Donations for the month of April

We have received a total of "0" in donations towards our goal of $175.

Don't want to use PayPal? Go HERE

Forum Search
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums30
Topics7,787
Posts54,918
Members974
Most Online732
Jan 15th, 2023
Top Posters
Pilgrim 14,457
Tom 4,528
chestnutmare 3,324
J_Edwards 2,615
John_C 1,866
Wes 1,856
RJ_ 1,583
MarieP 1,579
gotribe 1,060
Top Posters(30 Days)
Tom 15
Pilgrim 12
John_C 2
Recent Posts
Jordan Peterson ordered to take sensitivity training
by Anthony C. - Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:57 PM
David Engelsma
by Pilgrim - Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:00 AM
1 Cor. 6:9-11
by Tom - Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:00 AM
The Jewish conservative political commentators
by Tom - Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:54 AM
The United Nations
by Tom - Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:04 PM
Did Jesus Die of "Natural Causes"? by Dr. Paul Elliott
by Pilgrim - Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:39 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#6621 Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:22 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Just to get the ball rolling on an interesting subject that I would like some Christian feedback on:<br><br>I paraphrase Martin Luther when I say that if I proclaim Christ but fail to proclaim Christ in the the area which is at that moment being attacked then I fail to proclaim Christ.<br><br>With that in mind, what area(s) should someone such as myself who is very interested and involved in evangelism and apologetics be studying up on particularly simply b/c that is what is being attacked. What comes to mind initially is God as Creator, the resurrection of Christ, the authenticity of scriptre and a few others. <br>I would really appreciate everyone's thoughts on this as I would like my mind to be tuned up and ready to give an answer for the hope that is within me - more so than I am now.<br><br>Much appreciated.<br><br>DN

#6622 Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:02 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Traditional marriage would be a good one.

#6623 Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:36 PM
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
newman21,<br><br>"Justification by Faith, Alone" is ALWAYS under attack from within the Church and without. You can't go wrong in studying this fundamental doctrine.<br><br>In His Grace,

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
#6624 Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:05 PM
Veteran
Veteran
Amen!<br><br>Amen to justification by faith too.<br><br>Let's not neglect either the basics or the contemporary issues.

True godliness is a sincere feeling which loves God as Father as much as it fears and reverences Him as Lord, embraces His righteousness, and dreads offending Him worse than death~ Calvin
#6625 Tue Oct 14, 2003 5:05 AM
The Boy Wonder
The Boy Wonder
I think the best place to start is with [color:red]Sola Scriptura!</font color=red> The writers of the Westminster Confession didn't even begin with God and His nature, but with inspired Scripture and it's perspecuity, infallibility, and sufficiency.<br> <br>Because everything else you discuss in your new forum must flow from that premise ("this is what the Bible teaches about..."), I'd make the Scriptures - and Sola Scriptura - the very first point.<br>

Pilgrim #6626 Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:31 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hi there,<br>I know that those who are called to preach and teach must preach and teach the full gospel - from creation to the culmination of all things. I see quite a few things that seem to be squarely under attack by the enemy, and the most important of all those seem to be God as creator. To a great degree I feel like Christians in America are similar to those that were in Rome in the 1st century. And with that in mind I can't help but think that all Christians need to take a serious look at the attack that Satan is mounting against God as creator. I am curious to know not only your thoughts (Pilgrim) but also the thoughts of others pertaining to the degree of importance you (and others) believe Christian apologists, preachers, teachers, evangelists should put on the issue of creation/evolution.<br>- on somewhat of a side note I think it is a lot easier to convince someone that there is a creator than it is to convince someone that scripture is infallible and should be looked at as the word of God. - to tie it in, if there is no God, then God never spoke. If God never spoke then there is no "Word of God." BUT if God exists, then we can start talking about how he spoke and get into the issue of "sola scriptura" and all that.<br>Looking forward to everyone's replies.<br>Thank you,<br>DN

#6627 Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:50 AM
Head Honcho
Head Honcho
DN,<br><br>Yes, you make a good point about beginning with God the Creator. See my A Gospel Summary. This of course, pertains to those outside the Church. When I suggested "Sola Fide" as one of the crucial doctrines which are being attacked today, I was focusing upon what is happening within the Church. It is my view, that there is no less a need for evangelism INSIDE the Church today as there is without. [img]http://www.the-highway.com/w3timages/icons/evilgrin.gif" alt="evilgrin" title="evilgrin[/img] And actually, it is a much more difficult mission field because the audience, for the most part, believes they are already saved, when in fact they are still dead in their sins. The two major contributing factors to this phenomena are: 1) Sandemanianism (Easy Believism) which is taught by Billy Graham, CCC and the overwhelming majority of Evangelical churches, and 2) Hyper-covenantalism (presumptive regeneration) which is taught by many Presbyterian and Reformed (Continental) Churches. Thus, the church membership roles are filled with people who are told they are saved yet remain unconverted by the Spirit of God.<br><br>But, back to your point about focusing upon God as Creator. This is where the Bible also begins and without an apologetic for His existence. It simply states the truth; the obvious truth, "In the beginning, GOD . . ." It has been my practice when dealing with unchurched people to start at the "beginning"; i.e., with the person and nature of God. How much emphasis one puts upon Creation is a personal choice. I suppose one could get deeply involved, e.g., in focusing upon tearing down the strongholds of evolutionary teaching. But for the average individual, I'm not so sure that sticking with the Scriptures isn't the best way to go. After all, it is the Gospel which is the power of God unto salvation and not our prowess in apologetics, logic, reason, etc. that will convince dead people to live, albeit we don't disparage any of these tools but gladly use them wisely.<br><br>In His Grace,

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]
#6628 Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:07 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>[color:"blue"]I see quite a few things that seem to be squarely under attack by the enemy, and the most important of all those seem to be God as creator.</font><hr></blockquote><p>That is something that has come to my mind a lot here in recent days. With my youth group, I am beginning a series on why we believe what we believe and why that is important. And I am using the Westminster Larger Catechism and the book This We Believe as my outline for the order of things. That means that my first lesson on this is about the meaning of life. And I was thinking about that, and if the student that I have come to everything wasn't a brighter kid than he is, than I would have to explain in even more detail WHY man's chief and highest end is to glorify God, and fully to enjoy Him forever. That reason is because God created us. But I see MUCH in churches and in supposed "Christian" bookstores that doesn't deny creation, it just ignores it as a minor detail of the Scriptures to focus on other things. Things that are more relevant. So my point in all of this is that I deffinitely agree that Creation is an important thing to study and such because, while these days it is not so much seeming, to me at least, to be refuted, it is simply being neglected.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 121 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
PaulWatkins, His Unworthy Son, Nahum, TheSojourner, Larry
974 Registered Users
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics(Views)
1,511,090 Gospel truth