Originally Posted by JesusFan
The biblical truth is that the very moment God saves us in Christ, God Himself has placed Jesus as the Lord over his own, but when do need to keep on maturing in the faith, and walking out our salvation in this life.
1. Actually, Jesus IS Lord by virtue of His very being. He is LORD over every human being who was ever conceived, e.g.,

Acts 2:34-36 (KJV) 34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, 35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool. 36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
2. Practically speaking, one is not saved by making Jesus "Lord" enough in their life. Nor is one saved by not making Jesus as "Lord" in their life. One is saved by having been regenerated by the Spirit, brought to genuine conviction of sin, repentance, faith in the person of Jesus the Christ and being clothed in His perfect righteousness via imputation, and being adopted as a son/daughter of God; by God. A true believer is indeed sanctified progressively and by his/her fruit they are known to be who they profess to believe before men. (cf. Matt 6:17,20; James 2:17-26).

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]