In reply to:

There is no implication in scripture that a person cannot fully and finally resist God drawing him or her, Acts 7:51 proves this point.

Acts 7:51 "proves" no such thing. JoshT, you are so egocentric in your reading of Scripture that you consistently make God after YOUR own image; correction, far less than YOUR own image. Poor God. . . He tries desperately to save the human race. Perhaps His days are occupied with praying for those who continually reject Him. [Linked Image]

Let's look at this passage IN CONTEXT to see what it is truly saying:

Acts 7:51-52 "Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers [did], so [do] ye. Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:"
The Holy Ghost was not directly resisted, i.e., He did not come to these individuals personally and try to persuaded them to repent and believe the gospel. What the text is clearly saying is that the Prophets who were sent by the Holy Spirit to preach the gospel were resisted, even violently. Stephen goes on to show that not only did his listeners' forefathers persecute the prophets, even kill them, but they too were likewise guilty of an even more heinous crime for they crucified the Christ of whom the prophets spoke.

The Scriptures speak of 2 callings; an outward call and an inward call. The outward call is that which we read of in Acts 7:51; Lk 13:34; Rom 10:18ff; et al. The inward call is that which is spoken of in such texts as Jh 10:3ff; 6:45; Rom 8:30; Heb 8:10; Jer 31:33, 34; et al. No mortal creature is capable of resisting God directly. To even posit such a notion is inane. Nebuchadnezzar had to learn this truth the "hard way". What about you? [Linked Image]
Daniel 4:34-35 "And at the end of the days I Nebuchadnezzar lifted up mine eyes unto heaven, and mine understanding returned unto me, and I blessed the most High, and I praised and honoured him that liveth for ever, whose dominion [is] an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom [is] from generation to generation: And all the inhabitants of the earth [are] reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and [among] the inhabitants of the earth: [color:red]and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?"
In His Grace,

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]