The Highway
Posted By: chestnutmare The glory of God - Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:55 PM
The glory of God comprehends both the holy properties of His nature and the counsels of His will; and the light of the knowledge of these things we have only in the face or person of Jesus Christ. Whatever obscure, imperfect notions we may have of them in other ways, we cannot have the light of the illuminating, irradiating, knowledge of the glory of God, which may enlighten our minds and sanctify our hearts, but only in the face or person of Jesus Christ: for He is "the image of God" (II Cor. 4:4); "the brightness of the Father’s glory, and the express image of his person" (Heb. 1:3); "the image of the invisible God" (Col. 1:15). I here only mention these things because I have handled them at large in my discourse of The Mystery of Godliness, or the Person of Christ; I refer the readers to this for their full declaration and vindication. He is glorious in that He is the great representative of the nature of God and His will to us; which without Him would have been eternally hid from us, or been invisible to us; we should never have seen God at any time, here nor hereafter (John 1:18).
~ John Owen
Posted By: Mckinley Re: The glory of God - Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:35 PM
Would love to share this jewel!
Posted By: chestnutmare Re: The glory of God - Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:04 PM
Please do. It is as you say, a jewel. smile
© The Highway