Donations for the month of April

We have received a total of "0" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Forum Search
Member Spotlight
John_C
John_C
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,787
Posts54,917
Members974
Most Online732
Jan 15th, 2023
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,457
Tom 4,528
chestnutmare 3,324
J_Edwards 2,615
John_C 1,866
Wes 1,856
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 15
Pilgrim 12
John_C 2
Recent Posts
Jordan Peterson ordered to take sensitivity training
by Anthony C. - Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:57 PM
David Engelsma
by Pilgrim - Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:00 AM
1 Cor. 6:9-11
by Tom - Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:00 AM
The Jewish conservative political commentators
by Tom - Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:54 AM
The United Nations
by Tom - Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:04 PM
Did Jesus Die of "Natural Causes"? by Dr. Paul Elliott
by Pilgrim - Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:39 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
Hi

I just read a Rebel News link, where largest left wing news organization in Canada the CBC are trying to blackmail Rebel News.

Some may know that Prime-minister Justin Trudeau has been trying to destroy Rebel News for years. At great cost to Rebel News has been to court many cases concerning this and even assaults against many of their journalists.

Now, the CBC who are funded by the government are attacking Rebel News. I thought how they were handling this was interesting.

https://www.rebelnews.com/lockdown_...utm_medium=email&utm_source=therebel

What I have found absolutely nuts, is how the average Canadian who has heard of Rebel News thinks they are similar to the Nation Enquirer.

Tom

Last edited by Tom; Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:51 AM.
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
Nothing to see here folks, go back to your homes. This is expected and 'normal' behavior from the Left, not just in Canada but throughout the entire world. Smearing is child's play compared to what Direct TV has just done two days ago. The "de-platformed" i.e. totally removed Newsmax from their programming. Newsmax is rated #4 for all news programming and #16 for all channels, of which there are hundreds. Consequently, Direct TV is experiencing a huge exodus of subscribers (cancelling subscription contracts). The popular adage which is quickly becoming an axiom is "Go woke, Go broke!". evilgrin Fortunately, Newsmax TV has it's own app and thus it is readily accessible without any 3rd party service. And, it is 100% free. BigThumbUp

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
Pilgrim

It might be child's play, yet it is something that unfortunately is affecting even Christians.

What I mean by this is although many Christians do not like the left wing agenda; or even left wing news media such as CBC. Never the less, they have been successful in painting RW News sources such as Rebel News as no better than the National Enquirer.

Unfortunately, this is what I am hearing when I am around some Christians.
They are ignorant of the left's agenda, as well as the WEF and WHO and as a result, believe when RW organizations such as Rebel News speak out, they are quickly dismissed. I have even been rebuked by a few, because they do not want to hear negative news.

One of my problems is that in many cases, although many Church elders are upset about things like the left's agenda. Never the less very few are teaching their congregations about these things; or how to respond to them. Seemingly, they believe that it is enough just to teach the Bible, like normal.
I have some fellow believers in my Church, who are like myself. However, for the part what we have learned on these aspects we did not learn inside our own local Churches. We learned by reading good Christian books, and watched good Reformed blogs, or podcasts and our Bibles.

I have recently requested a meeting with an elder over my concern about this in my own Church. Please pray that it is fruitful.

Tom

Last edited by Tom; Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:30 PM.
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
1. And why is it that you know so many "professing" Christians who lack even basic discernment, which Jesus promised would be given when the Spirit came? scratchchin

2. The Church's responsibility is #1 to feed the flock/sheep through the preaching and teaching of the Word of God and not preach politics. If elders desire to keep member's informed of contemporary politics it should be done apart from the formal preaching and teaching. Scripture is sufficient to address all matters of faith and life; doctrine and sanctification. From the Scriptures God leads all those who are His and gives them knowledge, wisdom and discernment.

3. My advice, which has been given to you myriad times is: make good use of the time which God has provided and not waste it trying to get entangled in useless disputes with those who have no 'ears to hear or a mind to comprehend" the truth. Tend first to yourself that you are not led astray as multitudes are doing. You are responsible for yourself to walk the narrow path which alone is true life and abundantly given to all who seek it. Learn when to fight and when to flee and separate yourself from those of this world regardless who they are, else you will surely be compromised and eventually fall away.

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
Pilgrim
First of all, thank you for caring enough about me, to be honest.
Second however, I think you are jumping to unnecessarily conclusions here; but perhaps that is my fault?
1. And why is it that you know so many "professing" Christians who lack even basic discernment, which Jesus promised would be given when the Spirit came?
First of all, some of these people are in my own family, who they do not mind giving their opinion. However, if you respond back honestly, they do not like it. Personally speaking I am getting tired of these people; especially those who I cannot avoid.
Secondly others are because I make it a practice as we are encouraged to do. To get to know the people in our local Church.
Thirdly, and this is something that I need to do less of; is not to be too involved in Reformed Christian blogs. I should know by now that many of these are a waste of time and energy.

2. The Church's responsibility is #1 to feed the flock/sheep through the preaching and teaching of the Word of God and not preach politics. If elders desire to keep member's informed of contemporary politics it should be done apart from the formal preaching and teaching. Scripture is sufficient to address all matters of faith and life; doctrine and sanctification. From the Scriptures God leads all those who are His and gives them knowledge, wisdom and discernment.
I agree with you that it is the Church’s responsibility to feed the flock/sheep through the teaching of the Word of God. However, I believe the Word of God covers politics as well. In fact the Word of God shows God’s sovereignty over all life.
When it comes to specifically how to do that, as I said to my elder.
Not necessarily on Sunday morning, rather other times, such as a few conferences on the issues of our day. (That is just an idea)
An example of something I am talking about here, is during a Bible study, one person spoke up and said:
Doesn’t Romans 13, say that the government has the authority to tell the Church what they can and cannot do during the pandemic?
One elder was there when the person said that, and although I wanted to say something, I bit my lip hoping he would address it. However, nobody said a word.
I got the feeling, that had I spoken up, it would not have been received well. However, I am almost ashamed I did not.
3. My advice, which has been given to you myriad times is: make good use of the time which God has provided and not waste it trying to get entangled in useless disputes with those who have no 'ears to hear or a mind to comprehend" the truth. Tend first to yourself that you are not led astray as multitudes are doing. You are responsible for yourself to walk the narrow path which alone is true life and abundantly given to all who seek it. Learn when to fight and when to flee and separate yourself from those of this world regardless who they are, else you will surely be compromised and eventually fall away.
While I agree that it is very important that I make certain, I deal with my own life before I can correct error in other people’s life. Which is something that I try to remember as I talk about such issues.
Never the less, although it takes wisdom in knowing how and when to do so. I also believe that as a member of a Church, who is accountable to the Church. If I do not speak my mind, when I believe I need to, I am not loving them.
In this particular case, I am trying to make an elder aware of an issue, in the hope that he will at least consider it and take it to the other elders for consideration.
What I am saying here, is really not anything I think he wouldn’t agree with me on.
How can I say that? Mainly because this particular elder and I have talked about a few books in the past written by my pastor’s uncle; whose name is Erwin Lutzer. His latest book is called ‘No Reason to Hide’ and it deals a lot with how Churches and Christians can respond biblically.
This elder (who is my Bible Study leader) enjoyed reading at least two books written by Erwin Lutzer. We have also talked in the past about Samuel Waldron; who seems to agree with Erwin Lutzer on these kinds of things.

I hope that gives you a little more context.

Tom

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Anthony C.), 154 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
PaulWatkins, His Unworthy Son, Nahum, TheSojourner, Larry
974 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
1,509,838 Gospel truth