Originally Posted by Pilgrim
Simply that all true believers who are, for example, called to the gospel ministry in some form, are done so by the Spirit of God working in that individual's mind and soul. This is not to be construed that God the Spirit actually speaks verbally and directly to that individual, but rather through guidance, the Scriptures and secondary means. (I'm a cessationist) Before Christ's resurrection, He commissioned His disciples personally. But thereafter, having promised to send them and all true believers "another comforter/advocate", i.e., the Holy Spirit who would dwell within them, it is He the Spirit who does that work. And, as I mentioned before an exception was the Apostle Paul (Gal 1:10-12; Acts 9:3-6).
I see, I thought you meant after our resurrection. I too, and most of Christendom are cessationists. Thanks, for the explanation and God bless!

The Christian life is not our living a life like Christ, or our trying to be Christ-like, nor is it Christ giving us the power to live a life like His; but it is Christ Himself living His own life through us; 'no longer I, but Christ.’” -MJS