Donations for the month of March

We have received a total of "0" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Forum Search
Member Spotlight
Tom
Tom
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,781
Posts54,881
Members974
Most Online732
Jan 15th, 2023
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,447
Tom 4,516
chestnutmare 3,320
J_Edwards 2,615
John_C 1,865
Wes 1,856
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 4
John_C 1
Recent Posts
1 Cor. 6:9-11
by Pilgrim - Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:02 PM
Change in NRSVue text note on 1 John 5:7
by Pilgrim - Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:07 AM
Is the church in crisis
by John_C - Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:52 AM
Jordan Peterson ordered to take sensitivity training
by Tom - Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:00 PM
Should Creeds be read in Church?
by Pilgrim - Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:30 AM
Do Christians have Dual Personalities: Peace & Wretchedness?
by DiscipleEddie - Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:15 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#56999 Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:25 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
It is a comfort to know that God is sovereign and that all things work together for good for those that love God; as Romans 8:28 assures us.

In the meantime, sometimes it is really hard to know how to handle things and whether or not I am doing the right thing.

I am presently the only one in my family that because of my studies on the subject, refuses to get vaccinated. Canada is getting more and more "vaccine crazy"; and the family is believing the narrative of the health authorities that until everyone is vaccinated, we will not get out of this mess. I can handle the narrative that our government is throwing at us; but now that the family has embraced much of it, it become another matter.

As the Provinces get more and more into lockdown and vaccine crazy; it becomes more and more clear that the family thinks I am crazy. They may not agree with how the government handles these matters, but the way they are seeing it they need to live their lives and I am holding them back.

My wife and I just had to cancel our trip to Alberta to go see our eldest daughter and go on a road trip. It was supposed to happen this weekend.
My wife is allowed to be in my daughter's house, but I am not, because I am unvaccinated. My wife and I are allowed to go to a hotel, but my daughter can not be there with an unvaccinated person. I am not even allowed to go to restaurants.

This Saturday is supposed to be my wife and my 39th wedding anniversary; but now she is thinking about going to see my daughter without me. She just said to me that "you might as well cancel your holidays, no sense you wasting them.
My daughter who is an Alberta nurse in the fight against Covid, told my wife that it is a proven fact that the unvaccinated are 30-40% more likely to get Covid. She also is consulting with a long time nurse friend, who told her I am wrong.

My wife told me all this and I told her that I can not do anything about it. Believe me, I wanted to say a lot more than that, but that would not go well; I am too upset right now.

I have tried to show my family the reasons why I do not want to get vaccinated; but they are convinced that I am wrong.

Right now, other than prayer; I am at a loss to know what to do. This is putting serious strain on the family and I am not certain if I should just give in and get vaccinated and relieve their fear for me. I also feel like an inconvenience to them; ruining their plans.

Sorry, I am not even certain if I should be writing this here.

Tom

Last edited by Tom; Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:26 PM.
Tom #57000 Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:47 AM
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
1. It is NOT "science". So, the masses are believing the lies of the political elite and their minions.

2. It is NOT "logical". THINK just for a second or two:
- The CDC finally agrees with every study that now shows that none of the vaccines prevents infection nor transmission of COV19 regardless of which variant it is (which will continue to morph like every other similar virus). They only lessen the effects. Vaccinated people who have pre-existing conditions still die.

3. 99% of the available masks are ineffective in preventing infection. Most doctors and nurses readily admit this incontrovertible truth. The 'pores' of the typical blue paper masks handed out at hospitals and businesses are 4 times larger than the molecules of COV19. The 'pores' of the M95 masks are 30% larger than COV19 molecules. And, to be effective any mask must be perfectly form-fitted to a person's face.

4. Lastly, albeit much more could be said... Since vaccinated individuals can be infected and/or transmit this virus, then why is a non-vaccinated individual more of a risk to vaccinated individuals than vaccinated individuals? [Linked Image] And so what if the unvaccinated individual gets infected from a vaccinated individual? The symptoms could range from non-symptomatic , to sick for 2 or 3 days up to a week+, or serious enough to need hospitalization which is VERY rare. The FACTS are 99.005% of those infected survive. And finally, those who have been infected, their natural immunity, which is something no one wants to make know, are 10x more immune to infection for MUCH longer than anyone who has been vaccinated.

Many nurses here in the U.S. have walked off their jobs after being told that they have to be vaccinated. Really? Nurses who work in hospitals and who are exposed to the virus and every other disease and who KNOW the facts about COV19 have chosen not to be vaccinated would rather quit their jobs than be forced to get a vaccination. scratchchin We have a very close friend who is a retired nurse and who refused to get vaccinated along with her husband, who is a retired NYC police officer. They both got COV19 as did one son. All recovered without any need of hospitalization and with no side effects of any kind. in fact, when they went to the local hospital to find out if they were treating infected patients, they were told to go home and rest.

I refuse to get vaccinated... period. It is possible that I have already been infected and if that is the case, I am far more protected than someone with an artificial man-made virus vaccine. This is insanity and will continue forever since these "flus" will continue to exist everywhere UNTIL people stop drinking the "koolaid" and begin to use that muscle between their ears and realize they have been duped. However, that 'muscle' is so rarely used nowadays, should most actually use it, they will suffer from cerebral charlie horses for a short time which most would rather be locked down and controlled like lab rats. evilgrin

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Tom #57001 Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:50 AM
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley
Sorry for this trial. Stand firm and wait on the Lord.

Attached Images

The Chestnut Mare
Tom #57003 Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:24 AM
Plebeian
Plebeian
Tom ,
I thank you for sharing your trials hurts, a lot of verses come to mind that I could trot out ,
sorry for your trial .Stand firm and wait on the Lord These indeed are strange troubling times,
Bob

Tom #57018 Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:41 AM
Addict
Addict
I’m not advocating this writer (or even advocating embracing conspiracies) but I do believe there is a trend toward maintaining comfort at all costs above and before all else. That if we play the game and follow the rules things will turn out well. There are many who won’t even entertain the idea that we are being lied to and manipulated. There’s often a lack of faith in the common man, even the believer, and his ability to discern these things for themselves and aid others in doing so. The fear of (reprobate) man is at an all time high. I’d hope these trials could bring the like-minded together to achieve clarity but I fear they are being further torn apart. I fear you cannot reason with a Covid-vaccinated Christian. They’re too bought in to their commitment to the official narrative and their decision to comply. It can be a little disheartening. …

https://www.firstthings.com/web-exclusives/2021/09/why-i-am-a-conspiracy-theorist

Why do the nations conspire,
and the peoples plot in vain?
The kings of the earth set themselves,
and the rulers take counsel together,
against the Lord and his anointed, saying,
“Let us burst their bonds asunder,
and cast their cords from us” (Ps. 2:1–2)

Last edited by Anthony C.; Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:26 PM.
Journeyman
Journeyman
Originally Posted by Anthony C.
Why do the nations conspire,
and the peoples plot in vain?
The kings of the earth set themselves,
and the rulers take counsel together,
against the Lord and his anointed, saying,
“Let us burst their bonds asunder,
and cast their cords from us” (Ps. 2:1–2)

"How great is Your goodness,
Which You have stored up for those who fear You,
Which You have performed for those who take refuge in You,
Before the sons of mankind!
You hide them in the secret place of Your presence from the conspiracies of mankind;
You keep them secretly in a shelter from the strife of tongues." Ps. 31:19-20 NASB

"For so the Lord spoke to me with mighty power and instructed me not to walk in the way of this people, saying,
“You are not to say, ‘It is a conspiracy!’
Regarding everything that this people call a conspiracy,
And you are not to fear what they fear or be in dread of it." Is. 8:11-12 NASB

Meta4

There is no such thing as preaching Christ and Him crucified, unless we preach what nowadays is called Calvinism. It is a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else. - C.H. Spurgeon
1 member likes this: Anthony C.
Tom #57020 Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:58 PM
Addict
Addict
Maybe we can rally behind an ophthalmologist

Last edited by Anthony C.; Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:14 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 60 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
PaulWatkins, His Unworthy Son, Nahum, TheSojourner, Larry
974 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
1,506,484 Gospel truth