Lastly, and doubtless I could include tomes more, there has been no sufficient answer that has come from the credobaptists re: their adamancy in not baptizing the infants of believers because of their "definition" (significance) of baptism where they maintain that it is "an outward sign of an inward reality". By that definition, EVERYONE who is baptized IS (of necessity MUST BE) saved. Otherwise the definition is senseless. The problem is further compounded as Baptists rightly admit that not everyone who is baptized is saved. Thus baptism CANNOT BE "an outward sign of an inward reality", for there are acknowledged instances where the recipient does not have the "reality" which the "sign" signifies.

Well, can we take a look at the same problem we encounter with Communion? Communion is for believers only, but, no matter how high we fence the table, there will be non-believers partaking of it somewhere. Why is baptism different? Should we open the table to all because a few unregenerate "slip in"? Of course not!

I do believe, by the way, that there is a major problem in the credobaptist church of today. Far too many non-Christians are being baptized and added to the church rolls. So I am not denying that at all.

True godliness is a sincere feeling which loves God as Father as much as it fears and reverences Him as Lord, embraces His righteousness, and dreads offending Him worse than death~ Calvin