Pilgrim said:
Can you clarify what you are having a problem with?

I'll try to say this again, as clearly as I can.

Do we Reformed not know and affirm from Scripture that the RCC has violently missinterpreted the words "imputed righteousness" to mean an actual or in fact "infused" righteousness? Yes, of course we do and rightfully so.

What I am struggling with is whether or not the Reformed have missinterpreted "imputed guilt" as an actual or in fact "infused" corruption of the nature of men by God. Or, is it possible by reasoning from the Scripture that the only thing that really changes in our world, by reason of obedience in Christ or disobedience in Adam, is the withdrawing or the bestowal of God's favorable and gracious administration of our world. Does our corrupted world now deliver thorns and thistles to us because it no longer reflects God's administration but the unrighteous administration of Adam and his children?

Was the monstrous sin of Adam not simply a wish for his own deification, a disbelief in God's righteous goodness and a fateful wish to "go it" by his own unrighteous administration? Thus, the expulsion from God's Garden.

The bottom line of my present struggle is as Pink says, and if I might paraphrase, that if God had infused a corrupted nature into Adam or his children, God would then be legally accountable and responsible for their sins.

Denny

Romans 3:22-24

Denny

Simon Peter answered Him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life." [John 6:68]