beloved57 said:
Well pilgrim, guess what, there is no difference. Believing the gospel is the same as believing on the lord jesus, because you are believeing the record that God of his son

eph 1: 13 makes it clear too

13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

so pilgrim why do you make a distinction where the word of God does not ?
Hermeneutics 101
"whom ye also trusted . . ." In case you weren't aware, "whom" is a person, sic the Lord Christ, the second person of the Trinity. "after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel . . ." The trusting in Christ is the result of hearing the gospel. There is a clear distinction made between the "whom", the object of one's trust and the hearing [heard] of the gospel. Paul in Rom 1:16 iterates this fact by saying that the gospel is the "power of God unto salvation", i.e., the Gospel is the means by which and through which the Holy Spirit works regeneration in the elect enabling them to believe and drawing them efficaciously to the Lord Jesus Christ. Again, in Rom 10:17 Paul states that "faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of truth [gospel]". Men may believe the gospel, in the sense that it is true. But it is the Gospel which points to the man Christ Jesus in whom one must trust with all their mind, heart, soul and strength. To suggest that sinners are saved by believing the words of which the gospel consists is nothing more than "Assensus", the acknowledging of the verity of what it says. Salvation results in one exercising "Fiducia", i.e., a trusting with one's whole being on the PERSON of Jesus Christ, both in Who He was and what He did.

beloved57 said:
as far as your testimony goes as to you falling under conviction, Gods love and repentance, well I have heard that testimony from thousands of arminians, [Linked Image]
My only response is sufficiently echoed in Paul's words to Timothy:

"for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day."

beloved57 then quips:
here is a good link to clarify what I am saying

http://www.godsonlygospel.com/Which%20Jesus2.htm
Is there something in particular in that article that I/we are supposed to take special note of which pertains to and/or disprove anything I have said? scratch1

In His grace,

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]