Donations for the month of March

We have received a total of "0" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Forum Search
Member Spotlight
Pilgrim
Pilgrim
NH, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,781
Posts54,881
Members974
Most Online732
Jan 15th, 2023
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,447
Tom 4,516
chestnutmare 3,320
J_Edwards 2,615
John_C 1,865
Wes 1,856
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 4
John_C 1
Recent Posts
1 Cor. 6:9-11
by Pilgrim - Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:02 PM
Change in NRSVue text note on 1 John 5:7
by Pilgrim - Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:07 AM
Is the church in crisis
by John_C - Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:52 AM
Jordan Peterson ordered to take sensitivity training
by Tom - Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:00 PM
Should Creeds be read in Church?
by Pilgrim - Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:30 AM
Do Christians have Dual Personalities: Peace & Wretchedness?
by DiscipleEddie - Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:15 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Annie Oakley
OP Offline
Annie Oakley
"The GREAT MASTER GARDENER, the Father of our Lord jesus Christ, in a wonderful providence, with his own hand, planted me here, whee by his grace, in this part of his vineyard, I grow; and here I will abide till the great Master of the vineyard think fit to transplant me.

If your Lord call you to suffering, be not dismayed; there shall be a new allowance of the King for you when ye come to it. One of the softest pillows Christ hath is laid under his witnesses' head, though often they must set down their bare feet among thorns.

God hath called you to Christ's side, and the wind is now in Christ's face in this land; and seeing ye are with him, ye cannot expect the lee-side or the sunny side of the brae.

He delighteth to take up fallen bairns and to mend broken brows: binding up of wounds is his office.

Wants are my best riches, for I have these supplied by Christ.

I hope to over-hope and over-believe my troubles.

Annie Oakley
OP Offline
Annie Oakley
I think the sense of our wants, when withal we have a restlessness and a sort of spiritual impatience under them, and can make a din, because we ant him whom our soul loveth, is that which maketh and open door for Christ: and when we think we are going backward, because we feel deadness, we are going forward; for the more sense of more life, and no sense argueth no life.

Annie Oakley
OP Offline
Annie Oakley

There is no sweeter fellowship with Christ than to bring our wounds and our sores to him.

There is as much in our Lord's pantry as will satisfy all his bairns, and as much wine in his cellar as will quench all their thirst. Hunger on; for there is meat in hunger for Christ: go never from him, but ash him (who yet is pleased with the importunity of hungry souls) with a dishful of hungry desires, till he fill you; and if he delay yet come not yet away, albeit ye should fall a-swoon at his feet.

I find it most true, that the greatest temptation out of hell, is to live without temptations; if my waters should stand, they would rot. Faith is the better of the free air, and of the sharp winter storm in its face.

Grace withereth without adversity. The devil is but God's master fencer, to teach us to handle our weapons.

O, pity for evermore that there should be such an one as Christ Jesus, so boundless, so bottomless, and so incomparable in infinite excellency, and sweetness, and so few to take him! O, ye poor dry and dead souls, why will ye come hither with your toom vessels and your empty souls to this huge, and fair, and deep, and sweet well of life, and fill all your toom vessels O, that Christ should be so large in sweetness and worth, and we so narrow, pinched, so ebb, and so void of all happiness, and yet men will not take him! They lose their love miserably, who will not bestow it upon this lovely One.

*wants: desires
*bairn: child
*toom: empty

Annie Oakley
OP Offline
Annie Oakley
"I know all created power should sink under me if I should lean down upon it, and therefore it is better to res on God than sink of fall: and we weak should must have a bottom and being-place, for we cannot stand out alone. Let us then be is in our choice and choose and wail our own blessedness, which is to trust in the Lord."

Annie Oakley
OP Offline
Annie Oakley
They are not lost to you that are laid up in Christ's treasury in heaven. At the resurrection ye shall meet with them:; there they are, sent before but not sent away. Your Lord loveth you, who is homely to take and give, borrow and lend.

Annie Oakley
OP Offline
Annie Oakley
Ye will not get leave to steal quietly to heaven, in Christ's company, without a conflict and a cross.

Annie Oakley
OP Offline
Annie Oakley
I find crosses Christ's carved work that he marketh out for us, and that with crosses he figureth and portrayeth us to his own image, cutting away pieces of our ill and corruption. Lord cut, Lord carve, Lord wound, Lord do anything that may perfect thy Father's image in us, and make us meet for glory.

Annie Oakley
OP Offline
Annie Oakley
It is the Lord's kindness that he will take the scum off us in the fire. Who knows how needful winnowing is to us, and what dross we must want ere we enter into the kingdom of God? So narrow is the entry to heave, that our knots, our bunches and lumps of pride, and self-love, and idol-love, and world-love must be hammered off us, that we may throng in, stooping low, and creeping through that narrow and thorny entry.

Annie Oakley
OP Offline
Annie Oakley
O, what owe I to the file, to the hammer, to the furnace of my Lord Jesus!

Annie Oakley
OP Offline
Annie Oakley
Why should I start at the plough of my Lord, that maketh deep furrows on my soul? I know he is no idle husbandman, he purposeth a crop.

Annie Oakley
OP Offline
Annie Oakley
"It is not the sunny side of Christ that we must look to, and we must not forsake him for want of that; but must set our face against what may befall us, in following on till he and we be through the briers and bushes on the dry ground. Our soft nature would be borne through the troubles of this miserable life in Christ's arms. And it is his wisdom, who knoweth our mould, that his bairns go wet-shod and cold-footed to heaven."

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 84 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
PaulWatkins, His Unworthy Son, Nahum, TheSojourner, Larry
974 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
1,506,457 Gospel truth