I may have some understanding of why some Christians are worried about our political landscape hurting the church. I mostly poo-pawed it as coming from the progressive Christianity people. Now, maybe I think the church should not only be concern from the progressive wing, but also some on the conservative side as well.

I ran into a podcast on YouTube where the host (a pastor who left the Acts 29 group of churches) and a woman Christian reporter with the Daily Wire. They were discussing 10 prominent Christian names on whether they belong to the progressive, pietism, or preservation side. I mostly agreed with them, but the more I heard them I started to think they were more interested in them being vocal on cultural issues, than for their biblical based doctrine. Finally, when they got to the last name it became obvious to me. They gave Doug Wilson glaring reviews for his standing up for biblical truths. The host did mention that Wilson was black-listed for his views on Federal Vision, but said that is something (paraphrasing) minor in the big scope of things. The names were Keller, Piper, Ortland, MacArthur, R Moore, Chandler, Sproul, and Wilson (I forget 2 of them).

Has Federal Vision and other issues like it become non-issues theologically in today’s church? Only engaging the culture is important, even with bad theology?

John Chaney

"having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith . . ." Colossians 2:7