The Highway
Posted By: William Why is a post's subject so important? - Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:59 AM
Please start new thread instead of changing the topic.

[+] Why is a post's subject so important?
The first post of a given topic establishes the subject by which all subsequent replies will be known. Once there's been a reply, the topic subject cannot be subsequently changed. It's therefore important to get the subject right from the outset. Make it as descriptive and as specific as possible. For example, "LCD burn-in questions", is much better than something completely generic, such as "Newbie needs help!". Not only is it more likely to elicit a response, but it'll also make it much easier for all posts in the topic to be subsequently located.

Frequently Asked Questions. If you know of anything else that should be addressed on this page please Contact Us.
https://www.the-highway.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/faq.html

Thank you,

Posted By: CovenantInBlood Re: Why is a post's subject so important? - Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:25 AM
William,

Is this meant as a complaint? or what?
Posted By: William Re: Why a post's subject is not important! - Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by CovenantInBlood
Is this meant as a complaint? or what?

SORRY, I go now flee

The first post of a given topic establishes the subject by which all subsequent replies will be known. Once there's been a reply, the topic subject cannot be subsequently changed.

Have a good Lord's day,
William
Posted By: Pilgrim Re: Why a post's subject is not important! - Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:14 AM
Well, I'm no less confused by this second reply than I was by the first one. William, if you are trying to ask for help on something; ... this IS the "HELP Forum", then I'm really needing you to make it much clearer as to what it is that you need help with.

IF, however, you are wanting to express a complaint about something, which is fine too, then you need to make it clear what you have found that is wrong or needing attention. If, there is a particular post you have in mind, again assuming you have a complaint, then at the bottom of every post/reply there is a "Notify" button. Clicking on this allows you to send a message to the Staff here about something or someone or whatever which you would like us to look at. grin

And, you have a blessed Lord's Day too. We are partaking of the body and blood of Christ on this upcoming Sabbath.
Posted By: William Re: Why a post's subject is not important! - Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:30 AM
Well in both of these threads the topic was changed. Nevertheless I apologize for posting this and wasting anyones time on our way unto a never ending eternity. I also may have been guilty of this in the past and I know I have strayed off topic. The board is viewed by many world wide and some learn much, so I though I would suggest a little more seriousness and perhaps ecourage the moderators to enforce the rules. Sorry I guess I was being picky. Feel free to delete this thread and lets move on. smile

Thanks,
William

https://www.the-highway.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/42620/1.html

https://www.the-highway.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/42688/7.html
Posted By: Pilgrim Re: Why a post's subject is not important! - Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:56 AM
William,

Your observation of the direction taken by those two mentioned threads is duly noted. I would agree that they should have been kept on topic.

But I am really perplexed by your apparent attitude and/or perception of this matter. For example, "Nevertheless I apologize for posting this and wasting anyones time on our way unto a never ending eternity."... pray tell what is THAT all about? Why would you apologize for noting that several threads went off topic and the Staff failed to reel them in? And, if you really believe that your concern about topics being kept on topic is a waste of everyone's time, then why post it at all? We certainly don't consider such concerns a "waste of time".

As I stated in my previous reply, you will get our (Staff) attention much better by using the "Notify" feature and sending whatever message you think needs our attention rather than posting in the HELP Forum. grin

Thanks for your input.
© The Highway