Even though SBC churches are autonomous they are tied to the Convention through the Cooperative Program.It is the place where the churches tithe.That money then goes to support missions, seminaries, literature and many other programs.Churches are like people, some think their tithe is two percent, some five and some ten. This program caused me the most angst over the years.
It is fair to say that the Faith statement is non-specific in a lot of areas when compared to the LBCF or Westminster.To me ,at least, it is very specific when it speaks of "Man". It says that man fell from his original innocence and his posterity inherited a "nature" toward sin and as soon as he is capable of moral action he will become a transgressor. That is a denial of original sin, I believe.
If the church you are attending holds to the LBCF, no problem.
I have only met a couple of people in the Reformed circle who are Post Mill, all others are Amill.I have just come over to the Amill camp, having spent my entire adult life in total ignorance of any other end times view than Dispensationalism. I don't know anyone who agrees with John Mc Arthur.

[Linked Image]