I absolutely hate falling on the negative side of you and Joe's posts. I am humbled by your exhortations. Know that in everything I have done my best to be slow to speak and quick to hear.

I realize that I didn't make myself clear in my reference to Eph 6:1. Certainly I did not wish to say that the unsaved are not responsible and should not be commanded to repent and trust and obey God. I affirm that men are totally depraved and also totally responsible for their actions. I also affirm with you that it is the grace of God that keeps men from following after their own lusts to the point of destruction. In addition I do not believe that anyone is a Christian apart from baptism (i.e. born of blood) and of course I know about the thief on the cross.

The emphasis I meant to bring out with Eph 6:1 was this: Christ says, "If you love me, you will keep my commandments" (John 14:15). If we do not call our children Christian, then by default they do not love Christ. So ,it seems to me, the best we can do with our children is to teach them to obey exclusively through fear of punishment apart from them loving Christ. This smells fishy to me. I can't help but think that it is wrong somehow to indirectly reinforce our holy baptized children that they are to obey without loving Christ. This means we can't even teach our children to pray in Jesus' name because they are not Christian. Yet Paul uses the peculiar language, "in the Lord." Does God really want children to obey their parents apart from loving Christ in Eph 6:1? Joshua says, "As for me and my house we will serve the Lord." Were 2-year olds apart of Joshua's household? I don't know. But whoever is in that house is going to be serving the Lord.

And as I have argued elsewhere with others who hold to the same heretical view of presumptive regeneration, to embrace this view of necessity denies the fundamental doctrines of grace, e.g., Total Depravity, Unconditional Election, Limited Atonement, Irresistible Grace and Perseverance of the saints.

If you are going to say I hold to presumptive regeneration as a heretical view and deny Total Depravity, etc. don’t you have to say it about Calvin too?

But we must realize that at whatever time we are baptized, we are once for all washed and purged for our whole life. Therefore, as often as we fall away, we ought to recall the memory of our baptism and fortify our mind with it, that we may always be sure and confident of the forgiveness of sins.
-John Calvin Institutes 4.15.3

How does one escape calling Calvin a presumptive regenerist? I don't think you would speak of baptism the way Calvin does here. Please correct me if I am wrong about that. However, Calvin would never say nor would I that Baptism is a free ticket or a zap of magical power.