Donations for the month of December

We have received a total of "0" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Forum Search
Member Spotlight
Robin
Robin
Lake Park, Georgia USA
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,320
Posts53,340
Members964
Most Online523
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,069
Tom 4,075
chestnutmare 3,087
J_Edwards 2,615
Wes 1,856
John_C 1,820
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 24
Pilgrim 19
Meta4 4
John_C 2
Robin 1
Recent Posts
Spurgeon
by Tom - Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:43 PM
Nero
by Meta4 - Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:18 PM
Gracious High Priest
by NetChaplain - Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:05 PM
A Discourse on the Cleansing Virtue of Christ's Blood
by Pilgrim - Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:44 AM
Renewed Strength
by chestnutmare - Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:56 PM
Faith-Trials (Jas 1:3)
by NetChaplain - Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:20 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Addict
OP Offline
Addict

Head Honcho
Online Content
Head Honcho
Such as?

Oh, please put something in the body of the message and not use just the "Subject" of a new thread. grin

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Addict
OP Offline
Addict
Sorry about that, as needed to switch to chrome browser, instead of explorer, as would not work since updated!
I use Logos silver 6, accordance for windows , and just curious what others use here, and how they use it?

Head Honcho
Online Content
Head Honcho
Originally Posted by JesusFan
Sorry about that, as needed to switch to chrome browser, instead of explorer, as would not work since updated!
Please report whatever problem you had and future issues you might have since the upgrade to v. 7.6.0 in the "Help" forum. We want to know about such things so that they may be fixed. grin

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Permanent Resident
Permanent Resident
I wish I had one, but the good ones seem so expensive. My pastor uses Logos, but I don't know which one.

Oh, I do have the free version of You Version but have not really used it except when I want to read Scripture from my smart phone.

John Chaney

"having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith . . ." Colossians 2:7
Addict
OP Offline
Addict
There is lots f rea;;y good sofyware on there to use, ranging from accrodamcer/bibleworks. which are both seminary level high grade software to work withoriginal language texts, all the way to ggod free ones!

Journeyman
Journeyman
Way back in time, I used the Online Bible. That was its name, though it was a DOS program, and had nothing to do with the Internet. I guess 'online' meant 'on the computer'? It was, and remains a free program, though it has long since been rewritten for Windows. It's written by a guy in Ontario, who I think is Plymouth Brethren; it includes the Darby version.

Other free Bible software include Davar, e-Sword, QuickVerse, theWord, and WORDsearch, and I'm sure there are others. The free ones all include the KJV and possibly some other free versions, but any copyright version must be purchased. This guy is giving away QuickVerse and tons of other Bible software on CD, but you must pay for shipping, and only the current offering is free; there is a new CD offered each month.

In the past I also purchased and used Logos. The one I currently prefer is e-Sword.

Meta4

There is no such thing as preaching Christ and Him crucified, unless we preach what nowadays is called Calvinism. It is a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else. - C.H. Spurgeon
Addict
OP Offline
Addict
I have used esword and the Word, and found both of them just as good as my Logos, except for work in the original language texts!

Head Honcho
Online Content
Head Honcho
I use my library!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Addict
OP Offline
Addict
What would be in there?

Head Honcho
Online Content
Head Honcho
Originally Posted by JesusFan
What would be in there?
About 3000 volumes.

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Journeyman
Journeyman
If you have an Apple device, PocketSword has many free Bibles in various languages, fine old commentaries in the public domain (Calvin, Gill, JFB, Lightfoot, Matthew Henry, etc.), devotionals and reading plans (M'Cheyne, Daily Light, Treasury of David, etc.) and other great material. And don't forget the Christian Creeds and Reformed Confessions app.

On Android, the And Bible app is very similar to PocketSword—it's based on the same databases and the JSword engine from Crosswire. This one also includes public domain books such as Calvin's Institutes, the works of Josephus, etc. The Christian Creeds and Reformed Confessions app is also available, but with fewer resources than the iOS original.

Olive Tree, which dates back to the days of PalmOS, is also available on both platforms, but apart from a few free resources, most of the books, Bibles, and other addons are pretty expensive.

All the above apps have their resources downloaded onto your device and can be used offline (no wireless or cell data required after installation of the apps and selected resources). There are, of course, many other resources that are wired.

Last edited by goldenoldie; Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:16 AM.

In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
Addict
OP Offline
Addict
Gramcord also will let you work on a tablet and smart phone, but I just prefer to work from my lap bigger screen, and have been spoiled, as started with gramcord, and now migrated to Logos Silver and accordance!

Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley
I have the Creeds and Confessions app on my iPhone but, since we have them here on The Highway on the Forum Creeds and Confessions with some of their commentaries and also on the main site, I prefer to use them here. I use Olive Tree on my iPhone for my daily M'Cheyne reading plan. I installed the ASV translation for this reading and it automatically alerts me when its time to read (like a snooze alarm set a half hour after I get up) and keeps track of my reading program for me which I really appreciate.

The Chestnut Mare
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by frost.
- - - -JRR Tolkien "Lord of the Rings"
I too use E-Sword. The basic package is free and for a donation you get several other bible versions and numerous commentaries.

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Pilgrim), 100 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
atdcross, NetChaplain, winslowlady, Zach, Daverogk
964 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
1,303,324 Gospel truth