Donations for the month of March

We have received a total of "0" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Forum Search
Member Spotlight
Tom
Tom
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,776
Posts54,866
Members974
Most Online732
Jan 15th, 2023
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,445
Tom 4,513
chestnutmare 3,320
J_Edwards 2,615
John_C 1,864
Wes 1,856
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 2
John_C 1
Recent Posts
The When and How of Justification
by Pilgrim - Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:06 AM
Why a New Covenant Theology
by DiscipleEddie - Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:52 AM
Jordan Peterson ordered to take sensitivity training
by Anthony C. - Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:01 PM
Revisionist History vs. Conspiracy History by Gary North
by Anthony C. - Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:40 AM
the New Covenant
by Tom - Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:31 AM
"The Necessity of the Atonement" - Jonathan Edwards
by Pilgrim - Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:46 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Myshkin Offline OP
Plebeian
OP Offline
Plebeian
After 3 years we've been unable to find an English speaking conservative Reformed church here in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. If anyone knows of one, or knows some other people here who might be interested in helping start one, please let me know. Thanks!

Head Honcho
Head Honcho
Although not quite as dire, the situation isn't that much different in the good old USA either. [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Good day from South Africa! Unfortunately I cannot help you directly but have two suggestions:

(1) I know that the folks from the University Presbyterian Church in Las Cruces, NM, had or even still has close ties with a church in Uganda. John Pickett was the pastor but I know that he still is associated with the UPC. I realize that Uganda is still not Tanzania but it is East Africa and much closer than us down south. I saw that Randy McMillian now is in charge of UPC East Africa Mission: see http://www.upres.com/kingdomexpansion.htm They may bring you in contact with someone in Tanzania.

(2) You can perhaps also contact Murungi Igweta (Baptist church) through FB https://www.facebook.com/murungi.igweta?fref=ts . He is in Nairobi. I would guess that people in that part of Africa must have some idea who you can contact.

But I also want to agree with Pilgrim that finding conservative reformed churches anywhere is a rare thing nowadays......

Regards

Johan

Last edited by Johan; Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:57 AM.
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I now realised that there is an English Reformed Church in Johannesburg and just maybe someone there has ties with someone else in East Africa. It is just a possibility. As far as I know the ERC is conservative. If they were closer to where I live I would have seriously considered joining them.

http://www.erc.org.za/

Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley
Dear Patrice,

I trust that the Lord has continued to make His grace abound as you labour for Him.
I will find out if there is any reformed church in Dar es Salaam ASAP. You could give me his contacts or pass mine for him to contact me - here below.

I have also attached the end of year prayer letter giving a glimpse of what the Lord has been doing here and even in Nigeria.

Murungi Igweta

Trinity Baptist Church, Nairobi
P.O. Box 57907 00200
Cellphone: +254726067369
murungi@hotmail.com
www.trinity.or.ke
www.pastormurungi.blogspot.com

The Chestnut Mare
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley
Myshkin, I just heard from a pastor from Lusaka, Zambia whose church is involved in a church plant in Tanzania starting in February, 2015. He will be posting next week to make contact with you and provide more information about this.

The Chestnut Mare
Myshkin Offline OP
Plebeian
OP Offline
Plebeian
Thanks all for the replies. We were in Zambia for over 8 years and there were a number of excellent churches there. One major difference is that Zambia had 6 national languages which resulted in English being more widely used as a common language. However, if I had confidence a church was solidly Biblical (which I'm convinced implies it is also conservative and reformed), I wouldn't mind the service being in Swahili since we need to learn the language anyway.

About a year ago, the church we attend was having a "Women's Day service." I don't want to start a flame war, but I've read many attempts that claim that the latter part of I Cor. 14 doesn't mean what it says, but I'm strongly convinced that Paul did indeed mean what he said and even emphasized that he was speaking by the Spirit of God. Anyway, we decided to visit the main Presbyterian church that morning. We arrived and found from the bulletin that they had women elders but we'd driven quite a way to get there and knew of no other place to go so we decided to sit in on the service. It was nice singing hymns instead of repetitive choruses, but it turned out they were having a Health Day "service" and the presentation was on breast cancer (pictures and all) by 2 women. Out of the frying pan and into the fire. We walked out. This is truly a dry and thirsty land.

Plebeian
Plebeian
Hello Myshkin.
There is an effort to plant an English speaking "Reformed" or Calvinistic church in Dar es Salaam by Kabwata Baptist Church in Lusaka Zambia.
Our Missions team was in Dar es Salaam about three weeks ago. You may wish to get in touch with Misheck our Missions Co-ordinator via email
kumwendamh14918@gmail.com

In fact I have told Misheck about you and he is very eager to hear from you!

Blessings!

A Debtor to Sovereign Grace
Myshkin Offline OP
Plebeian
OP Offline
Plebeian
Do you know if any progress has been made on this? I've emailed Misheck twice and left a message at Kabwata's web site, but haven't received any reply. We've had to leave the church we were attending mainly because it began emphasizing decisional regeneration (assurance is based entirely on one thing you did in the past) along with some other things.

Last edited by Myshkin; Sun May 03, 2015 1:36 AM.
Plebeian
Plebeian
Hello Myshkin.
It's sad that Misheck hasn't contacted you yet despite your efforts.
Kindly contact brother Simon a Tanzanian national who is currently doing his pastoral internship at Kabwata Baptist Church. You can reach him on truesimonpatiloson@gmail.com. I have already mentioned you to him. I'll see if I can get him to join the highway.
Blessings!

Myshkin Offline OP
Plebeian
OP Offline
Plebeian
Thank you, Pastor. Unfortunately that email address bounces. I've double checked it on my end, could you check it with him again?

Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley
truepatiloson@gmail.com

The Chestnut Mare
Plebeian
Plebeian
Oh this time I'm doubly sorry. Could you kindly send me an email to lichawa@gmail.com? I will then gladly forward your message to Kabwata Baptist Church. I hope this will prove easier this time around.

Plebeian
Plebeian
Greetings From Tanzania.

By Grace of God will be planting the Reformed Baptist Church in Dare salaam. This is after finishing my Pastoral Internship at Kabwata Baptist Church. I was in touch with the person redirected from this group by Pastor Lichawa Thole. But Unfortunately since December last year never heard from Him.

Would you help with your Phone number or Reply to my mails

truepatiloson@gmail.com
+255768119344

Thanks
Simon Patilo

Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley
Simon, we have not heard from Myshkin for a very long time. Not sure where he is now. I do hope that you will connect with him soon.

The Chestnut Mare
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 51 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
PaulWatkins, His Unworthy Son, Nahum, TheSojourner, Larry
974 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
1,505,587 Gospel truth