my mouth.

What do you think?

First of all, I’m not adispensationalist nor am I a covenant theologian. Those are not the only two systematic theologyies. Also, Calvinism has nothing to do with us. Also, the idea that has been around a long time that eschatology is not an essential is not something you will find in scripture. It is extremely important, because our Lord made it clear that it was. Now, the gospel is of FIRST importance, as Scripture explicitly says, but we have to remember what is included in the gospel. The essence of the gospel is the imputed righteousness of Jesus. But that is just the essence. There are many more aspects to the gospel, including the details surrounding his return. Remember: Jesus warned us in his Olivet discourse to know the details. He told us he was telling us in advance, so that we would not be in the dark when they begin to happen. It doesn’t matter what others say if Jesus has already told us what we must do. Now, I’m not suggesting that I don’t get any details incorrect or that other positions are damnable. I just don’t consider amillennialism to be a position at all for the reasons I have repeatedly said. There are many other positions which I find to be non-compelling, but at least they have an exegetical basis for them. I should also point out that the apostle Paul also said in second Thessalonians 3 Comma after he had written much on eschatology:

“If anyone does not obey what we say in this letter, take note of that person, and have nothing to do with him, that he may be ashamed. Do not regard him as an enemy, but warn him as a brother.” So, perhaps, you can see how it is that a person who totally disregards Eschatology Or writes it off as being merely symbolical or spiritual without finding its literal meaning in the Scriptures gets under my skin. We should be helping each other to understand what is written, not disregarded. Blessings

Tom
6 977 Read More
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 144 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
PaulWatkins, His Unworthy Son, Nahum, TheSojourner, Larry
974 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
February
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28
Today's Birthdays
reformedontheweb
Popular Topics(Views)
1,420,106 Gospel truth