Donations for the month of March

We have received a total of "0" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Forum Search
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,781
Posts54,881
Members974
Most Online732
Jan 15th, 2023
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,447
Tom 4,516
chestnutmare 3,320
J_Edwards 2,615
John_C 1,865
Wes 1,856
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 4
John_C 1
Recent Posts
1 Cor. 6:9-11
by Pilgrim - Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:02 PM
Change in NRSVue text note on 1 John 5:7
by Pilgrim - Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:07 AM
Is the church in crisis
by John_C - Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:52 AM
Jordan Peterson ordered to take sensitivity training
by Tom - Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:00 PM
Should Creeds be read in Church?
by Pilgrim - Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:30 AM
Do Christians have Dual Personalities: Peace & Wretchedness?
by DiscipleEddie - Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:15 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#44591 Sat May 01, 2010 3:31 PM
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Dear Pilgrim,

Please can you tell me very simply how to place a photograph in the photo section of the group? I am pretty useless at such things. Thank you. Love in Christ, English Rose
PS I am an "oldie".

Head Honcho
Head Honcho
Originally Posted by English Rose
Please can you tell me very simply how to place a photograph in the photo section of the group? I am pretty useless at such things. Thank you.
Rose,

I'm going to assume that you are asking how to put an image (photo or other graphic) in the Our Gallery forum. grin

It's actually not that hard. See if the following destructions are sufficient:
  1. Near the upper left, find and click on the "New Image" button.
  2. The next window will look much like a normal post/reply. But, click on the "Image manager" link that appears just below the text box.
  3. A "File Manager" popup window will appear. Click on the "Browse" button.
  4. Navigate to the picture you want to post that resides on your computer, e.g., "My Pictures".
  5. Click on the image file, e.g., xxxx.jpg and then click the "Open" button. This will return you to the File manager popup window.
  6. Click the "Add file" button. You can also type in a "caption" (description) if you like in the text box.
  7. If you have other images (photos, etc.) you want to add, repeat this process. You can upload a total of "5" images depending upon their file size.
  8. When you have chosen your picture(s), click the "Done adding files" button.
  9. Make sure you also include a "Subject" for your post as is always required and you can also add comments in the regular text box in that main window. When you are ready, click the "Submit" button.
  10. DONE

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Dear Pilgrim, It is not that I have ignored your clear instructions, but I could not find anywhere which showed "New Image." Have made an attempt several times, so just given up.

Love in Christ, English Rose

Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
dear Pilgrim, It is not that I have ignored your clear instructions to try and place a photograph in The Gallery, but nowhere could I see where to click-on a "New Image." Have tried several times, but just given up, as its not important. Thank you anyway.

Love in Christ from English Rose

The Boy Wonder
The Boy Wonder
Kinda sorta near the upper left corner. Like a new post to any of the other forums.
[Linked Image]

Then click on Image Manager (mine is in Blue letters here),
[Linked Image]

use the Browse button in the Image manager to select a photo from your computer:
[Linked Image]

You can caption it and whatever, even add multiple files. Then click "Done adding files" and "Submit" your photo to share it with us.

I hope the little screen shots help.

Your servant,
Robin

Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Dear Robin, I much appreciate you answering my question - I must be blind, for I have nothing like that on my screen. Do I have to enter somewhere else to get up "New image?"

Excuse my ignorance. Love in Christ from English Rose

Head Honcho
Head Honcho
Rose,

Let's first determine in what Forum you are wanting to insert an image. For example, are you wanting to include an image in one of the regular forums, e.g., Theology, Open, Prayer, Devotional, etc.? OR, are you wanting to display an image/photo in the "Our Gallery" forum? There is a difference. Once we have the answer to that question, we can then give you an appropriate answer. grin

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
The Boy Wonder
The Boy Wonder
I wonder if the theme you're using is hiding that button somehow. Try changing the theme (My Stuff > Edit Preferences) and see if that makes the New Image button visible.

Changing the theme is no big deal, and it's kinda fun, like rearranging the furniture or redecorating your room.

Just a suggestion... and I hope it's helpful,
Robin

Head Honcho
Head Honcho
The "theme" won't actually change anything since they are all based upon the same "template", i.e., all features and functions are identical. But the "buttons" and their location are different between a regular forum and the "Our Gallery" Forum, which is a special kind of forum. wink Also, there are some forums where the ability to post an image hasn't been enabled... which can be changed, of course, if the need arose. grin

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Dear Pilgrim, I was hoping to place a photo in The Gallery, but I must be so ignorant, I cannot follow the previous instructions.

Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Dear Robin, I clicked on "my stuff" but saw no button with New Image.

PS I think I shall give up!

Head Honcho
Head Honcho
Rose,

Let's try it one more time, shall we? grin

In Robin's reply found HERE, there are a series of screenshots (images) showing you what to look for and click on with instructions for finding a photo on your computer and uploading it so it appears in your new post.

If you simply click on this link for Our Gallery or the link found on the main "Forum List" page, you will see exactly what Robin provided in his first attached picture; the "New Image" button. Again, it will be on the upper left as shown below:

[Linked Image]

Soooo, return to Robin's excellent picture tutorial, realizing that the color of the pictures will probably be different than what you see, but the location of everything will be the same. Should you still have problems, if you are willing to describe each step you took we can then give you more detailed instructions. bigglasses

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Dear Pilgrim,

Thank you for your patience with me. Seeing the Guidelines clearly above, I have clicked onto The Gallery and for the first time, have seen New Image, but now what do I do? I have a photo on my desktop taken last year on holiday, and would like to place it in The Gallery, but have no idea how to do it. Please can you help. Love in Christ, English Rose

Head Honcho
Head Honcho
Rose,

Okay.... here's how to proceed after clicking on the "New Image" button.

- Click on the "Image Manager link as shown below.

[Linked Image]

- 1. Click on the "Browse" button to locate the photo/image you want to add, e.g., on your Desktop.
- 2. Click on the "Add File" button. A doube curved arrow image will appear while it is uploading.
* You now type in a "Caption" (explanation) in the "File Caption:" text box.
- 3. Click on the "Done adding files" button.

[Linked Image]

- 4. Click on the "Submit" button.
- 5. DONE

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 55 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
PaulWatkins, His Unworthy Son, Nahum, TheSojourner, Larry
974 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
1,506,497 Gospel truth