I was quoting James P. Boyce to show his elongated view of regeneration. Boyce said, “There is no reason why it should not be true of some heathen. The missionaries of the cross have been sought by men, who knew nothing of Christianity, but whose hearts, unsatisfied with the religion of their fathers, were restlessly seeking for what their soul was crying out.”

And I quote Saint Paul
Rom 3:10-11
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
(KJV)
And Jesus Christ
Joh 6:44
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
(KJV)

I think you got his words confused with mine. This quote indicates that Boyce believed that a person could be regenerated before he became a Christian, before faith/repentance. I think a person is regenerated after faith/repentance.

Emphasis mine.

Exactly.......standard Wesleyan dogma. How does man overcome his depravity?

One is the fact that the person in equipoise has not made an ultimate, final commitment one way or the other. Thus, this passage is very relevant to a discussion of equipoise. The people truly did “hesitate between two opinions” (1 Kings 18:21).

Because a choice is presented does not necessitate that one be in any type of state, specifically; not perfect, fallen or equipoise. Choices are presented in life and because we "mull them over" doesn't necessitate man having an ability to choose against his nature. That's a typical arminian view of mans responsibility.

God bless,

william