Donations for the month of March

We have received a total of "0" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Forum Search
Member Spotlight
Pilgrim
Pilgrim
NH, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,781
Posts54,881
Members974
Most Online732
Jan 15th, 2023
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,447
Tom 4,516
chestnutmare 3,320
J_Edwards 2,615
John_C 1,865
Wes 1,856
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 4
John_C 1
Recent Posts
1 Cor. 6:9-11
by Pilgrim - Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:02 PM
Change in NRSVue text note on 1 John 5:7
by Pilgrim - Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:07 AM
Is the church in crisis
by John_C - Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:52 AM
Jordan Peterson ordered to take sensitivity training
by Tom - Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:00 PM
Should Creeds be read in Church?
by Pilgrim - Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:30 AM
Do Christians have Dual Personalities: Peace & Wretchedness?
by DiscipleEddie - Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:15 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Tom Online Content OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Online Content
Needs to get a Life
I listened to a talk on the Separation of Church and State, that I thought some here might be interested in listening to.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...AA25019696F4A9E33AB2AA25&FORM=VDQVAP

Tom

Last edited by Tom; Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:34 PM.
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
He is correct in insisting that the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, namely the legislative branch, i.e., Congress (House of Representatives and/or Senate) is forbidden to establish a national religion to which all citizens must accept and obey. Good lecture.

I am motivated to add, that the converse is also true. Ministers of the Church may not and thus cannot preach politics from the pulpit, i.e., for corporate worship. They are to preach the Scriptures ONLY and make application of it. IF, however, an Elder desires to discuss, lecture, inform members and/or visitors about political issues, this is permissible, but it must be done separate from the official corporate worship of God on the Sabbath... IMO!!

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Tom Online Content OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Online Content
Needs to get a Life
Pilgrim

You said:
I am motivated to add, that the converse is also true. Ministers of the Church may not and thus cannot preach politics from the pulpit, i.e., for corporate worship. They are to preach the Scriptures ONLY and make application of it. IF, however, an Elder desires to discuss, lecture, inform members and/or visitors about political issues, this is permissible, but it must be done separate from the official corporate worship of God on the Sabbath... IMO!!

As you may or may not know, in Canada with the passing of Bill C-4, Churches across the USA and Canada in a united effort to speak to this issue decided to take take away from their regular preaching schedule to speak on what the Bible says about the creation of men and women and biblical sexuality from the Bible. This was done January 16th 2022.
One of the main people who were involved on this issue is John MacArthur.

An example from Bill C-4, that this was designed to address is the section from Bill C-4 that stated that the view that states that there are only two genders, is a dangerous myth. (from memory).
The Gospel Coalition came out against Churches becoming involved in this, mainly because they said that it is dangerous to get homosexuals mad. Rather according to them (I believe wrongly) they said there is nothing in the language that shows pastors can be convicted of hate crimes.

Do you believe these Churches are correct to preach this, "on the Lord's day"?

Head Honcho
Head Honcho
Originally Posted by Tom
Do you believe these Churches are correct to preach this, "on the Lord's day"?
Let me answer that question with a question, which the Lord Christ did in several situations. Does the Bible address the issue of homosexuality and other sexual perversions? Paul, through the inspiration of the Spirit, clearly states that ministers of the Gospel are to "preach the Word,
2 Timothy 4:1-4 (ASV) 1 I charge [thee] in the sight of God, and of Christ Jesus, who shall judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom: 2 preach the word; be urgent in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure the sound doctrine; but, having itching ears, will heap to themselves teachers after their own lusts; 4 and will turn away their ears from the truth, and turn aside unto fables.
... and
Titus 1:9 (ASV) 9 holding to the faithful word which is according to the teaching, that he may be able to exhort in the sound doctrine, and to convict the gainsayers. Titus 2:1 (ASV) 1 But speak thou the things which befit the sound doctrine:...
Who cares if LGBTQ, etc. adherents get mad? What godly men should be most concerned with is making God angry by neglecting preaching the "whole counsel of God" and/or dumbing down, distorting, or especially denying God's inspired written revelation.

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: Robin
Tom Online Content OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Online Content
Needs to get a Life
Pilgrim

That is the way, I was hoping you would reply.
I was just clarifying; because I wanted to be completely sure I understood you.
Indeed, who cares if they get mad!

Thanks
Tom

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 84 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
PaulWatkins, His Unworthy Son, Nahum, TheSojourner, Larry
974 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
1,506,457 Gospel truth