Originally Posted by NetChaplain
Your question is valid considering the way it reads, but the author, like the writers of Scripture often utilize the method of "hyperbolic expression," a trait well known and understood by most Biblical commentators.
Thanks for taking the time to respond. 'Hyperbolic Expression' is sometimes used in communication by humans to make a point, but unfortunately, the hyperbole isn't the 'whole' truth. But what I find rather objectionable is that there is the appearance of justifying the phrase referred to (in the very presence of the Father) by making a comparison with the bolded type (emphasis mine) in the quote. The writers of Scripture wrote the words of the Spirit of God which are 'absolute truth', an expression made popular by Dr. Francis Schaeffer. In other words, there are no hyperbolic expressions in the Bible. Nothing in Scripture goes beyond truth which is impossible on its face. Context brings the proper understanding of God's written revelation which takes some effort at times (cf. 2Pet 3:16).

Originally Posted by NetChaplain
Concerning "personally commissioned by the Father directly," I take this to be in relation to one of the Lord Jesus' commands (Mar 16:15).
ALL 'commissions' to true believers, post resurrection, by God are done by the Holy Spirit and not the Father, albeit they are one in essence and purpose. Of course, the one exception was the Apostle Paul.

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]