Donations for the month of July

We have received a total of "$0" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Forum Search
Member Spotlight
Rick Bates
Rick Bates
Charlestown, R.I. US
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,531
Posts53,980
Members970
Most Online523
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,224
Tom 4,222
chestnutmare 3,211
J_Edwards 2,615
Wes 1,856
John_C 1,838
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Pilgrim 16
Tom 15
jta 9
Meta4 3
John_C 3
Recent Posts
Roe is Dead. Praise God!!!!
by Tom - Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:47 AM
Nicene Creed Question
by Tom - Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:36 PM
Coach Wins Case
by Tom - Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:28 PM
There is a Fountain ~ William Cowper
by Rick Bates - Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:35 PM
First Work, Sins—Second Work, Sin!
by NetChaplain - Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:09 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#57815 Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:00 AM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
On a Reformed board I frequent that is usually very good when it comes to doctrine; said something that kind of surprised me.
I should not be surprised anymore at what I read even from normally solid Christians.

How would you response if someone said the following to you?

Paul circumcised Timothy so he could be more effective in ministry.
In the same way, if we are consistent as believers, we should be vaccinated.

Tom

Tom #57816 Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:00 AM
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
Originally Posted by Tom
Paul circumcised Timothy so he could be more effective in ministry.
In the same way, if we are consistent as believers, we should be vaccinated.
The analogy is totally illogical and irrelevant. Timothy was circumcised because Paul didn't want to offend the Jews from the start before being able to explain the truth about Christ and the salvation He procured to all who believed in Him. But Titus was not circumcised (Gal 2:1-5) for the sake of keeping the purity of the Gospel, i.e., justification is by grace alone through faith alone and not of works. Remember that circumcision is nothing in and of itself (1Cor 7:18,19).

Vaccination has nothing to do with Christianity, especially it's fundamental doctrines of salvation. Secondly, there is no commandment given nor implied in Scripture that a believer must vaccinated on order of any man nor government. The body of a believer is the temple of the Holy Spirit and thus it must not only be treated with respect but guardedly so as to not intentionally bring harm to it (1Cor 6:19,20). The science shows that unless a person has pre-morbidity issues, a compromised immune system, respiratory problems, etc., then the vaccine is not only unnecessary but far inferior to natural immunity. The vaccines have shown to be short-lived and provide no protection against infection or transmission of the virus no matter how many times a person has been vaccinated and boosted. This virus is not deadly to over 95% +/- of the population.

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Tom #57817 Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:28 AM
jta Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
As I often point out in discussions around "vaccination," there are those of us who seek out Truth (as I wish every Christian would), and also those who choose to believe what they are told by lying governments and their lying media.

If the so-called COVID "vaccines" were truly safe and effective, then I would think it wise, prudent, and loving for Christians to take them.

The problem is that they aren't. Not only are they not, but in many people they weaken the immune system, making their victims much sicker and hence much more likely to spread illness to that handful of us (including myself) who are more vulnerable.

So I believe Christians ought NOT to take the vaccines, boosters, etc., if they can possibly avoid it. And that truly consistent Christians not only will not, but will also not allow themselves to be seduced by lying liars from lying media and lying governments.

There are inconsistent Christians, of course, but it is better to be consistent. And, FAR outnumbering those inconsistent Christians, are those who profess Christianity, but, demonstrably, care nothing about Truth, will not only not seek it out, but will run as far from it as they can.

BTW, someone very close to me recently told me that I am "insane" for not believing what governments, media, Big Pharma, etc. say. About "vaccines," inflation, Ukraine, abortion, Marxism, and more. This is a problem. "How can two walk together, except they be agreed"?

Aspiring student of Christ

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 73 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Nana Dadzie Jr., Cliniql, John E, ManassehAmerican, jta
970 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
July
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
Ruth
Popular Topics(Views)
1,351,664 Gospel truth