Donations for the month of May

We have received a total of "0" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Forum Search
Member Spotlight
John_C
John_C
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,792
Posts54,932
Members974
Most Online732
Jan 15th, 2023
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,464
Tom 4,533
chestnutmare 3,325
J_Edwards 2,615
John_C 1,867
Wes 1,856
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 5
John_C 1
Recent Posts
American Election
by Pilgrim - Sun May 05, 2024 7:03 AM
Nouthetic Counseling
by Pilgrim - Sun May 05, 2024 6:55 AM
N.T. Wright
by Pilgrim - Fri May 03, 2024 6:47 PM
The Righteousness of God - Horatius Bonar
by Pilgrim - Wed May 01, 2024 7:44 AM
Jordan Peterson ordered to take sensitivity training
by Tom - Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:50 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#58943 Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:47 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
American Election

This is not a scientific observation.
However, if indication of what Reformed Christians are saying on Reformed blogs and forums are any indication of how they will be voting.

It seems, that many Conservatives will be voting for Trump. However, many of them are upset about Trump and his statements on abortion. Which are not strong enough for them against abortion.

Others are probably abstaining from voting at all, because of their convictions that no candidate is qualified for President.

Others say they will be voting for Kennedy.

Tom #58944 Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:54 AM
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
I guess what you are seeing only goes to prove that one's professed religious views isn't necessarily an indication of the person's intelligence. igiveup

1. Trump's personal views on abortion are not biblical. However, most people's views are not biblical either... so what?
2. Roe vs. Wade is defunct and thus the President doesn't determine the policy nor enforcement of what each individual State's laws will be. The PEOPLE who voted their representatives into office are hypothetically responsible for the State's laws on abortion and most other things, whether they are biblical and/or Constitutional.
3. No candidate is qualified for President? Really???? Where does the Bible dictate what the qualifications are for the office of the President of the United States? scratchchin Elections aren't to determine who is to be Pastor of the United States. And on this same vein, who is qualified to be a pastor of a church? The qualifications are specifically given but rarely can one find today a pastor who meets those qualifications.
4. So, "reformed Christians" wrote they will be voting for Kennedy? rofl And, that's because he is more qualified than Trump? Disregarding biblical supposed qualifications, Kennedy is very left wing in his political views as well as moral views, including abortion. Being a voice against forced vaccine mandates doesn't qualify a person to be President. [Linked Image] He has no love for the Constitution of the United States as it was written nor what the founders intended it to be.

All that you are witnessing is that the words "Reformed" and "Christian" have no objective meaning today. Postmodernism and it relativism has taken over EVERY facet of life. And that is an absolute truth. smile

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Tom #58949 Fri May 03, 2024 9:16 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
In case you missed it in what I said. Those were just my observations.

Personally speaking although I can’t vote in the USA.
As it stands, if I could vote, I would be voting for Trump for many of the
same reasons you gave.

However, I do not believe that not voting for Trump is necessarily wrong.
If they after they have examined themselves, can’t in good conscience vote for Trump.
Rightly or wrongly, it would be sin for them.

Sometimes I believe unless we are willing to not vote at all, is to vote for the lesser
of two evils.
I have said that to some Christians I know and they said.
“The problem with that, is when you vote for the lesser of two evils. You are still voting
for evil.”

However, I usually counter that, with we are not voting for a pastor; we are voting for
a President. That rarely fazes them however.

Tom

Tom #58950 Sat May 04, 2024 5:35 AM
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
Author: Susan Fountain on the Dallas County Republican forum:

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

This quote is more often than not attributed to Edmund Burke, but his credit has often been disputed. But a truer statement has never been made, regardless of who said it. Many of you reading this have now come to realize how some of the evil that has permeated our country has been so incrementally slow over the past 50 years that we didn't notice how it was affecting our daily lives. Unfortunately over the past 246 years those of us with agendas of what is in it for me have allowed their thinking of what is good for our country to take a back seat. Still, our Founders' pledges of their lives, their fortunes and their sacred honor have carried us this far. The greatest idea and experiment borne from men who wanted liberty and freedom for every man is still here in our Constitutional Republic, if we can keep it, as Benjamin Franklin warned us. To continue to assume that it is someone else's problem to correct assures the ultimate downfall of the greatest country in the world, these our United States of America. Our tipping point is here and now, going forward. There is goodness and kindness in this country and we must remember that it far outweighs the evil. We have made much progress in restoring respect for life, and family and faith. And we have much work ahead of us that we must remind each other why we fight for liberty and freedom every day. America is worth saving.

Whoever originated that quote, if anyone in it's currently accepted forum, nevertheless it remains a truism. God chose some very wicked men in history to bring about the good He had ordained for the people of God. Cyrus is one exceptional example. The difference between Donald J. Trump and Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. in regard to what their respective views are of and their agenda's they plan for the United States they are so antithetical that it cannot be denied. Doubtless, one can make the observation that in regard to voting between the two it would be a choice of the "lesser of two evils". But I see the choice as one of preserving our country as it was founded as a free Democratic Republic vs. an oppressive Socio-Communist State. My forefathers thought that one nation under God with liberty and justice for all was worth everything, even life itself if called for if it was to survive. "For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood, but against the principalities, against the powers, against the world-rulers of this darkness, against the spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places." Eph 6:12

Yes, one must vote according to conscience, but let that be done with both eyes open and not with some misguided ideal.

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Tom #58951 Sat May 04, 2024 6:15 AM
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
Deleted response and moved it to the Nouthetic Counselling thread. [Linked Image]

Last edited by Pilgrim; Sun May 05, 2024 7:02 AM.

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Tom #58952 Sun May 05, 2024 12:15 AM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
Pilgrim

I have a question for you.

Was your last post meant to respond to the link I gave on my
other thread called Nouthetic Counseling?

Tom

Tom #58954 Sun May 05, 2024 7:03 AM
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
See above. crazyeyes

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 59 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
PaulWatkins, His Unworthy Son, Nahum, TheSojourner, Larry
974 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
1,515,657 Gospel truth