JoshT,

First of all, the doctrines of Grace, which most every Protestant denomination after the Reformation embraced, didn't originate with Martin Luther. [Linked Image] Perhaps you aren't familiar with Augustine and others after him who also held to the same doctrines?
In reply to:

I have no clue as to what these mystical "accepted Church History texts" are, but I'm betting they would back me up as well.

I don't recall that I or anyone else made mention of any mystical documents? However I did refer to the vast array of documents which were the foundation upon which the vast majority of Protestant denominations stood. I'll just name a few:

[*]The French Confession (1559) [Huguenots][*]The Belgic Confession (1561) [Dutch Reformed][*]The Second Helvetic Confession (1562, a revision of the First of 1536) [Swiss][*]The Thirty-nine Articles of Religion (1571) [Anglican and Episcopal][*]The Canons of Dort (1618-1619) [myriad Protestant denominations][*]The Waldensian Confession (1655 French) [a group from the 12th century][*]The Savoy Declaration of Faith and Order (1658) [Congregationalists][*]The London Confession of Baptist Faith (1689) [English Baptists][*]The Philadelphia Confession of Faith (early 18th century) [American Baptists][/LIST]
    In reply to:

The fact is that most protestant churches don't accept all of the doctrines of Calvinism.

Agreed. From around the mid 1800's most major denominations have abandoned their roots to embrace semi-Pelagianism/Arminianism or even Liberalism. All this proves is that apostasy has entered into the modern church. But it doesn't negate the historicity of Calvinism’s overwhelming acceptance from the beginning.

Let's now look at the text you put so much weight upon as proving that those who have been predestinated from eternity by God's immutable council, bought with the precious blood of the Lord Christ, and indwelt by the Holy Spirit can lose that salvation by grace.

Revelation 22:18-19 "For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book."
    The text clearly qualifies the conditions that would facilitate God "taking away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city and from the things which are written in this book." The text clearly says that this action will be upon those who take away from the words of the book of this prophecy. It is speaking of those who would remove parts of the inspired text (Revelation) for whatever reason. In doing so, they show that they had no part in the book of life, nor of the holy city, but contrariwise, they are false prophets, enemies of God, etc. Again, there is so much biblical evidence that teaches "eternal security", one has to wonder why you would pick this particular passage in order to try and contradict them? [Linked Image].

I and others could easily enumerate them if you wish and then discuss them if you are so inclined. [Linked Image]

In His Grace,

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]