Rate Thread
Hop To
#59011 Mon Jul 08, 2024 12:57 AM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
I have a question related to guns.

Up here in Canada, it is fairly well known (although some deny it.) That the Trudeau government would like to take guns away from the general population. This includes hunting rifles.

I am curious if this is the same with the US?
Is there proof of this?

One person whom I presume is a Democrat fan, said it is not true and if anything that is what Trump wants to do.
Of course I laughed at that, but..

Tom

Tom #59012 Mon Jul 08, 2024 6:43 AM
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
Trudeau's Canada has already made significant gains in banning thousands, literally, of firearms. There are those who ignore the bans and own guns that are "illegal" and have them hidden in what they endearing call "Rock (Alan) Boxes". giggle Whether Trudeau and his type (Nazis) desire to totally eliminate ALL firearms is up for debate. In the U.S. there is a minority of people who are of the same mind as Trudeau but they have basically failed at every attempt to have any impact on firearm bans/confiscation. We have several individual states who continue to violate the Constitution and the rulings of SCOTUS, even of as late but they are continually challenged in court and eventually lose in nearly every instance. Many of the ani-gunners will insist that a total removal of ALL guns is not in their agenda. They would allow single-shot .22 firearms, some shotguns and perhaps some black powder firearms but not much more. Now, as for Trump wants to make the U.S. firearm free, that is insanity and probably nothing more than a burp of someone ailing from Trump derangement syndrome. rofl Trump had a 'hiccup' when he backed the banning of bump stocks, but methnks he has come to his senses and after becoming knowledgeable of what they are and the consequences of disallowing them, he has changed his mind on that one thing. Confiscation of firearms in the U.S. will NOT happen. The British tried that back in 1775 and the results were not very successful. takethat

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Pilgrim #59013 Mon Jul 08, 2024 3:07 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
Pilgrim, thanks I was aware of most of what you said about Trudeau. Hopefully, he will be out of office soon.

I noticed something a Democrat supporter said.

Just regulate them like a car. And keep indy cars off the road and fully automatic assault weapons out of the population's hands. Easy!

Tom

Last edited by Tom; Mon Jul 08, 2024 3:08 PM.
Tom #59014 Mon Jul 08, 2024 4:34 PM
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley
Yikes Re: this Demon-rat supporter: That is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. He/she doesn't know what they are talking about. Trying to sound smart, they show themselves to be stupid.

The Chestnut Mare
Tom #59015 Mon Jul 08, 2024 7:25 PM
Permanent Resident
Permanent Resident
Isn't Trudeau just like Biden in that if they are replaced by someone in their party, the policies will remain the same. It's not Trudeau nor BIden, it is their parties group think in their world views.

John Chaney

"having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith . . ." Colossians 2:7
John_C #59016 Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:08 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
Traditionally the Liberals in Canada were usually a little left of center, depending on the leadership.
The Trudeau Liberals moved quite a bit further to the left.

Tom

Tom #59017 Sat Jul 13, 2024 9:23 AM
Permanent Resident
Permanent Resident
I realized that, but are there any traditional liberals in Canada that are left to combat the Trudeau liberals. I don't see any traditional liberals lefti n the USA, or if there are any, they keep quiet as they would be crushed by the progressive woke machine.

John Chaney

"having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith . . ." Colossians 2:7
John_C #59018 Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:14 AM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
I don’t think there are any traditional liberals left in Canada. Mainly, because if there were, they would either leave the party, or be kicked out.

Concerning the USA, you might have at least one traditional Democrat, that has left the Liberals and is running as an independent.
I am thinking of Kennedy.
Though definitely not a Republican, never the less, he is disgusted with the Democrat party.
The Democrat party does not like him either.

Would he qualify as a “traditional Liberal”?

Tom

Tom #59019 Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:29 AM
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
Originally Posted by Tom
Concerning the USA, you might have at least one traditional Democrat, that has left the Liberals and is running as an independent.
I am thinking of Kennedy.
Though definitely not a Republican, never the less, he is disgusted with the Democrat party.
The Democrat party does not like him either.

Would he qualify as a “traditional Liberal”?
I seem to remember that I addressed your thinking re: JFK Jr. in the past, right? scratchchin IF you would take a little time to research Kennedy's actual views on various subjects vs. what others write about him who are sympathetic to him, you would find he is definitely not a 'traditional' Liberal, i.e., the Democratic Party of the 1960's era. He may differ with some of the radical extremist Democrats such AOC &co, but he is woke oriented and supportive nonetheless. in comparison, I would probably put him into the Canadian NDP camp for the most part. But let me qualify that and say the NDP of about 20 years ago since I have no clue where that party stands today.

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
John_C #59020 Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:58 AM
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
Originally Posted by John_C
I realized that, but are there any traditional liberals in Canada that are left to combat the Trudeau liberals. I don't see any traditional liberals lefti n the USA, or if there are any, they keep quiet as they would be crushed by the progressive woke machine.
Me thinks there may be some traditional Liberals today in various places, i.e., those who personally would secretly align themselves with the "values" of those once held in years past. HOWEVER, just look how nearly EVERY SINGLE Democrat has voted both in the House and Senate and the various Committees on EVERY issue and again nearly EVERY ONE has voted pure radical left against conservative issues/values. They are for the most part in lock-step with what the Deep State Democrats tell them tell them to do. For whatever reason, their 'secret' views are nothing more than opinions and cannot be justified as convictions, which I'm confident you understand the difference between the two terms. smile And, I will also unabashedly say that the "Deep State" includes many Republicans as well who are disgusting lemmings and have no love for the fundamentals of the Constitution which is the basis for the Democratic REPUBLIC upon which the United States was formed. The current political class is nothing less than a "Den of Vipers" who cannot speak truth if their life depended upon it. They are habitual liars, thieves, murderers and haters of God who have only their own personal interests as their goal in life. God, Family and Country no longer has a place in their thinking. I see little hope for the future of the United States short of divine intervention. Even the modern 'church' shows similar corruption within its ranks and members. The "Old Paths" are denigrated, scoffed at and rejected. We are surely moving along to destruction as prophesied as such things are indicative of the "Last Days" which will grow increasingly worse throughout the world. There is often heard God's name mentioned but the 'god' believed by most is most always not the Sovereign God of Scripture. The true Gospel is unrecognizable. Holiness and righteousness are rarely uttered never mind the affection of the heart which has been reborn by the saving work of the Spirit of Truth. Worship can now be recognized as only blasphemous when compared to the biblical teaching. And even the Bible itself is anything but the divinely inspired, inerrant, infallible Word of God written.

But to return to your original statement, it isn't just that those in political office may be less than progressive privately, the core problem is the minds and hearts of those who voted those corrupt politicians into office. Woke politicians are the expression of the masses themselves. Unless the heart of the nation is turned, nothing will change other than get progressively worse. rolleyes2

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Pilgrim #59021 Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:11 PM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
Pilgrim
Yes I remember you talking about Kennedy before.
When I used the term “Liberal”, I used it (perhaps wrongly?) to mean the way the Democrats used to be.
The Democrats from my understanding are a lot more left leaning than ever before now.
As for Kennedy being the way NDP used to be.
I do not get that impression when I read Kennedy.

If I was an American, which I am not, I would not vote for Kennedy.

You calling Kennedy “woke” is something I have not heard before.
Perhaps, you could show me where you get that idea?

Tom

Last edited by Tom; Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:21 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 205 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AngelaWittman, Sparrow, Pie, PuritanFanboy, Sikko Krol
976 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
1,554,580 Gospel truth