Originally Posted by Tom
Much like Pilgrim I have a hard time breaking fellowship over the issue of eschatology.
Well, that's not 100% accurate. grin I would break fellowship when Dispensationalism is involved. MacArthur's "Progressive Dispensationalism" is bad enough, but "Classic Dispensationalism", Scofield and worse is an immediate deal breaker for me. Not only, as Robin correctly pointed out, is the nature of the Kingdom affected, but one's worship, sanctification, the doctrine of the atonement, the nature of the Church, world politics, etc., etc., etc., ad nauseam... even the very nature of God is twisted, distorted and blasphemed in 'classic' Dispensationalism.

For a God who is said to be no respecter of persons, Dispensationalism of all stripes tread all over that truth with their zealous over-emphasis upon the Jews. They make Gentiles into secondary 'citizens' who serve only to fill in the "gap; parenthesis" while God wrestles with His favorite but obstinate chosen/favorite people.

So, no... I do not have a difficult time breaking fellowship with those who hold to Dispensationalism. evilgrin

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]