Donations for the month of November

We have received a total of "$25" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Forum Search
Member Spotlight
Tom
Tom
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,660
Posts54,335
Members973
Most Online523
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,312
Tom 4,329
chestnutmare 3,242
J_Edwards 2,615
Wes 1,856
John_C 1,852
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 36
Pilgrim 20
jta 5
John_C 3
Recent Posts
The Trucker's Protest
by Tom - Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:40 PM
Chinese Police forces operating in Canada
by ATulipNotADaisy - Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:02 AM
Letter from Dr. Malone Concerning Covid
by ATulipNotADaisy - Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:54 AM
Alberta Sentences Unvaccinated Transplant Patients to Death
by ATulipNotADaisy - Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:51 AM
Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!
by chestnutmare - Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:48 AM
Behold, I am vile
by chestnutmare - Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:48 PM
Thread Like Summary
Anthony C.
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Anthony C.
Anthony C.
I like RC Sproul but I don’t love him. This is more of a vibe I get from his style and emphasis but I tend to view him as a precursor to new Calvinism with his skepticism of presuppositional apologetics. ….

Even this video, I just think he walks a fine line between the pilgrim and the blind image bearer like there is more middle ground than the Bible speaks to….

Also, I think he misrepresents what CVT believed regarding the Presuppositional position. Why can’t you start with the presupposition of the God of the Bible as the starting point? How could we do any other?

I believe RC has a low view of the authority of scripture in his apologetical approach.

I don’t believe history and nature is enough to compel somebody toward belief. Especially today….. The history surrounding Jesus is sound but it’s most vividly conveyed via Scripture. I reject Sproul’s distinctions/compartmentalizations. Calvinism can never stand on hip intellectualism. Start with scripture, Jesus our Savior, God our Creator, and man the fallen image bearer.
Liked Replies
by Robin
Robin
All that is a bit over my head, but doesn't the Westminster Confession say that the light of nature is sufficient to demonstrate the condemnation of all men under sin, but that only supernatural revelation is sufficient for salvation?
1 member likes this
by Tom
Tom
I am a fan of Presuppositional Apologetics, so obviously I disagree with Sproul's Classical Apologetics. However, he was actually one my all time favorite theologians, mainly because I learned so much about Reformed theology from him.
When New Calvinism first came on the scene, Conservative Reformed and Calvinist theologians and pastors such RC Sproul liked what he saw, because he was seeing younger people interested Reformed Theology. RC Sproul of course had some warning, as did other older Reformed pastors about their direction. He continued to encourage them for a while, however after a while he and people like John MacArthur, started speaking out against them; mainly because New Calvinists had redefined what Calvinism is. Many of the New Calvinists were Charismatics and started to see false teachers involved in the organization. The movement is all but diminished now and many of the people who were involved in the movement have gone woke. Some of them, have personally gone against John MacArthur and Ligonier ministries for their strong stand against the Social Justice Movement and MacArthur's 'Strange Fire Conferences', of which if memory serves me, RC Sproul was involved in at least one of them a few years before he went to be with the Lord.

Tom
1 member likes this
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 42 guests, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
His Unworthy Son, Nahum, TheSojourner, Larry, Nana Dadzie Jr.
973 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
November
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
1,399,938 Gospel truth