Donations for the month of March

We have received a total of "0" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Forum Search
Member Spotlight
John_C
John_C
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,780
Posts54,875
Members974
Most Online732
Jan 15th, 2023
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,447
Tom 4,516
chestnutmare 3,320
J_Edwards 2,615
John_C 1,864
Wes 1,856
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 4
John_C 1
Recent Posts
Is the church in crisis
by John_C - Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:52 AM
Jordan Peterson ordered to take sensitivity training
by Tom - Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:00 PM
Should Creeds be read in Church?
by Pilgrim - Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:30 AM
1 Cor. 6:9-11
by Tom - Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:34 AM
Do Christians have Dual Personalities: Peace & Wretchedness?
by DiscipleEddie - Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:15 PM
The When and How of Justification
by DiscipleEddie - Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:13 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Tom #51771 Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:30 PM
14th amendment was ratified in 1868.

Tom #51772 Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:03 PM
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley
You might want to listen to this, all of it if possible otherwise, at least from 38:00 on. Mark Levin on Rubio

The Chestnut Mare
chestnutmare #51774 Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:20 PM
You see, Marco Rubio is one of my senators. The other one is Bill Nelson, a Democrat. Rubio used to talk pretty tough on immigration. In fact, he got elected (in the race against former governor Charlie Crist) on an anti-immigration platform. This is the one reason he got elected. He could have never beaten Crist otherwise. Enter Gang of 8. Rubio lied. I would never trust him again.

All of this goes back to my original point, which is my personal opinion, by the way. The 14th amendment, etc, may give Rubio and Cruz the right to run, but I Personally, don't think this was the intent of the writers of the Constitution because they based their system of laws on the Bible. Deut.17:14-15. Strangers among us.

Last edited by ATulipNotADaisy; Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:23 PM.
ATulipNotADaisy #51777 Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:43 PM
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
Originally Posted by ATulipNotADaisy
All of this goes back to my original point, which is my personal opinion, by the way. The 14th amendment, etc, may give Rubio and Cruz the right to run, but I Personally, don't think this was the intent of the writers of the Constitution because they based their system of laws on the Bible. Deut.17:14-15. Strangers among us.
1. I don't know what the original intent of the framers of the U.S. Constitution was in regard to this particular issue. There may be something one could find in the Federalist Papers or some other personal documents written by them that might substantiate your view. shrug

2. Methinks that the majority of the framers of the U.S. Constitution were not Christians according to a biblical definition. However, it would appear that some/many held to Judeo-Christian ethics. But I doubt the majority were biblically literate nor had much interest in what the Bible taught (exceptions noted and allowed).

3. Exegetically, I cannot see where Deut. 17:14,15 is relevant to the matter of who is qualified to be President of the United States, nor more generally, who should be considered a citizen of the United States. One would have to prove that the passage is paradigmatic and universally binding and that would have to apply to every country in the world without exclusion.

I am going to assume that what we could agree on is that SCOTUS (Supreme Court of the United States) has made some horrible judgments in its history, some of which I strongly believe are contrary to the U.S. Constitution and many certainly antithetical to God's moral law. Because we are the blood-bought children of God it is HIS law to which we unfeignedly obey and most gladly regardless of what any man rules in a court of law or what any government enacts as law. God alone is LORD of the conscience.

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
ATulipNotADaisy #51778 Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:17 PM
Addict
Addict
This is a very interesting thought. I would have to ponder this further.
Certainly I am a birther by and large, as well.
I disagree with Pilgrim that the country was founder on Christian principles..it certainly was. Many were not Christian, but Unitarian...that said, Unitarians in the late 1700's were more Christian than most Christians are today!

Grace is not common.
li0scc0 #51783 Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:54 PM
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley
I must be having a "DUH" moment here but it seems like what you and Pilgrim said were essentially in agreement. Did I miss something?

The Chestnut Mare
Robin #51912 Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:12 AM
Tom Offline OP
Needs to get a Life
OP Offline
Needs to get a Life
I am not American, however I have done some homework on Don Trump and although many of the things he says is true. We should be tough when we need to be and we also want the President to be tough. Yet, I have been reading a lot of what Trump has said and to be frank, he speaks out of both sides of his mouth.
He insults his opponents based on their looks and this is not hard to prove, just look at the Republican candidate debate.
I have every reason to believe that he is a liberal disguised as a conservative.
Tom

Tom #51913 Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:43 AM
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
Originally Posted by Tom
I am not American, however I have done some homework on Don Trump and although many of the things he says is true. We should be tough when we need to be and we also want the President to be tough. Yet, I have been reading a lot of what Trump has said and to be frank, he speaks out of both sides of his mouth.
He insults his opponents based on their looks and this is not hard to prove, just look at the Republican candidate debate.
I have every reason to believe that he is a liberal disguised as a conservative.
Tom
1. When it comes to politics, most people suffer from cerebral myopia. grin

2. Remember, it is election time and whatever 'dirt/mud' the opposition can drudge up, it will be slung.

3. The ones most targeted by the mud slinging are those who are at the top of the polls. Notice, there far less attacks on those who have little to no possibility of winning elections.

4. Most of the attacks are half truths at best. The attackers are no different than the ones they are attacking. What I mean by that is politicians are masters of deceit and liars. They rarely answer questions directly and when they do, they put a 'spin' on it with the intent to avoid the truth. Most of the recent attacks on Trump have been about what he said or did in 2006 or some earlier date, which is totally antithetical to what the man now says. The questions that should be asked are:
- Are they true?
- Has Trump made an about face and is now opposed to what he used to be in favor of?

5. Donald Trump is certainly no 'saint' by any stretch of the imagination. rolleyes2 But I must say that even the worst of the Republican candidates is more conservative than the two Democratic candidates. And, by far, more conservative than Trudeau and most any other Canadian Premier that has ever been elected. That does NOT mean that I give any of these people a pass. nono It all comes down to voting for the one who is least evil.

6. DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a firm supporter of Donald Trump nor any of the candidates currently running for office, whether it be for President, Senator or Representative.

7. Lastly, re: voters... Most people vote according to what they perceive will benefit themselves, i.e., "what's in it for me?" The mentality they have is a direct violation of the 10th Commandment. They see what the "rich" have and think that the rich should be divested of their wealth and given to them. For example, a massive amount of the young believe that the government should pay for their college tuition. But rarely do they consider where this money will come from, never mind WHY should anyone pay for their education? The answer is a 'no-brainer'; HIGHER TAXES on everyone is the typical solution to all government sponsored social programs. And higher taxes mean wages are worth less, goods and commodities cost more, etc., etc., ad nauseam. Communism resides in the hearts of the majority of people. wink

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
Tom #51917 Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:48 PM
jaf Offline
Plebeian
Plebeian
Please read the Mayflower Compact. Certainly it can be considered a "founding" document.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 77 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
PaulWatkins, His Unworthy Son, Nahum, TheSojourner, Larry
974 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
1,506,390 Gospel truth