Originally Posted by rstrats
Pilgrim,

In answer to your question I have to say that I don't know. Are you saying that all those organizations believe that the crucifixion took place on the 6th day of the week?
Yes, that is exactly what I am saying... i.e., what Dr. William Hendriksen wrote and which I quoted for you HERE and explained further in my subsequent replies is representative of historic Protestantism and held by all the framers of all the confessions and catechisms of the various denominations and churches which are part of the true Church. Jesus was buried on Friday and rose on Sunday. If that is what you are referring to as the "6th Day" view, then that is what is held to be true by them.

The disciples certainly held that view and that's one of the major reasons why they began meeting on Sunday, the first day of the week vs. Saturday which was the Jewish sabbath. THIS is what I believe is where you want to go with this, correct? You are trying to lay a foundation to justify Saturday as the 'true' Sabbath rather than Sunday, correct?

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]