This month's article of the month comes from the pen of Martyn Lloyd-Jones:

Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 1:1

"As we approach this Epistle I confess freely that I do so with considerable temerity. It is very difficult to speak of it in a controlled manner because of its greatness and because of its sublimity. Many have tried to describe it. One writer has described it as ‘the crown and climax of Pauline theology’. Another has said that it is ‘the distilled essence of the Christian religion, the most authoritative and most consummate compendium of our holy Christian faith’. What language! And it is by no means exaggerated.

Far be it from me to try to compete with those who have thus described this Epistle, but it seems to me that any general description of it must take special note of certain words which are characteristic of it, and which the Apostle uses more frequently in it, perhaps, than in any other Epistle. The Apostle marvels at the mystery and the glories and the riches of God’s way of redemption in Christ. These are the words, as I shall show, which he uses very frequently — the glory of it all, the mystery and the riches of God’s way of redemption in Christ Jesus!"
This is a great article to start off the new year as it deals with the most fundamental yet scarcely comprehensible subject of God's infinite grace.

Read it here: Article of the Month... OR here: God's Ultimate Purpose

In His service and grace,

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]