I don't know exactly who these people are, but it appears that some (after doing a quick search online) are semi-Pelagian Dispensationalists. Reading through the article you linked to above, it certainly appears that Sandemanianism is being advocated, aka: Easy Believism, for according to the author, the faith that saves is one that simply "assents" to the Gospel... The author openly rejects any idea of "fiducia", i.e., faith consists in a full participation of a person's mind, affections and will of not only the Gospel but with Christ personally. Many times in the Scriptures what the author calls "simple faith" is exposed as a false, empty faith (cf. Jh 2:23-25; Matt 7:13-27; Jam 2:20-26). One of the by-words often uttered in opposition to the Roman Catholic of salvation; faith+works=justification and in rebuttal to the RC's claim that sola fide allowed one to continue in sin was "man is saved by faith alone, but not by a faith that is alone." Works do not and cannot justify, whether alone or intermixed with faith. But a true living faith justifies AND it also sanctifies. As James makes clear, works "justify" ones faith, i.e., works (obedience to God's laws, precepts, commands, etc.) evidence one's faith as being genuine saving faith.

Again, I don't know a whole lot about those who are opposed to the doctrine if faith as taught in Scripture and embraced throughout history by the true Church and its members, but there are also groups who advocate "hyper Grace", which is a form of antinomianism.

One individual mentioned in the article as opposing "Lordship Salvation" is Zane Hodges. Mr. Hodges is no stranger to many as being an adamant enemy of the doctrines of grace. And, although I would not give full approval of what the author(s) of the following article believe, it surely reveals some of the serious heresies Zane Hodges teaches: The Unusual and Troubling Teachings of Zane Hodges.

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]