Hello. I have a question/challenge to pose to those who believe in the five points of Calvinism: How do you reconcile your views with Revelation 22:19?

"And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book [some translations say "tree"] of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."

The reason I believe this presents problems for Calvinist doctrine should be obvious. Since everyone whose name is not written in the book of life is cast into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:15), this passage very clearly undercuts both unconditional election and perseverance of the saints. Some have told me that this passage is simply saying that a real Christian would never take anything out of God's word, but I do not believe that God speaks idle threats, vain testimonies, or warnings against things that could not occur.

Others have said that this applies only to unsaved individuals, but I must ask why their names are then written in the Lamb's book of life? For everyone who has the right to enter the holy city has their name written in the Lamb's book of life (see Revelation 21:27), so this would still contradict unconditional election.
I have even heard it said that the translation "tree of life" could affect the meaning of the passage, but the passage also states that God will take away ones' part from the holy city as well. Since only those whose names are in the Lamb's book of life can enter the holy city, then it stands to reason that a person who has been deprived of the right to enter New Jerusalem does not have his/her name written in the book of life. Your thoughts?<br><br> In Christ,<br> Josh